MACRO HELP & THINNER LEANER STRONGER?

Just read the book THINNER, LEANER, STRONGER by Michael Matthews...got my macros from him. Curious about it any of you have read this book and had success + want insight on my macros. I will say I've been eating less than the allotted calories as I just can't eat that much when consuming so much protein. I've been eating around 1600-1800 a day and have lost 1.5 lbs since Monday but fear it's water weight. I don't want to lose .5 a week; I want to lose 2-3 in beginning as I am so overweight.

Female
5'4"
253#
Sedentary job
Moderately active 4-5x a week about an hour each time
Body fat: 46.9%

Books recommendations:
2025 cal
202 protein
152 carb
68 fat

I want to lose 2ish lbs a week at least.

Thoughts about my macros and book?! Thanks!

Replies

• hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Your TDEE is around 2151 without exercise. If you wanna lose 2 lbs a week then you need a 1000 calorie deficit each day. If you consume 2025 calories then u need to burn an average of 975 calories a day from exercise and that's very unrealiatic.
  • Graciefab
    Graciefab Posts: 30 Member
    hhazzouri wrote: »
    Your TDEE is around 2151 without exercise. If you wanna lose 2 lbs a week then you need a 1000 calorie deficit each day. If you consume 2025 calories then u need to burn an average of 975 calories a day from exercise and that's very unrealiatic.

Online calculators and this book is saying my TDEE is higher than that. So that means I'd need to eat around 1600 a day and work out a ton
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited May 2016
    Graciefab wrote: »
    Just read the book THINNER, LEANER, STRONGER by Michael Matthews...got my macros from him. Curious about it any of you have read this book and had success + want insight on my macros. I will say I've been eating less than the allotted calories as I just can't eat that much when consuming so much protein. I've been eating around 1600-1800 a day and have lost 1.5 lbs since Monday but fear it's water weight. I don't want to lose .5 a week; I want to lose 2-3 in beginning as I am so overweight.

Female
    5'4"
    253#
    Sedentary job
    Moderately active 4-5x a week about an hour each time
    Body fat: 46.9%

Books recommendations:
    2025 cal
    202 protein
    152 carb
    68 fat

I want to lose 2ish lbs a week at least.

Thoughts about my macros and book?! Thanks!

It's a good book.

Follow its advice.
  • hhazzouri
    More or less
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

how do you get a TDEE of 2151? and if it's without exercise it's called NEAT btw.

My TDEE at 152 is 2300-2500...I suspect her's is much higher than mine.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2016
    Graciefab wrote: »

Online calculators and this book is saying my TDEE is higher than that. So that means I'd need to eat around 1600 a day and work out a ton

don't listen to him...

Scooby has your TDEE @2900 with 20% of it's about 2200...stick with the book.
  • hhazzouri
    edited May 2016
    Seems like math isnt so popular around here so lets do this again. With a BMR of 1870 (find calculator online) and a desk job that gives you a factor of 1.15 for a total daily expenditure of 2151 calories a day. To lose 2lbs a week you need a 1000 calorie deficit a day, which puts her at 1151 calories a day assuming she does not exercise.

You wanna add exercise to the formula ? sure ! With an average of 300 calories a session, 5 times a week, that's a total of 1500 calories burned from exercise every week, which is an average of 215 calories a day. total TDEE would be 1870x1.15 + 215 = 2366 calories a day. 2 Lbs a week that's a 1000 calorie deficit a day which puts her at 1266 calories net.

• Graciefab
    Graciefab Posts: 30 Member
    It's so hard because so many different sources say different things. I've been regularly consuming 1600-1800 for the last few days and that's been fine. Since it's an estimate as no calculator truly knows your exact TDEE, I'll stick with the book and adjust. Also I walk 45 a day during work and do 4 intense circuit training sessions on top of walk running every other day. So it may be a bit higher.