Why am i still so hungry?!

Options
Im starving guys.
And not on purpose!
Ive been eating 1350 cals a day with little to no exersize.
Yes ive lost some but god! Its so hard to not eat whats convenient. i.e. fast food.
I got in the line at burgerking fully set on a whopper. I got back out of the drivethru and left without ordering but seriously my mind was racing the entire time.
"You know you are about to cheat and you cant have this."
"But man i want it so badddd!"
"You wanna be fat forever?!"
"No but i can always try to do better tomorrow"
And it went on like this for a good ten min.
I stayed strong but only barely.
Im eating every three hours so i dont crash so why am i so hungry i could eat an entire horse?!
Sincerely,
Horsehunter.

Replies

• luciroo
    luciroo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What is your current weight/height? Did you set to lose 2 lbs/week? You could possibly eat more calories and still lose just more slowly. I think so many people set their calories too low to be sustainable then give up on losing weight because they are starving...better to lose more slowly and keep losing.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with having a Whopper every now and then. Or even a Whopper Jr, which is smaller and about half the calories. I even order it without mayo to save even more.

As for feeling hungry, how large is your deficit, how much do you have to lose, and are you eating your exercise calories back?

^^ All of that. Also, play around with what you eat for your calories. A soft boiled egg and toast leaves me feeling full longer than the equivalent calories in cereal and milk. Your mileage my vary.
  • allysacatherinemcallister
    Options
    H- 5ft7
    SW- 214 on may 9th
    CW- 207 this morning
    GW- 150
    Set at 1350cals for a loss of 1.5lbs a wk
    How do i know my 'deficit'?
    Sorry, newbie.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with having a Whopper every now and then. Or even a Whopper Jr, which is smaller and about half the calories. I even order it without mayo to save even more.

As for feeling hungry, how large is your deficit, how much do you have to lose, and are you eating your exercise calories back?
    This. Eat what you like, just work it into your calories. No need to beat yourself up for fueling your body. Food is food... there is no such thing as bad food, just bad relationships with food.

It it fits, eat it. No shame. No guilt.
    luciroo wrote: »
    What is your current weight/height? Did you set to lose 2 lbs/week? You could possibly eat more calories and still lose just more slowly. I think so many people set their calories too low to be sustainable then give up on losing weight because they are starving...better to lose more slowly and keep losing.
    This too. If you have over 50lbs to lose, then choosing 2lb per week is appropriate. If you have less to lose, then lose less per week.
    Edit... I missed where you mentioned setting a 1.5lb loss per week. Sorry! Some like to exercise and eat back a portion of those earned exercise calories if they feel hungry and still keep the 750cal deficit... or just change your goal to lose 1lb per week (500 cal deficit).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    H- 5ft7
    SW- 214 on may 9th
    CW- 207 this morning
    GW- 150
    Sorry, newbie.

Your deficit is 750 calories (250 calories for each half pound you choose to lose per week). You can lower it to a pound a week (500 calories) and eat 1600 a day, with the tradeoff of losing a bit slower.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Being hungry and craving a Whopper aren't the same thing. Are you positive about which one you're experiencing?
    Options
    Well my stomach wasnt physically growling, but i was lightheaded in the drivethru
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You know your deficit by remembering what you set as your weight loss/week target. If you say "2 lb", mfp calculates that you need to eat 1000 fewer calories per day than your TDEE, and that target is your daily calorie budget shown on your food diary. Since you just started and most people who really mean it this time start with 2lb, you probably started with 2lb and it was too ambitious. Another possibility is that you have a calorie goal from mfp and you're trying to stay way below that. If you are eating close to but below your mfp goal and if your mfp goal is to lose 1 lb per week, it is just possible that you are not eating enough vegetables, protein, and fat. It is very easy to fill up a reasonable calorie budget with fast food carbs. Look into all those possibilities, and it's easier to get good help here if you open your diary to public and accurately log everything.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    H- 5ft7
    SW- 214 on may 9th
    CW- 207 this morning
    GW- 150
    Sorry, newbie.

