No Carbs after 5pm

Options
Has anyone tried the method of not consuming carbs after 5pm did you find it effective with helping you to lose weight?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If it helps you stay under your calorie goals, go for it. If not, no point.

This^
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Nutrient timing won't affect your weight loss, it's a matter of eating at a modest caloric deficit consistently over time.

Having said that some people do find it easier to stick to a slightly lower carb, higher protein & fat diet as you tend to feel full for longer.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate it.
    Just was asking out of curiosity.
    Thanks.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I do better staying relatively low carb during the day and then having bulk of my carbs at dinner or late snack. I'm not a low carb overall eater - I do at least 150g a day and usually over 200.

If I eat too many carbs earlier I have found that I'm more hungry the rest of the day. When that happens I'm a lot more likely to go over calories or be really hungry and suffering. If I wait until evening, I am asleep before I can get hungry again.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Some people find that eating carbs before bed interrupts their sleep pattern. I find if I have protein I sleep better. Other than that, meh.
  • ktilton70130
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    So what happens of you eat a carb at 5:01? Does daylight savings time make a difference?

vanwolfgest06ak8.gif

Dont be a smart *kitten* I was simply asking a question if you dont have a response move on.
  • ktilton70130
    Options
    So what happens of you eat a carb at 5:01? Does daylight savings time make a difference?

Dont be a smart *kitten*, I was asking a question if you dont have an answer move on
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the method of not consuming carbs after 5pm did you find it effective with helping you to lose weight?

I generally don't eat starches or grains in the evening...but understand that there's nothing "magical" about this...eating carbs or not eating carbs in the evening really makes no difference in and of itself. I do this because I don't log and it's simply a strategy for managing calories.

I've been in maintenance for over three years and don't log...but when I was actively losing I actually ate grains and starches in the evening and logged and hit my calorie targets and easily lost about 40 Lbs. Again, this, and similar things are simply different ways of controlling the calories coming in.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If it helps you stay under your calorie goals, go for it. If not, no point.
    This. If you still have calories after 5pm, eat all the carbs (within calorie goal!) you like. But just cutting carbs off at a specific time has no affect on weight loss or gain. It's a calorie game all the way.
  • CharlotteDiva
    CharlotteDiva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In the chrono diet (which I follow with good results) carbohydrates are allowed only at breakfast, up to 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM. The very last meal of the day has to be taken before 08:00 - 09:00 PM and does not include carbs.