I've hit my short term goal! What are yours?

Options
I started out in Jan. at 138 lbs my s/t goal was to be 130 by June. I knew if for some reason I didnt hit this goal that was OK but I was still going to strive for it. I am now at 128 as of the last 5 days. Feeling super good and proud bc I hit it before I expected too! My goal weight is 120 but I dont plan to hit that for quite some time as I am pretty happy where I am right now :)

What are your short term goals?

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I have goals coming out my ears lol. Currently I'm working on a fitness goal of being able to do one full pushup, currently can do 20 on the knees. When I started it was only 5 on the knees.

I'm also 1lb from my first goal weight, then I will be adjusting for another 15lb loss before I start heavy strength training.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Current short term goal: lose 8 lbs and fit in my bikini/summer clothes.

Slightly longer term goal: work back up to my previous max lifts
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Current short term goal: lose 8 lbs and fit into my bikini/summer clothes

Slightly longer term goal: work back up to my previous max lifts
  • WiiWiiWii
    WiiWiiWii Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am at the start of my weight loss journey [again]. I'm glad you posted this question because while I know it is important to set short term and long term goals, my eye has been on the big prize and I had forgotten how crucial it is to set short term goals. With that said, my first goal is to lose 20 pounds. I am on a "lose 20 pounds in 30 days..." diet. I've done it before so I know it's possible. I just started a day ago, so I believe my goal should be met by June 15th. I'm excited this time around. I have not had much motivation over the past few years due to a health issue. But, I'm feeling a little better and I think I'm ready.
  • hhazzouri
    hhazzouri Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Washboard abs
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of a 12-week challenge to myself to maintain an average daily deficit of 250 calories per day and complete every day of the Body Beast program. I'm 30 days in and on track. :smile: I will complete the program before leaving for a camping trip mid-July.

My next goal will be to get right back into my eating and workout program when I return from camping. Will be starting Hammer and Chisel.

Weight-wise, I'm almost to goal so expect to reach my final goal weight by mid-August.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    I have goals coming out my ears lol. Currently I'm working on a fitness goal of being able to do one full pushup, currently can do 20 on the knees. When I started it was only 5 on the knees.

I'm also 1lb from my first goal weight, then I will be adjusting for another 15lb loss before I start heavy strength training.

If your goal is push-ups, I would recommend hundredpushups.com. It's a program to get you to 100 consecutive push-ups. I started it once at 1 push-up and got up to 89 in a row before being a complete idiot and stopping for whatever reason. I'm starting it again to see if i can go all the way this time. There's a free app for it, too. If you can do 20 on the knees you should be able to do at least a couple regular ones. If not now, soon! :smile:
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to be able to run 5 mins, walk for 1 min for 7 reps. Currently I am run 3 mins, walk 1 min for 7 reps.

I don't have a scale until August (living on a small island for the summer) but in the next three months I hope to lose 20lbs or be back to my graduation weight :)
  • nicoleash126
    nicoleash126 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would be extremely happy just to lose 10 lbs. my overall goal is to lose 40, but damn I'll be proud with my first 10!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    To fit into a swimsuit I bought that makes my hip fit muffin top a bit. lol and a cute dress that I ordered that isn't here yet will hopefully fit by a baptism next month.
  • lasirena624
    lasirena624 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My overall goals were to do cardio vascular exercises
    two to four times a week,
    to run 3 miles, and
    to loose 30lbs.

I am doing cardio vascular exercises three to five times a week and doing some strength training a few times a week too. I have started a 5k running program and have done just over 2.3 miles. I have lost 20lbs.
  • jackslovely
    jackslovely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started the beginning of March at 208 and my 1st mini goal was to lose 15lbs by the end of April and i did. I lost a total of 19 so far and my next mini goal is to be close to 160 by the end of September and 1st main goal is to be at 140 by the end of year. Afterwards, i wanna get down to 120 then bulk up.