Who does intermittent fasting?

Options
anthonypetosa7
anthonypetosa7 Posts: 23 Member
I have been doing it for 3 months now. What are your experiences?

Replies

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I like it, been doing it about a month
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it as a lifestyle for over 2 years now. Originally cut from 198 lbs down to 164 lbs...currently hanging out mid 170's.

My eating window is from 11am - 6pm, so 17 off and 7 on. Works well for me, as I don't miss breakfast and train/exercise in a fasted state at about 5:30 am.

I will break it on Saturdays and Sundays on occasion for breakfast/brunch, but it depends.

Love it!
  • ChxSurf782
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Double posted, edited to remove.
  • anthonypetosa7
    Options
    I found I dropped weight super fast
  • mrsamyfloyd
    mrsamyfloyd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First time hearing this, what is it?
  • anthonypetosa7
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever go back to eating breakfast. This makes dieting much easier, giving you the freedom to eat foods you enjoy and big meals without fat gain. Wish I knew about this sooner.
  • anthonypetosa7
    Options
    It was basically waiting 4-6 hours before eating or taking in any calories. This allows you to burn fat fast and allow you more freedom to eat foods you enjoy with out going over your calories. First few days will be hard but then your body will adjust. Black coffee or tea is great for repressing appetite while fasting.
  • Betzaidahenry
    Betzaidahenry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice idea!!!!!
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It's great. I was pretty much doing a variation of IF before deciding to adhere strictly to the principles of it in all situations. On the weekends in the past prior to starting IF I would break fast in order to eat with family or whatever. Now I stick to it regardless. I don't have a problem being around people who are eating when I am fasting, but it gets old when they keep telling me it's ok. I generally don't open my mouth when I dont understand something and wished more people would do the same lol
  • ChxSurf782
    Options
    First time hearing this, what is it?

Intermittent Fasting.

Basically a diet regimen that either cycles days on/off fasting or incorporates a certain number of hours a day into fasting. It's good for insulin sensitivity as well as mobilizing fat stores when you combine with fasted training. Not for everybody and the first 3-6 days on it can be a bear. Tons of info if you google it.

• Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Iv been thinking of doing this as I don't have much weight to lose. Just a couple pounds so might helps shift the last couple quicker!
    How about the 2 day a week 500 calorie diet? 5:2 is it?
  • ChxSurf782
    Options
    Highly recommend searching for the Leangains guide to Intermittent Fasting/Training.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ChxSurf782 wrote: »
    Highly recommend searching for the Leangains guide to Intermittent Fasting/Training.

Can you still train whilst fasting? I feel like I would pass out or do you skip gym on fasting days?
  • doughanson06
    doughanson06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 5 day a week fast for almost a year. Have gone from 282lbs to 220lbs. I was never a big breakfast guy so it wasn't that much of a stretch for me. Eating supper early was the most difficult change. I highly recommend it.
  • ChxSurf782
    edited May 2016
    Options

Can you still train whilst fasting? I feel like I would pass out or do you skip gym on fasting days?

Yes. In fact, it's highly beneficial to achieving a lean physique. It DOES take some getting used to, but I prefer training on an empty stomach anyways so it was fairly easy for me.

Hardest part on some days is the last 1-1.5 hours or so before the feeding window opens. Other days, I'm 1-2 hours past it before I ever get hungry!

It stabilizes your blood sugar and reduces cravings after time as well, so it becomes easier after 1.5-2 weeks for most people.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Try coconut water for those that are worried about going hypo or cramping during fasted workouts.
  • anthonypetosa7
    Options
    Yes you can train fasted it's actually recommended. You will burn for fat this way. Take caffeine for more energy if needed before a workout.
  • pfreeme
    pfreeme Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Yes. In fact, it's highly beneficial to achieving a lean physique. It DOES take some getting used to, but I prefer training on an empty stomach anyways so it was fairly easy for me.

Hardest part on some days is the last 1-1.5 hours or so before the feeding window opens. Other days, I'm 1-2 hours past it before I ever get hungry!

It stabilizes your blood sugar and reduces cravings after time as well, so it becomes easier after 1.5-2 weeks for most people.

Ive done this for ages. Ive never been a breakfast person,the only downfall is I cycle to work often and do my errands by bike and Ive found I have to bring nuts w/ me my sugar has dropped and I get dizzy/shakes if I go too long. Ive found Im more comfortable lighter.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    I do it when I'm cutting (actually use alternate day fasting with zero cals on fasting days)