170 down with a bit more to go.

Options
I had originally decided not to post any pics here, but I took a couple of pictures yesterday, and even though I know I am much lighter, I was still surprised by what I saw. No Spanx required! I'm sure as hell not posting any underwear/bikini pics, though. I do have excess skin, and maybe a year or so from now, I may seriously consider whether or not to pursue surgery. Maybe not. It's there, and I'm not a fan (upper arms, upper thighs, sides, apron - some with fat supporting it, some that is just pure skin), but after looking through some plastic surgery before & afters, I have realized I've been very lucky and feel much better about it.

The first shots were taken when I was 380-400 pounds and wearing a size 32 dress. Regardless of size, I love my hair in that last shot. : ) The second photos were taken yesterday. I'm 219 pounds now and still classified as obese. Wearing a women's US size 14 shorts and an XL misses' top.

Normal BMI for me starts at 174, but my goal weight for the moment is just to get to 199. My deficit is set for 2 lbs/week. I plan to get to 199 and then change my deficit to 1 lb or 1/2 lb. We'll see where that takes me. At this point, ignoring BMI completely, I've already surpassed my original final weight goal of 225. I want whatever I achieve to be maintainable for me. Losing the weight is an achievement, but long term maintenance is what I consider to be a true success. c6ynh2bwjq4m.png
bt23g65mmusr.png

Replies

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing progress.
  • Dustinado
    Dustinado Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great work. You look great!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Great work… congrats.
  • Ratfinks
    Ratfinks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What a difference! You look amazing! How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I started at about the same weight.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Ratfinks wrote: »
    Wow!!! What a difference! You look amazing! How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I started at about the same weight.

I'm 5'10". And thank you!
  • always_serenity2016
    always_serenity2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! nicely done you look fantastic!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You're right, your hair in the last before pick is gorgeous. Congratulations on your transformation. You should be very proud of yourself for working so hard to improve your health.
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Look look amazing!!! I have a dear friend that is starting where you started and I amt wait to share your story with her to show her what is possible.

For the loose skin...try weightlifting when you're ready. It really helps sort of 'fill in' the skin in some areas.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work!!
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congrats on your success!
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Tanukiko wrote: »
    Look look amazing!!! I have a dear friend that is starting where you started and I amt wait to share your story with her to show her what is possible.

For the loose skin...try weightlifting when you're ready. It really helps sort of 'fill in' the skin in some areas.

I lift weights 2x per week and did a sprinkling of bodyweight/pilates/yoga before that. I think I am unhappiest about my bat wings. I'm hoping building up my triceps will help with that a bit.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing! Congrats on your journey and progress!!
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    looking spectacular! really awesome progress!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Fantastic!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, you just became my hero. Thank you so much for posting your before and current photos. You look amazing, and I just know you can accomplish what you set your mind to do. I think its positively interesting that you set your goal weight to 200. It's good to take a breather and figure out what to do next. Good on you. Im going to throw you a FR if you are interested in being a role model, lol :)
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW! Like omg! You look so AMAZING! U just blew me away you look so beautiful!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    What did u do to lose all the weight? Just curious because it has taken me six months just to lose freakin' ten pounds. I cannot workout intensely. How long did it take u to lose your weight?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!