Are You Bikini Ready? Not in Missouri!

Options
sunshinestater
sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
You probably saw this on the news last week. This woman recently lost 100 pounds and went to a Missouri water park in a bikini, where they promptly kicked her out, saying her bottom was too revealing:

http://consumerist.com/2013/07/03/woman-claims-she-was-asked-to-leave-water-park-because-her-bikini-bottoms-were-too-small/

I've only seen front shots, but it's a heck of a lot more modest than half the stuff I see in the water parks here in Orlando. The interesting part that made me think of MFP was that she recently lost 100 pounds and wanted to show off her "new" body. I see the periodic threads here where people ask if they're ready for a bikini, but if you're in Missouri, it's pointless to ask her. It's all up to the All-Powerful Water Park Manager.

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    So you haven't seen the back yet, maybe it wasn't appropriate.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Even if it's a thong, you'd think Missouri would live up to its reputation as the Show Me State.

A thong is the worst I could imagine, and they're very common here. She says others had on the same type of swimwear, but they were younger hard bodies.
  • TyTy76
    Options
    Even if it's a thong, you'd think Missouri would live up to its reputation as the Show Me State.

A thong is the worst I could imagine, and they're very common here. She says others had on the same type of swimwear, but they were younger hard bodies.

idk
    There are three sides to every story.

Nothing for me to get to worked up about I suppose.
  • TyTy76
    Options
    I just read the story.

She called the cops?
    LOLZ
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I just saw it more as amusing, given that people ask her about whether they're bikini ready and how they look in their new swim suit. I can just see everyone here saying "Go for it!" and suddenly the poor soul is busted. I recently bought one myself, but no chance I'll get pegged as showing too much skin with it unless maybe I go to an Amish water park.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Here is one with a better view of the bottoms.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/woman-claims-missouri-water-park-kicked-her-out-for-skimpy-bikini/-/11788162/20876346/-/gwrww7/-/index.html

ETA: If they are going to ban bikinis, then ban them for all.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I really doubt she was wearing a thong, I am sure after losing 100 lbs a bikini was a stretch.. I don't think she looks that bad, I have seen much worse at water parks..
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I just read the story.

She called the cops?
    LOLZ

lol she sounds crazy. its a private establishment. if they dont like what you are wearing so be it.

my guess is she went there looking for this to happen in the hopes she can file a lawsuit.
  • TyTy76
    Options
    I really doubt she was wearing a thong, I am sure after losing 100 lbs a bikini was a stretch.. I don't think she looks that bad, I have seen much worse at water parks..

I will agree with that.

I do however think that we are not getting the full story..
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I just read the story.

She called the cops?
    LOLZ

lol she sounds crazy. its a private establishment. if they dont like what you are wearing so be it.

my guess is she went there looking for this to happen in the hopes she can file a lawsuit.

No, it's not private. It's tax-payer funded and considered a public water park.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Eeep..;. if you're going to a water park (a place usually with kids for kids) you may want to consider buying a more discrete bathing suit.

I live in Missouri, but haven't been to a water park, most people here hit the lakes or rivers. But yeah, I have seen a LOT of things that were very revealing at beaches... lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/woman-claims-missouri-water-park-kicked-her-out-for-skimpy-bikini/-/11788162/20876346/-/gwrww7/-/index.html

...They kicked her out for that? It's a standard bikini bottom for goodness sakes!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Eeep..;. if you're going to a water park (a place usually with kids for kids) you may want to consider buying a more discrete bathing suit.

I live in Missouri, but haven't been to a water park, most people here hit the lakes or rivers. But yeah, I have seen a LOT of things that were very revealing at beaches... lol

You think they should just ban bikinis then?
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I just read the story.

She called the cops?
    LOLZ

i guess she doesnt care if she gets paid by a private business or the state. :D
  • TyTy76
    Options

...They kicked her out for that? It's a standard bikini bottom for goodness sakes!

I don't think we are getting the full story.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

that doest look like she's at a water park.

there is something very strange about her story.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I just read the story.

She called the cops?
    LOLZ

i guess she doesnt care if she gets paid by a private business or the state. :D

Well if she does sue, I hope it's the management company. Independence gets sued all the time, and it's driving up my taxes. :ohwell:
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    15 Missouri resident here... "show me state"... aka seeing is believing... or Prove it... I also live in the metropolitain city where the incident was located... We aren't that closed minded... however, this was a family oriented water park... in other words, mainly for families with kiddos... there is a water park nearby that is more geared for adults to wear whatever amount of revealing that they want... She wants to show her "new body" off to a bunch of kids?? And mommies and daddies?? I don't agree that she should have been kicked out, but if there is a dress policy for the park, it should be adhered to, and use some common sense and wear appropriate clothing considering the venue!

She could have gone to Oceans of Fun instead!!!!
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    In the pictures, her bottoms look fine. It's the top that seems revealing and I still have no problem with how she is dressed. I have no idea why they would bother her, but I'm sure the lawyers will make a fortune figuring it out!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options

You think they should just ban bikinis then?

No, but I did see her walk... her bongos were flinging hard... I have big ones too.. but I could see come a problem with them coming out of her bikini top...

Maybe I am just paranoid that one of mine will fling out, but I think perhaps her top should have been more supportive.

As far as being banned... no... but some people should think more when it comes to choosing bikinis... yes, the Young girls are able to walk around with slimpy stuff like that because they aren't as big in that area, so nothing's going to pop out.