Are You Bikini Ready? Not in Missouri!

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I thought the bottoms looked fine, unless they were actually crotchless... or revealed a tattoo of the f-word or a penis or something.

The top was a little questionable. It didn't fit her bazooms quite right, and ruffles are for women who need a little extra oomph in the boob area. She has enough oomph on her own. :wink:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Here is one with a better view of the bottoms.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/woman-claims-missouri-water-park-kicked-her-out-for-skimpy-bikini/-/11788162/20876346/-/gwrww7/-/index.html

ETA: If they are going to ban bikinis, then ban them for all.

...They kicked her out for that? It's a standard bikini bottom for goodness sakes!

that doest look like she's at a water park.

there is something very strange about her story.

But it's clearly the same bottoms as in the video, check out the ties on the side. So unless she switched bottoms for the video (where she is still as the park) or has two sets of bottoms with the same ties and one is decent and the other is OMGindecent (cause OMG Butt cheeks! Not like every human on the planet has those.) it's pretty likely it's the same bikini.

The top is a little 'ehh' but since they didn't ask her to put on a shirt, but rather shorts, her top is a non-issue.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/woman-claims-missouri-water-park-kicked-her-out-for-skimpy-bikini/-/11788162/20876346/-/gwrww7/-/index.html

...They kicked her out for that? It's a standard bikini bottom for goodness sakes!

that doest look like she's at a water park.

there is something very strange about her story.

But it's clearly the same bottoms as in the video, check out the ties on the side. So unless she switched bottoms for the video (where she is still as the park) or has two sets of bottoms with the same ties and one is decent and the other is OMGindecent (cause OMG Butt cheeks! Not like every human on the planet has those.) it's pretty likely it's the same bikini.

She got interviewed outside the park at first, then later more media came to interview here. This is why you will see different backgrounds.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I was at a resort for the weekend and I LOVE bikini weather. So many shapes and sizes. Just nice to see all that skin and confidence. i think what happened to that lady is RIDICULOUS!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Eeep..;. if you're going to a water park (a place usually with kids for kids) you may want to consider buying a more discrete bathing suit.

I live in Missouri, but haven't been to a water park, most people here hit the lakes or rivers. But yeah, I have seen a LOT of things that were very revealing at beaches... lol

You think they should just ban bikinis then?

No, but I did see her walk... her bongos were flinging hard... I have big ones too.. but I could see come a problem with them coming out of her bikini top...

Maybe I am just paranoid that one of mine will fling out, but I think perhaps her top should have been more supportive.

As far as being banned... no... but some people should think more when it comes to choosing bikinis... yes, the Young girls are able to walk around with slimpy stuff like that because they aren't as big in that area, so nothing's going to pop out.

Personally, I think the rules should be the same for everyone. Since I don't wear bikinis, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to ban them at all. But I think that at a water park, people need to chill and not worry about "bongos" and such. Just deal with your own family.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    No, but I did see her walk... her bongos were flinging hard... I have big ones too.. but I could see come a problem with them coming out of her bikini top...
    That's the odd thing here. All the news stories I've seen specifically say she was banned for her bottom, not her top. Not that I'm shocked either way because the Disney water parks attract a lot of people from other countries with much more...er, liberal ideas of "appropriate swimwear," so I'm used to seeing much more skin than that. Disney is the epitome of family friendly, and I've never seen them ask anyone to cover up, but that Missouri park apparently has different family friendly standards.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    15 Missouri resident here... "show me state"... aka seeing is believing... or Prove it... I also live in the metropolitain city where the incident was located... We aren't that closed minded... however, this was a family oriented water park... in other words, mainly for families with kiddos... there is a water park nearby that is more geared for adults to wear whatever amount of revealing that they want... She wants to show her "new body" off to a bunch of kids?? And mommies and daddies?? I don't agree that she should have been kicked out, but if there is a dress policy for the park, it should be adhered to, and use some common sense and wear appropriate clothing considering the venue!

She could have gone to Oceans of Fun instead!!!!

No kidding. I went to Adventure Oasis once, and it was the worst. For example, they will not let you walk in the lazy river. You have to sit on a floatie. Ocean's of Fun is the best, imo.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    That's the odd thing here. All the news stories I've seen specifically say she was banned for her bottom, not her top. Not that I'm shocked either way because the Disney water parks attract a lot of people from other countries with much more...er, liberal ideas of "appropriate swimwear," so I'm used to seeing much more skin than that. Disney is the epitome of family friendly, and I've never seen them ask anyone to cover up, but that Missouri park apparently has different family friendly standards.

