Starbucks options?

Options
My riding group is having a get together tomorrow at Starbucks, I would like to know if they have any fairly healthy drinks there, where the numbers won't totally kill me.
Thoughts?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    They offer sugar free syrup
  • fangedneko
    fangedneko Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Every Starbucks that I've ever been in has bottled water.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you consider "healthy" after a group ride. For the past 2-3 weeks I have been having their frappuccinos every weekday with about 5-6 scoops of protein for the half-price happy hour. Roughly 400-500 calories with 40+ protein (depending on the options). If you have a long ride, that probably doesn't even put a dent in your calorie burn. I don't like the foods though.
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't like sweet drinks, so if I get a "fancy" coffee, it's usually just a small cappuccino which comes in at 90 calories. But like queenliz mentioned above, you can get sugar-free syrup if you want something flavoured.

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Iced black coffee. I love mine with four Equals and maybe a sprinkle of vanilla/cocoa powder. <3
  • kitiarascott
    kitiarascott Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My go to is an iced passion tea no classic!
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Venti skinny iced caramel macchiato--- so good and doesn't taste skinny. I usually can't stand sugar free syrups. I think it's 170 calories.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I get an iced soy latte, it has protein and minimal sugar. I believe it's about 130 calories for a 16 oz. I also love unsweetened green or black tea.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Venti iced skinny mocha with an extra shot :) 145 calories
  • warnickbecca34
    warnickbecca34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    E
    They also have very nice iced teas, just specify unsweetened. I also like their oatmeal, skip the brown sugar packet and add the dried fruit (which makes it plenty sweet) and nuts

• Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm not American and I've never been to a Starbucks but I know it's essentially a coffee shop... but sometimes I wonder if they even sell coffee! The way people talk about Starbucks you would think that coffee was secondary with all the talk about powders, frapps and syrups! Can you just get a latte? Get it small and if you need a sweetener, then add it. I see so many posts about people fretting over Starbucks, it blows my mind. Someone mentioned a small cappuccino.... sounds good and easy to me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Ashtoretet wrote: »
    Black coffee has no calories per serving.

This was my thought. It's what I always get.

They also have teas. No need to add sugar if you don't want (I never do). And of course they have water.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Etsar73 wrote: »
    I'm not American and I've never been to a Starbucks but I know it's essentially a coffee shop... but sometimes I wonder if they even sell coffee! The way people talk about Starbucks you would think that coffee was secondary with all the talk about powders, frapps and syrups! Can you just get a latte? Get it small and if you need a sweetener, then add it. I see so many posts about people fretting over Starbucks, it blows my mind. Someone mentioned a small cappuccino.... sounds good and easy to me.

Yes, of course you can just get a latte or even an expresso. You can also get regular old coffee or iced coffee (black, of course) or an Americano.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Most of them also have coconut milk which will reduce both the calories and carbs in your drink vs soy or cow milk.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Most of them also have coconut milk which will reduce both the calories and carbs in your drink vs soy or cow milk.

What? Coconut milk is 552 calories per cup while 2% milk is only 124? Coconut milk also has one more gram of carbs.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you want something "fancy" or regular coffee but I always get a blonde roast when I'm there and I love it. I personally take cream and sugar in my coffee but I'm sure you could also drink it black for zero calories. I love Starbucks blonde roast.
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A tall skin latte & water.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Venti skinny iced caramel macchiato--- so good and doesn't taste skinny.

Yeah, this one right here.

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You can always get iced tea. You can get it unsweetened and just add what you want at the mix-in counter.