How much does your weight fluctuate as your TOM approaches?

2»

Replies

• MrsQuinones132
    MrsQuinones132 Posts: 24 Member
    My weight is all over the place during my TOM so try my best not to pay attention to the scale at all and just move forward while I avoid stepping foot into the pantry.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Mine finished today and am still holding on to the extra 1kg...
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    -1 to +1 in a sinusoid -- I try to only weigh myself once a month. LOL
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,739 Member
    Thank you so much for all of your replies. I feel a lot better knowing it's not just me - and that the weight does indeed drop off. Before peri-menopause, I never craved food or bloated up, so this is a huge surprise for me!

It's amazing that a woman's body will naturally hang on to every last calorie on the off chance there is a pregnancy, and if there isn't, it just lets go of what it no longer needs. Amazing. Not helpful if you're trying to lose weight, but still amazing!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    up to 3lbs and that can last from 7 to 10 days... :/
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    It just depends some months I am the same and sometimes the week before my TOM and that week my weight goes up by 2-4 lbs. I always find the week before my period is worse. I KNOW I am not that hungry really but I feel like I could just eat everything in sight!
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    My average weight for the past year has been 126 pounds. Last month I weighed in at 137 during the height of bloat haha. I have a couple squares of Ritter Sport to curb cravings.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Mine fluctuates A LOT. I have a weight loss spreadsheet that I update outside of MFP, and I have my PMS weeks marked with a red box so that when I get the big gain, I know its cause, knowing I'll have a whoosh week when I weigh-in the following week. I've learned to ignore whatever number is going to pop up the week of the red box.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    2-4lbs typically from mid cycle till time of the month. Then the week after I see a big drop on the scale.