What was your worst binge?

Options
Something that many of us, myself included, do or have in the past struggled with is binge eating. For whatever reason (stress, boredom, etc) we can be driven to consume embarassing amounts of food in a day/sitting. If you have never experienced this, AWESOME. But if you have, I'm curious what it was, how you felt, and what you did to move past it.

I find I will have days (not so much lately, hopefully not any time soon) where I just eat, and eat, and eat. Wake up. Eat cereal. Well that was good. YOu know what would make it better? Toast. So I have some toast. Then I have some coffee, and while I am in the kitchen pouring a second cup my kid asks for a cookie, so I have a couple too as long as i have the pack out. Then a banana. Hey at least it is fruit. Wow look it is lunchtime. So I have a sandwich. And some chips...for the crunch. Well that was hardly a meal. Look in the cupboard. Ramen? That sounds good. Have some ramen. And more chips. I like crunchy things. And now I start to feel bad about all the eating. I feel terrible, and disgusted, and very uncomfortably full and sluggish. i really want to go puke, but I dont. I tell myself I will just have a light supper and it will even out. But by the time supper comes I am hungry again and I end up "test tasting" several times while I cook and then I sit down and have probably too big of a portion, plus whatever my kid leaves on her plate when she is done.

And THIS IS WHY I AM SO DARN FAT!!! But I AM making changes and I AM seeing results. The way of thinking described above is awful. So are the food choices and the lack of motivation. But that is why I am so determined to change now before it is too late.

Replies

• LizAnn925
    LizAnn925 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think Saturday was my worst one in a long time! Haha I decided to make it my "cheat day" and I decided to never have a cheat day ever again after that. I had pancakes with syrup, then I had a bean burrito at Chipolte, then I had neopolitan ice cream, then I had cheetoes and nutterbutters. It probably doesn't sound that bad, but I easily consumed 3000 calories that day haha
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It probably doesn't sound that bad, but I easily consumed 3000 calories that day haha

I told my husband that before I started really paying attention to my calories, I probably easily consumed 3000 to 4000 per day regularly.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    uhh the last really bad one i had was 8-10 of those drumstick ice cream cones on top of everything else i'd eaten all day
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    In comparison mine doesn't sound terrible as it's just one thing but it was pretty common for me "back in the day" to order a large dominos pizza for myself for lunch. I would eat it in bed watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    Who wants some of this?

Haha. That was many years ago now, my binge eating got a lot better after I moved out of home and lived alone as I learnt to cook properly and started a long battle with trying to lose weight. Once I started actually doing something about it, binging was not longer a problem for me.
  • ninjakitty419
    Options
    uhh the last really bad one i had was 8-10 of those drumstick ice cream cones on top of everything else i'd eaten all day

There was something, cant remember what, when I was pregnant that I ate entire box of...might have been nutrigrain bars or pop tarts...I cant remember.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    It was my first binge...
    -5 ounces of pork
    -5 tbsp of peanut butter
    -2 baby back ribs
    -3 peeps
    -5 mini packs of M&M's
    -4 mini packs of Skittles
    -1 Chocolate covered marshmallow egg
    -5 very large handfuls of Lay's potato chips
    -1 Monster energy drink

This took place at the very end of my day, so keep in mind this was in addition to 3 meals and a few snacks :/
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I used to binge on 3000-4000 calories in a single sitting (as in, 8pm-11pm), and this was on top of my attempt to eat "normally" during the day.

It would generally consist of:

2-3 chimichangas
    Hash browns with lots of oil
    2-3 tortillas with cheddar cheese melted on top
    Half a dozen oreo cookies or some variation of cookie
    10-20 frozen chicken nuggets
    Two cups or so of ice cream
    Crackers and hummus

Generally, I would go sweet-savory-sweet-savory and repeat. That pattern now alerts me to the start of a binge, and now that I'm aware of it, I can nip it in the bud. I was a binge eater only - I did not restrict or purge, but I had difficulty eating in front of others and could not tolerate others commenting on my foods, even if it was as neutral as "That looks good."
  • ninjakitty419
    Options
    I had difficulty eating in front of others and could not tolerate others commenting on my foods, even if it was as neutral as "That looks good."

I TOTALLY get this. If someone ever says "You were hungry, huh? or "What are you eating?" even in the most innocent way, I almost start crying.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I bought a pound of Salt Pork, deep fried it, then I ate the whole thing. It was absolutely delicious. Salty Bacon. Mmmmmm
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I lose weight at a good pace @ 3,000 calories a day...

In March towards I ate 28 pieces of pizza and 2 cinnamon rolls for lunch, that was around 5k...just for lunch.

tumblr_lvwy46vAyK1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My worst habit of all is when I take the cracker tubes and jar of Jif creamy peanut butter to my room and snack on it while I work on my computer. In my mind I'm thinking I hardly ate anything all day, just some crackers and peanut butter. But when you add up all the calories, I shudder to think how many it was!
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options

In March towards I ate 28 pieces of pizza and 2 cinnamon rolls for lunch, that was around 5k...just for lunch.

Sounds like a CiCi's Pizza day LOL... I remember having fun contests with my boys to count how many we would have all for 5 bucks. Good thing we only did it like once or twice a year, fun but still not good.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Mine was at Pizza Hut last year, lord knows how many calories it was (I wasn't tracking then) but now knowing that ONE slice has 300 I shudder at the thought of how many it must have been. Chicken wings, bread stics with cheese, for sure 3 slices of pizza.... easy 3000
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options

There was something, cant remember what, when I was pregnant that I ate entire box of...might have been nutrigrain bars or pop tarts...I cant remember.

Yep i had such bad heart burn while i was preggo i couldnt eat much but all i did eat was junk food when i could....

My problem is i get a craving for something and dont know when to quit and then i end up giving up for the day cause i realize how bad i failed so i just keep eating.. definitely not a good way to view things
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Mine was on holiday in Vegas. Over 8000 cals in ****ty food and beer (I'm English were good at drinking a lot) didn't eat the next day felt so crapppy........
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My worst was an entire box of honey nut Cheerios :noway:
    To this day I won't go down the cereal isle at the store not that I can't control myself because obviously I can't, but I have food allergies and am not suppose to have cereal anyway.
    0093 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are there ever any good binges? Emotional eating has always been and continues to be an issue for me. I now have a lapband but you can cheat the band with slider foods. Any food that melts in your mouth goes right past the band. It is sadly still possible to binge. That sucks. Anyway, I am getting better but still have my days but yesterday was not a good day.

3 regular meals
    1 waffle cone with 2 large scoops PB & honey ice cream and 1 scoop madagascar vanilla
    1 large Lindor milk chocolate bar
    1 large Lindor white chocolate bar
    1 large chocolate/vanilla twist soft serve ice cream cone
    1 Glucerna shake (because I didn't have any chocolate milk in the house)

Sadly I can binge with the best of them but this really should not be a competition. I don't want to win this one. :(
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Sounds like a CiCi's Pizza day LOL... I remember having fun contests with my boys to count how many we would have all for 5 bucks. Good thing we only did it like once or twice a year, fun but still not good.

It was CIci's lol
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not proud, but just ate my body weight in marshmallow fluff.
  • ninjakitty419
    Options
    Not proud, but just ate my body weight in marshmallow fluff.

Oh man!! hahahaha