Are you completely sedentary? I'm 5'5" 185ish pounds and losing on 1527 calories a day. I'm moderately active, and almost never exercise.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Try spacing out your meals like 5 meals of 200-250 calorie portions and make sure to mix in protein and healthy fats to help keep you satiated.. Like apple slices and almond butter, broccoli and a little ranch, grapes and a string cheese, grilled chicken slices with a handful of nuts, etc... does this make sense?
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    H- 5ft7
    SW- 214 on may 9th
    CW- 207 this morning
    GW- 150
    Sorry, newbie.

MFP will figure out a deficit for you, based on the info you give it. Basically, it will take your height, weight, and the activity level you give it and figure out how many calories you need to stay the same weight, and then it will subtract calories from that number based on how much you want to lose. A pound a week is about a 3,500 deficit per week, or a 500 calorie deficit per day.

If you have no medical conditions that change things, and you're measuring correctly then you will lose weight based purely on Calories In versus Calories Out (CICO).

If your food choices leave you super hungry, pick different foods or up your calories. Losing at a slow, sustainable rate is better than making yourself miserable and giving up. Believe me, I've done it before.

Now, for the next level of MFP Acronyms:

People will also talk about Macros. Macros mean Macronutrients. The three macronutrients are Fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates. You need all of them for different reasons, and after a while you'll read a billion arguments detailing the minutia of diet. For right now I only mention them because of how they affect hunger.

Some people feel fuller on high fat and protein and low carb, some people feel full with tons of carbs, especially vegetables. After you get a deficit that you can maintain without being miserable, play around with food choices. See if a giant veggie plate keeps you full, or a steak and ice cream is your thing.
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    H- 5ft7
    SW- 214 on may 9th
    CW- 207 this morning
    GW- 150
    Sorry, newbie.

Are you completely sedentary? I'm 5'5" 185ish pounds and losing on 1527 calories a day. I'm moderately active, and almost never exercise.

Sedentary and never work out besides sex. Lol
    Options
    H- 5ft7
    SW- 214 on may 9th
    CW- 207 this morning
    GW- 150
    Sorry, newbie.

MFP will figure out a deficit for you, based on the info you give it. Basically, it will take your height, weight, and the activity level you give it and figure out how many calories you need to stay the same weight, and then it will subtract calories from that number based on how much you want to lose. A pound a week is about a 3,500 deficit per week, or a 500 calorie deficit per day.

If you have no medical conditions that change things, and you're measuring correctly then you will lose weight based purely on Calories In versus Calories Out (CICO).

If your food choices leave you super hungry, pick different foods or up your calories. Losing at a slow, sustainable rate is better than making yourself miserable and giving up. Believe me, I've done it before.

Now, for the next level of MFP Acronyms:

People will also talk about Macros. Macros mean Macronutrients. The three macronutrients are Fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates. You need all of them for different reasons, and after a while you'll read a billion arguments detailing the minutia of diet. For right now I only mention them because of how they affect hunger.

Some people feel fuller on high fat and protein and low carb, some people feel full with tons of carbs, especially vegetables. After you get a deficit that you can maintain without being miserable, play around with food choices. See if a giant veggie plate keeps you full, or a steak and ice cream is your thing.

In The mornings i eat high protein and im barely hungry at lunch. But before dinner im starving!
    Options
    I opened my diary to public yall
  • kareeRose
    kareeRose Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You've lost 7lbs in 10 days. Looks like somethings off in the calculations.
    Options
    kareeRose wrote: »

I thought so too but then assumed it was just water weight
  • luciroo
    luciroo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try this calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I think it gives a more reasonable calorie goal - I used their recommendation instead of the one here and I have lost weight.
  • kareeRose
    kareeRose Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    kareeRose wrote: »

I thought so too but then assumed it was just water weight

I guess it goes back to make sure you are weighing all of your food to be sure your eating all of the calories you think you are.
    Options
    luciroo wrote: »
    Try this calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I think it gives a more reasonable calorie goal - I used their recommendation instead of the one here and I have lost weight.

It says 1650cals a day??