password on phone

Options
MsAmandaNJ
MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
Do you feel the need to password protect your phone?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Yes. Otherwise my wife might find out about my gf.

JK!!

But yes. For security reasons. Even though my banking app has additional safeguards to protect my account IF someone were to find my phone, I just would never want anyone to be able to mess with my shiit, if they found it. I advised my son and gf to do the same, for those reasons.

Haha, exactly ;-)

So it's not in case family/friends might see something you'd rather not have access to, but in case a stranger gets hold of it? Do you have a habit of losing things like your phone?
  • kaaaaaat3
    kaaaaaat3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do! Mainly to stop my little brothers from seeing things I'd rather they didn't, but also in case it falls into a stranger's hands. Definitely not to stop my SO from going on it though - he knows the code for practicality reasons (so he can use it if his isn't to hand etc) and I have nothing to hide from him!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    kaaaaaat3 wrote: »
    I do! Mainly to stop my little brothers from seeing things I'd rather they didn't, but also in case it falls into a stranger's hands. Definitely not to stop my SO from going on it though - he knows the code for practicality reasons (so he can use it if his isn't to hand etc) and I have nothing to hide from him!
    It seems like everyone I know, other than myself and my husband, has a password on their phone, but give the code out for others to use it - that's what baffles me. Kids do love to use someone's phone! But if it's mainly there because of stranger paranoia, I get it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    My son gets into my phone and buys stuff on amazon and downloads games so I lock my phone to keep him out. My husband and I both know the password
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    My son gets into my phone and buys stuff on amazon and downloads games so I lock my phone to keep him out. My husband and I both know the password
    That is terrifying! No kids of my own, but I let my brother's kids play on mine, we have an understanding that they don't buy anything. Not sure if they comprehend how much trust they're given, but they respect the rules (seems like the only rule they're cool with, maybe because they know they won't get to play again).
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I don't
    I've enough passwords to remember don't need another
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I don't
    I'd end up using my ATM pin. It seems like a pain to enter it every single time you use the phone.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    Everybody should secure their phones. No excuses.
    Why is that?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I don't
    I'd end up using my ATM pin. It seems like a pain to enter it every single time you use the phone.

Yes. Too much work. I've nothing of importance on my phone anyway
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I don't

Some phones have a finger print scanner that you can use instead of a pin. This is quicker (unless you have booger residue on your finger)
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    Only because of some of the kik messages I receive from women on here
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    rippin2U wrote: »
    Only because of some of the kik messages I receive from women on here
    That seems like a good enough reason.
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't want the phone to get stolen, then find out there is a$1000.00 worth of overseas calls made on it. Plus I have the iPhone with the fingerprint. Works great.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I have to draw a picture to unlock my phone. But it's automatically not locked at home or in my car.

If I lost my phone in public and the wrong person found it, that could be MUCH worse than losing my wallet. I had a phone fall out of my pocket on a run so it's entirely possible.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    @mangamadayan @robdowns1300 I guess I'm not paranoid enough. I always know where my phone is, I'm shocked at how careless others are with theirs and freak out when they can't find it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have a password on my Mac and my phone for two reasons
    -I don't want people seeing my shame
    -in the case of my phone, the screen is too dang big. I've accidentally called people too many times
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I have a password on my Mac and my phone for two reasons
    -I don't want people seeing my shame
    -in the case of my phone, the screen is too dang big. I've accidentally called people too many times
    Yeah, I'd say a password is good for you ;-)