All these 1200 calorie diets ... what happens afterwards?

Options
1235»

Replies

• snavemom
    snavemom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Back in the 70's, when I thought I was fat, but was actually skinny, I used to go on 500 calorie a day diets, during the week so I could eat a little more on the weekends. I was always so afraid of getting fat because I was a fat baby. Fortunately I never had to watch my weight till after menopause. Now, I just look at something and I gain. Bummer!
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Why don't you ask Beachbody. That's my calorie range I was given for their program. [/quote]

If you are doing, just follow the book of Beast. It does work!, I have seen the results for it and you will get shredded. Once you are done with the program, and you are happy with the results, you will need to find your maintenance calorie level. Basically you will be increasing your calories very slowly (100 calories) and go for a few weeks, if you are still loosing weight you add another 100, there will be a point when you are stable.
    Right now I am 1600 and loosing just a little, and doing Body Beast too, but I am not following the book of beast as I am not trying to bulk, but if followed it does work!!
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    [
    From what I have read/heard Body Beast is cardio-ish. Isn't it relatively light weight/high reps?[/quote]

Body Beast is not cardio. It is a body building based program.
    It is based in progressive set training, different exercises with low, medium and high weights. High repetitions with low weights to prefatige the muscle to end up with low reps with heavy weights. Every day you work a different part of the body, and you do, single sets, giant sets, force sets...
    I am a super fan of Body Beast, but it is because I like weight lifting :)
  • VelveteenBunnyFooFoo
    VelveteenBunnyFooFoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found that 1200 calories just makes me angry. I spend my waking hours wanting to kick somebody. I currently have my limit set at 1406 which is my BMR. My TDEE is 1724, so I'm hoping that this will allow me to lose. I've lost about 3 pounds thus far (about a week) but that could be water weight for all I know.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    After losing the weight you start eating at maintenance which is higher than 1,200. For me it's about 1,600 for maintenance.

Do you find yourself gaining weight or did you have to do more exercise to maintain?

This was true for me also. I did not have to do more exercise to maintain. I kept my exercise the same. I was scared but it worked.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    After losing the weight you start eating at maintenance which is higher than 1,200. For me it's about 1,600 for maintenance.

Do you find yourself gaining weight or did you have to do more exercise to maintain?

This was true for me also. I did not have to do more exercise to maintain. I kept my exercise the same. I was scared but it worked.

I should say that I'm 5'3....so, yeah. 1200 at the end of weight loss was what I was given...I did all the calculations too...came out the same.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    mg2012 wrote: »
    One more thing, I know I am probably an extreme case, but I had to go to therapy after literally destroying my relationship with food while consuming only 1,200 calories. On the outside I looked like a model, but inside I was dying. It really screwed with my mental and emotional state.

A 1,200 calorie diet isn't the true cause. Sad to say.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I

I'm doing Body Beast. I don't think it's as well known as a program since it's not a typical Beach Body program.

It is, actually! There is a "secret" FB group I am in that has about 4000 women who do it. Their results are really inspiring. It used to be called "Body Beast for Women" but Beachbody apparently had a problem with the group using the name "Body Beast". It's a fantastic, supportive group where people are not snarky--but are really helpful. They've developed a ton of hybrid programs using other BB programs as well as free programs you can find on Bodybuilding.com (e.g., "Charlie Mike"). It's because of all the women who got involved in it that the "Hammer & Chisel" program was developed. I don't know anything about that program, as I'm currently not doing anything Beachbody, but their programs are well-designed. [/quote]
    What's the name of the group on Facebook? Thanks!