Few reasons why counting calories is awesome

Options
2»

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    190 days today and 53lbs down...YES it works!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    43442242.png

When I see people frustrated with micro-managing their macros, I just want to give them a hug and say it doesn't have to be that hard!
  • jazzguy4him
    jazzguy4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 545 days and counting. (So to speak...)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    only been counting calories since september 17 2012... 80 pound loss!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25 pounds! Not nearly as awesome as those other folks, but I'm getting there!
  • designgears
    Options
    I am down 13lbs after only 12 days of calorie counting.

I have tried every diet out there, counting calories is the easiest, simplest way to go about it. All the silly diets that require drops, axing 3/4 of the food groups, only juice, etc... they all make you feel like you are starving and over complicate eating right.
  • Rebtor88
    Rebtor88 Posts: 2
    Options
    Logged in for 70 days in a row.... Down 15 Lbs... Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Slowly.. but surely.. I will get there.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25 pounds! Not nearly as awesome as those other folks, but I'm getting there!
    Trust me, it's awesome and you're here, that counts for a lot!:wink::happy:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    Counting calories is extremely effective: at least for me! Followed by a food log and reviewing your log frequently. It makes you aware of what you are consuming. A bite of this and a bite of that really adds up fast. Make sure your counting liquid cals as well! Eventually you'll be looking at the cals before you consume and even before you buy food. It makes all the difference being aware of what your eating and being able to substitute what you crave for things that are more healthly with fewer cals. Don't cheat either people!!!! You have to honest with yourself and count every bite you eat and every drink you take! Do this for a while and eventually (hopefully) you won't have to do this forever once you get use to eatting more healthy portions. It takes awareness, motivation and will power to lose weight correctly and keep it off! I still count my calories and I've lost 50 lbs since I had my daughter (20lbs since joining MFP).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Mine is below. Started April 9, 2013...so exactly 3 months in today.

I weigh in weekly so there is probably 2-3 more lbs that will be added Friday :)
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    52 lbs in 5 months, and maintaining that loss for the last 2 months. Went from an XXL to a M, from an 18/20 to a 10/12 ... so yeah, I'd say it works.
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Worked for me.....went from XL/16 to Sm/4. Calories in -calories out= weight loss. Oh and accountability. Started May 2012 and have been maintaining for 4 months.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I lost around 50 from September until early February of this year & have since lost around 68 more pounds tracking on here.
  • karolinacorrea
    karolinacorrea Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! I am both inspired and jealous...:tongue: