What food/drink do you not log?

Options
I don't log green tea or no sugar squash/cordial.

Replies

• LAC73167
    LAC73167 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I LOG EVERYTHING. - Even my supplements. but I think I'm OCD! LOL
    The reason I log everything is to have a history of my intake (macros, etc) I have acquired food intolerances lately (at 49 years old!) and its helped my naturopath figure out what was happening with me. I also tend to break out in a rash when I eat too much protein (well, to be honest, i was eating 3x the amount of the RDA of protein,so I like to keep an eye. - I don't care what the calories say ( I like to keep them between1200 and 1500) but I really log to watch my Protein, Carbs and SUGAR (which I'm trying to keep to under 20g a day.)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I don't bother with black coffee, water, or diet sodas. Anything with calories I log. I don't track water intake anymore with MFP.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I don't log water as the "8 cups" tracker can be any sized cup. I use a 1 litre water bottle and drink all that.
    I log everything else I eat and drink.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    black coffee, mints/gum
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I don't log diet sodas, Vitamin waters, and the like

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I logged my green tea and my 2 Ritz crackers yesterday, so no. I don't think I neglect logging. I log my 6 cups of black coffee on weekends and my 2.8 cups of black coffee on weekdays. I log my vitamins.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    plain tea & iceberg lettuce.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I recently started tracking vitamins only so I remember what I take one day to the next. I cycle through several things throughout a week.

As for food and drink, I only worry about things with significant calories. Because calories eaten and calories burned are estimates.

I only log the creamer I put into my coffee.
    Don't log tea, lettuce on sandwiches, spices... things like that, that are pretty much zero.

I want my deficit to have a cushion. If my daily deficit is 100 calories, meh. Maybe I will lose today, maybe not.
    If it's 200 calories, I feel better about it. That 4 calories from lettuce is not meaningful, daily or long-run. Even if I ate that lettuce 10x a day.

• EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I log diet sodas because it has sodium and I want to keep track of that.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Water, diet soda, sugar free drinks (only 5cals which makes no difference to me personally). Everything else gets logged even if it's just lettuce because I also track macros/micros vs only calories.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I don't log my supplements but everything else gets logged. If I'm not honestly keeping track than I won't know what is working vs what needs to change.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If it has no calories/macro value, I don't log it. Anything else, I log.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I don't log multivitamins, water, or diet soda.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Tea, or water
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my water with lemon wedges. less than 10 calories a glass so i dont even bother
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    gum... but I chew them like a cigarette smoker smokes so I probably should.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I don't log black coffee, plain tea or water.
  • nicoleash126
    nicoleash126 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Log EVERYTHING.