Who does intermittent fasting?

Replies

• cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    I don't cause I love food
  • Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    I love it. Did it before I was even trying to lose weight. I usually have an appetite during a small window of time during the day, so it's easy for me to skip breakfast and not eat for a few hours before bed. A few times a month I'll do 0 calorie fasting days. If I had to force myself to do it though I wouldn't.
  • anthonypetosa7
    anthonypetosa7 Posts: 23 Member
    @cookielover_96 do some research it's the best way to "diet"
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    I am on it and have been doing it for 2 months -and the "claims" of fast "fat loss" and all that on me are unfounded.

Before IF and after IF - my weight loss has been exactly the same and fat percent drop has been similar as well. No change whatsoever.

I'm still on it because it frees up so much time lol and I'll probably stay on it because my body is used to it now but for me -as far as I can see via measurements on scale and measuring tape it did not do anything special.
  • anthonypetosa7
    @viren19890 are you hitting your macros? Even though you fast you still have to hit your macros and be in a calorie deficit by 2-500 cals. If your going under your maintenance calories you will lose weight. Your body will have to burn fat for energy.
  • viren19890
    @viren19890 are you hitting your macros? Even though you fast you still have to hit your macros and be in a calorie deficit by 2-500 cals. If your going under your maintenance calories you will lose weight. Your body will have to burn fat for energy.

Yeah bro, weight loss is consistent. All I'm saying is that Intermittent fasting did not do anything "special" for me like people claim in youtube videos.

Before intermittent fasting and after intermittent everything stayed the same. I' meet my macros everyday in my deficit. I still need to drop last 10-12 lbs to reach my goal weight though.
  • mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    Any kinobody fans here?
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member

I also love food. IF regimens largely allow you to eat everything you would normally eat, including "cheat" meals when you want it! The difference is that it doesn't follow the debunked bro-science of "needing to eat small meals throughout the day to stoke your metabolism".

Your metabolism is what it is: Meal frequency does not affect total Thermic Effect of Food (TEF). You cannot "trick" the body in to burning more or less calories by manipulating meal frequency.

• strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    viren19890 wrote: »

Yeah bro, weight loss is consistent. All I'm saying is that Intermittent fasting did not do anything "special" for me like people claim in youtube videos.

Before intermittent fasting and after intermittent everything stayed the same. I' meet my macros everyday in my deficit. I still need to drop last 10-12 lbs to reach my goal weight though.

I failed miserably at IF. But when I tried again with alternate day fasting 3 days a week the results were way better than any diet I ever used. It removes roughly 6000-8000cals out of my diet a week, zero calories on fasting days = no insulin = no fat storage
  • viren19890
    strozman wrote: »
    viren19890 wrote: »

I failed miserably at IF. But when I tried again with alternate day fasting 3 days a week the results were way better than any diet I ever used. It removes roughly 6000-8000cals out of my diet a week, zero calories on fasting days = no insulin = no fat storage

I have zero understand of insulin and all these- still need to study on those. I'm still doing IF but mine is like from 6 pm to 8 am next morning. Only reason I do it because it saves times because I don't have to worry about eating. Otherwise I saw no results.

I wish there was something that would magically drop fats and maintain muscle but scientifically speaking other than steroids nothing else achieves that.
  • anthonypetosa7
    @mecoconleche yep doing gg program. Highly recommend it.
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    I did it my last cut. It worked well for me going on about 18 hours fasted.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I typically eat a small breakfast at 1 and eat my evening dessert before before 8:30. It fits well with my schedule and makes it easier to eat a larger lunch. I'm not at all strict with timing, though I really don't like eating before 11.

I will drink a cup or two of coffee before breakfast.
  • HollyJ2016
    HollyJ2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Think I'm going to try it
  • Dreamer_Aly
    Dreamer_Aly Posts: 29 Member
    I fast three days out of the week and have been doing so for about 5 months. It works well for me☺️
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    I do it on a 5:2. My parents even do it. I do it where I drink a protein, nutrient dense smoothly but also eat fiber rich snacks. I love it.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2016

That's why I do it. Lol

• Zom_bunny
    Zom_bunny Posts: 86 Member
    I always skip breakfast. Makes me sick to even consider it
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Day 1 of IF :#
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    I'm so confused. I thought you had to eat to give your body fuel to burn. I'm pretty new at this and I'm finding it more and more confusing.