Ready to give up!

Options
2»

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @wickedmaineah Also, have you measured yourself? Sometimes you can see improvements with the tape measure when the scale is being snarky.

@tiffanifair Love that illustration!!
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, try different things. I know it's tough and can seem impossible at times! Try to keep an open mind and not personalize it too much. It's just dispassionate science, not a conspiracy to keep you down.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    If you give up...then you won't be a better you. How long have you been stalled out for? You said you all started in April, and given your loss you've been stuck 2 weeks maybe? Give it time. Weight loss isn't linear, and the woosh chart is great. :smile:
    Also, you can up your treadmill time, but really you want to eat back at least some of your calories, because MFP is set up to give you a sustainable loss not accounting for exercise (though it does account for your general activity level).
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor. Measure your successes another way than just with a scale. I have been at this since February. I am at a plateau. I am weighing my food. I am exercising. And what I do is once a month, I measure myself. I haven't lost anything in the last two weeks or so in weight. I measured and I lost 4 inches. It made me feel so much better.

Measure your exercise goals. Measure your food goals. Do something beyond the scale because it means more than just a number on the scale. :smile:

Congrats on your loss. You lost something!
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    When I feel frustrated, I look at my reports and see the downward trend. True, there are a few plateaus and some small gains, but the trend is down, down, down. You can print out your report and tape it to your fridge.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    I started January 1st, down to 1500 cals per day which is well below whats recommended but *kitten* it I said, I wanted results, damn all dropped until mid Feb when I lost 7lbs in 1 week, since then its been a steady 2-4lbs per week. Give it more time.

Ignore this - 1) it's a guy & 2) it's BS
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    when I feel frustrated, I look at my reports and see the downward trend. True, there are a few plateaus and some small gains, but the trend is down, down, down. You can print out your report and tape it to your fridge.

This is what to listen to!