password on phone

Options

Replies

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Yup. Banking information.
    Client phone numbers, addresses, codes. No one but me needs those.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I have mine set up to where it's locked when I'm not at home and it is easily (swipe to open) accessible when I am at home. I have nothing to hide from my husband, if that was the inference, but if it were to be stolen, I don't want my nudez disseminated .
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I keep mine protected. My phone is like a computer and has plenty of sensitive information on it.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I don't bank or keep any cc information on my phone. I also regularly back up and clean out my phone. But I still have a password. I just don't like people or kids going through/touching it. Not because I have anything to hide. It just irritates me.

The only person that has access to my phone is my mum. If I had a SO they'd have access to it too.

I didn't used to have a pw on my cell when I was younger. Someone stole it and my indecent photos were sent to all my contacts. I guess I'm paranoid now because of that.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    I have mine set up to where it's locked when I'm not at home and it is easily (swipe to open) accessible when I am at home. I have nothing to hide from my husband, if that was the inference, but if it were to be stolen, I don't want my nudez disseminated .

the idea that when you get married you lose all right to privacy is so foreign to me

Who said anything about "losing" a right? If I needed to be private about something that I didn't want my husband privy to, it sure as *kitten* wouldn't be something on my phone; that just screams all sorts of suspect to me.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

the idea that when you get married you lose all right to privacy is so foreign to me

Who said anything about "losing" a right? If I needed to be private about something that I didn't want my husband privy to, it sure as *kitten* wouldn't be something on my phone; that just screams all sorts of suspect to me.

Yup, nope, still can't think of anything I'd need to be private about with him...

• 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Google owns my soul -.- if someone happens to break into my phone they'll get everything
    There should seriously be a thread on people sharing their Google history! :D:D:D
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Not only should you have a security lock on your phone, you should encrypt it. Your phone more than likely knows more about your own life than you do - choosing not to protect that information is foolhardy at best.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Everybody should secure their phones. No excuses.
    Why is that?
    Here is a scary scenario. Somebody takes a nude picture and posts it online and it is there forever. Worse, it may cost your job and future jobs.

I don't have nude pictures on my phone and have never lost a phone so am not scared by that scenario.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Not only should you have a security lock on your phone, you should encrypt it. Your phone more than likely knows more about your own life than you do - choosing not to protect that information is foolhardy at best.

aren't iphones and newer android phones encrypted by default?

Sadly no, not yet. By default they come with the option to encrypt them, but you still have to activate it and set it up. Right now the FBI is pushing hard to ban encryption on phones, too. This is a pivotal point in our history for the right to privacy.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Yes. My husband and I trade a lot of "progress" pics.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options

aren't iphones and newer android phones encrypted by default?

Sadly no, not yet. By default they come with the option to encrypt them, but you still have to activate it and set it up. Right now the FBI is pushing hard to ban encryption on phones, too. This is a pivotal point in our history for the right to privacy.

so you and me, simpatico

completely agree about right to privacy

but I'm pretty sure they are encrypted by default. The government wants to ban default encyption though. I'm going to check EFF's site to see if I'm proven wrong

There are probably some manufacturers encrypting their phones by default now, which is excellent and should totally be the case. I know that the last couple phones I've had though, I've had to enable encryption. Also I've never owned an iPhone, so I don't have a lot of room to speak about those.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yup, nope, still can't think of anything I'd need to be private about with him...

my email is on my phone and i've had several conversations with my therapist that are for my eyes only

but you know there were no cell phones when i was growing up and i still remember my moms freaking out at me if i tried to go inside her purse

no one was allowed in there

I don't have kids or a therapist....or work for the CIA, so I don't have anything to hide from him...yet. So, don't misconstrue that as if marriage itself is the reason. As if that binding makes you some submissive rodent. I'd talk to your therapist about that, as well... ;)
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Do you feel the need to password protect your phone?

My company phone is encrypted so I have a fingprint and then a password and finally a pin.

My personal phone, yes. If I leave it somewhere I don't want some jackwagon posting fake food tracking on MFP.