Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    You are so bad @TavistockToad
    Look away!!!!

I will not... :love:

SMH!!!
    Fine, it's your eyes. You have been warned.
  • nicole_ann114
    nicole_ann114 Posts: 8 Member
    Whoa
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Look away!!!!

SMH!!!

I thought of you just now as I ate a spoonful of peanut butter.... :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    Look away!!!!

SMH!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That is so mean, you know that.
    I have purposefully not bought any in a while cause summer is upon us....
    I am very sad :disappointed:
  • TavistockToad
    Look away!!!!

SMH!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That is so mean, you know that.
    I have purposefully not bought any in a while cause summer is upon us....
    I am very sad :disappointed:

Awwww.... worth it though!
  • MityMax96

Awwww.... worth it though!

That's debatable.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    GET A ROOM YOU TWO!
  • MityMax96
    GET A ROOM YOU TWO!

Hmmm....that's a good idea.....
    What you say @TavistockToad ??

Don't be jelly @nakedraygun :laugh:
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    GET A ROOM YOU TWO!

Hahaha. :p
  • MityMax96
    :tongue:
  • TavistockToad
    GET A ROOM YOU TWO!

:huh: :laugh: behave you!
  • MityMax96
    GET A ROOM YOU TWO!

:huh: :laugh: behave you!

Yes ma'am. :disappointed::cry:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    OMG @mitymax96

fml.

why are you so smexy all the time.
  • MityMax96
    JoRocka wrote: »
    OMG @mitymax96

fml.

why are you so smexy all the time.

Hey beautiful.

Not all the time....trust me.
    I have been pounding all sorts of crap since Friday.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Hello friends, I have an important question to ask all of you.

So let's say I have a friend who is 6'1" tall and weighed 170 in the beginning of last year (started off fit and lean) and his goal was to increase the size of his arms and chest, and to achieve a 6 pack by the end of the year. After a year of lifting, bulking, and cutting, he ended the year looking exactly the same as he started. He was adamant about consuming a certain amount of protein a day, keeping a low calorie count, and was consistent in all of his workouts (arms, chest, legs, abs, etc.)

What would you suggest he change? Any advice into increasing muscle size? Does anyone have any techniques that worked for them that you swear by?

My opinion....I am at the same stats myself.

A couple things to look at, would be if you go for 1 year (so 12 months).
    I would advise you do 6 - 8 months of calorie surplus where you are adding ~6-8 lbs / month.
    So for 6 months that would be about 36 lbs, for 8 months 48 lbs....I might would split the baby and go 7 months for ~42 lbs.

Lifting should be heavy, looking to add weight to the bar as much as possible.
    For compound lifts.
    Isolation stuff can be done, but the emphasis should be on compounds and getting stronger.

Then after 6 or 7 months, start cutting....

But it is a slow process and 1 year is honestly a drop in the bucket for doing something like that.

Like I said I have same stats, 6'1 and 170 lbs right now.
    And man, me staying on point with my goals during a bulk (consuming enough) is very hard for me.
    Cutting down comes pretty easy, but putting on weight....is so hard.

This is awful advice! As a 'natural' lifter you should be looking to gain 0.5-1lb per week so you don't just get fat!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    If the OP was 6 ft and 170 and could not see abs at the beginning he probably wasn't all that lean. Most will suggest not bulking unless around 12-15% bodyfat.
  • MityMax96
    Hello friends, I have an important question to ask all of you.

So let's say I have a friend who is 6'1" tall and weighed 170 in the beginning of last year (started off fit and lean) and his goal was to increase the size of his arms and chest, and to achieve a 6 pack by the end of the year. After a year of lifting, bulking, and cutting, he ended the year looking exactly the same as he started. He was adamant about consuming a certain amount of protein a day, keeping a low calorie count, and was consistent in all of his workouts (arms, chest, legs, abs, etc.)

What would you suggest he change? Any advice into increasing muscle size? Does anyone have any techniques that worked for them that you swear by?

My opinion....I am at the same stats myself.

A couple things to look at, would be if you go for 1 year (so 12 months).
    I would advise you do 6 - 8 months of calorie surplus where you are adding ~6-8 lbs / month.
    So for 6 months that would be about 36 lbs, for 8 months 48 lbs....I might would split the baby and go 7 months for ~42 lbs.

Lifting should be heavy, looking to add weight to the bar as much as possible.
    For compound lifts.
    Isolation stuff can be done, but the emphasis should be on compounds and getting stronger.

Then after 6 or 7 months, start cutting....

But it is a slow process and 1 year is honestly a drop in the bucket for doing something like that.

Like I said I have same stats, 6'1 and 170 lbs right now.
    And man, me staying on point with my goals during a bulk (consuming enough) is very hard for me.
    Cutting down comes pretty easy, but putting on weight....is so hard.

This is awful advice! As a 'natural' lifter you should be looking to gain 0.5-1lb per week so you don't just get fat!

Not bad advice if he can drop weight quickly.
    If he is someone that could not drop weight quickly, then I would not suggest he do that.
  • howyoud00in
    howyoud00in Posts: 7 Member

(A couple things to look at, would be if you go for 1 year (so 12 months).
    So for 6 months that would be about 36 lbs, for 8 months 48 lbs....I might would split the baby and go 7 months for ~42 lbs.)

36lbs in 6 months!!!!!!! Thats a huge calorie surplus. A absolute beginner wont gain more than a lb a week of muscle, Thats IF you diet is perfect and training on point. A intermediate half a lb a week of muscle. So in 6 months a beginner with newbie gains will get 24 lbs of muscle, that means you put on 12lbs of fat.
  • MityMax96

(A couple things to look at, would be if you go for 1 year (so 12 months).
    So for 6 months that would be about 36 lbs, for 8 months 48 lbs....I might would split the baby and go 7 months for ~42 lbs.)

36lbs in 6 months!!!!!!! Thats a huge calorie surplus. A absolute beginner wont gain more than a lb a week of muscle, Thats IF you diet is perfect and training on point. A intermediate half a lb a week of muscle. So in 6 months a beginner with newbie gains will get 24 lbs of muscle, that means you put on 12lbs of fat.

But then you cut for the next 8 months.
    So using a 170 lb person for example (I am currently 6'1 and 170) Doing that would put me at ~210 lbs
    During that time I would be getting stronger, my lifts would be going up....then I would still have stored energy (aka fat) during the 8 months I cut to help keep my lifts up.

I have a friend that did similar a couple years ago.
    42 yr old male, 6'1....he bumped to 250.....starting at 175 I believe....
    Now did he get fat? Yes he put on fat, but it did not go all to his gut.....
    he had no abs during that time of course, but he did fill out.
    Right now he sits ~185 - 190 and I would guess at 10% or less Body fat, depending on what he has coming up.
    Now he did say he would never go that big again.....so that is why I think with a starting point of 170 and ~6 month bulk, a 40 lb increase is not so bad.

And as I noted before, I am basing my recommendation on myself.
    Someone who has a hard time putting on weight, but can lose it really quickly.
    And if you look at my pics on page 1....I still have some ab definition at 15 lbs heavier than my summer weight.
    so adding on another 25 lbs wouldn't be so bad.

But hey everyone is different....just my opinion based on what I have seen with myself.
    If the person in the OP prefers to extend the bulk over 8 - 10 months, with a lower weight increase during those months, then so be it.