Missouri is not Disney, you need to get that out of your head.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I don't think we are getting the full story.

I think the full story is an employee power tripped on the wrong woman.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I think she is a very busty woman, so a bikini on her is going to look more revealing than a bikini on a woman with a smaller chest. I don't think it looks offensive at all though, I wouldn't be covering my kids eyes as she walked by, she has just as much covered as everyone else. I know if the same thing happened to me,I would have been mortified, I wouldn't have called the police, because heck-I wouldn't want to be embarrassed further! But I surely would never go back.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

and even if it is Disney, BIKINIS ARE FAMILY APPROPRIATE AT WATER PARKS AND BEACHES. We are talking about bathing suits here. And hers clearly isn't one of those "show as much as possible" types of bathing suits.

My goodness, what a prudish nation we can be.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    It's the family friendly thing that makes me equate the two. Disney will make you turn a t-shirt inside out or change it completely for things they deem questionable even when Universal, right down the street, will just wave you in. That's why their liberal water park attitude surprises me.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I have been to most of the water parks in Missouri at one point or another (lived here all my life), and I have *never* heard of anyone getting kicked out or asked to cover up their swimsuit. The fact is, the company that the city contracted to manage the park is clueless on managing water parks. They have a lot to learn from companies like Cedar Fair (and Disney).
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

and even if it is Disney, BIKINIS ARE FAMILY APPROPRIATE AT WATER PARKS AND BEACHES. We are talking about bathing suits here. And hers clearly isn't one of those "show as much as possible" types of bathing suits.

My goodness, what a prudish nation we can be.

You apparently missed where I said that she looks good.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Eeep..;. if you're going to a water park (a place usually with kids for kids) you may want to consider buying a more discrete bathing suit.

I live in Missouri, but haven't been to a water park, most people here hit the lakes or rivers. But yeah, I have seen a LOT of things that were very revealing at beaches... lol

You think they should just ban bikinis then?

Maybe I am just paranoid that one of mine will fling out, but I think perhaps her top should have been more supportive.

As far as being banned... no... but some people should think more when it comes to choosing bikinis... yes, the Young girls are able to walk around with slimpy stuff like that because they aren't as big in that area, so nothing's going to pop out.

Personally, I think the rules should be the same for everyone. Since I don't wear bikinis, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to ban them at all. But I think that at a water park, people need to chill and not worry about "bongos" and such. Just deal with your own family.

Totally agree. As long as they aren't in the streak, I wouldn't care. And even if they were... it's not my body, I don't have to look at it, lol
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    I live in Missouri. It's a redneck state in 90% of all cities and towns. So flashy "too-short" isn't Missouri.
    I hate this state.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I have been to most of the water parks in Missouri at one point or another (lived here all my life), and I have *never* heard of anyone getting kicked out or asked to cover up their swimsuit. The fact is, the company that the city contracted to manage the park is clueless on managing water parks. They have a lot to learn from companies like Cedar Fair (and Disney).
    I wonder if it's the same management company that recently fired a lifeguard at the beach over here for leaving his post to assist with a (rescued) drowning victim. There were others to cover the area, but he still got fired for using his own judgment and leaving his spot. Lifeguard got tons of job offers, management company got fired. If it was indeed an employee on a power trip at that water park, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same result.

I think part of the reason the parks here can't be prudes is that they're so dependent on international tourism, and most of those visitors are much more comfortable with the idea of showing skin than us Americans.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It does sound like the manager was a bit OTT but I wouldn't wear that bikini top if I had that much boob at a family park. Even when doing something as natural as nursing my little one in public I tried my best not to show everyone my breast
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It does sound like the manager was a bit OTT but I wouldn't wear that bikini top if I had that much boob at a family park. Even when doing something as natural as nursing my little one in public I tried my best not to show everyone my breast
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Let's keep it real. She's 42, lost 100 lbs and has a nice body to go with it. It was the HATERS!! Other moms who was hating and their husbands was looking to hard and they complained. The top could been a little bigger (just in case of a malfunction).
    Other than that she looks good

th?id=H.5040828061648130&pid=1.7&w=162&h=174&c=7&rs=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nickcannonarchives.com%2f2010%2f03%2f05%2frydaznrtist-the-stop-hating-campaign%2f