Eating just to use up calories

Options
I am sat eating a packet of crisp just to use up calories, how can this be good?
I choose crisp thinking it would use a lot up but not as much as I need to get rid of. Any ideas people?
I'm not hungry but I'm obviously not using up enough calories .

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Save them for another day when you've got something nice to eat?

That or, peanut butter.
  • sonyadilworth
    sonyadilworth Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would eat something nutritious rather than crisps maybe some fruit or nuts or Greek yoghurt. I'm struggling with low appetite at the moment so I do feel your pain
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You could always use them up another day. Try thinking of your allowance in weekly buckets instead.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Depression can often reduce appetite. As long as you are eating 1200 calories and gettimg adequate nutrition, you shouldn't feel like you have to eat all the calories.
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would eat something nutritious rather than crisps maybe some fruit or nuts or Greek yoghurt. I'm struggling with low appetite at the moment so I do feel your pain

I did eat fruit after my tea & had two yogurts before I went onto the crisps
  • TavistockToad
    Options

What's your daily goal and how much had you eaten pre crisps?
  • lisawilkes20
    Options
    dlkfox wrote: »
    Depression can often reduce appetite. As long as you are eating 1200 calories and gettimg adequate nutrition, you shouldn't feel like you have to eat all the calories.

These calories are within my 1200 not additional ones, I'm really not used to calorie counting, so I'm having meals thinking they sound ok, then get to night time after diary is done from 3 meals a day & find out I have loads left
  • TavistockToad
    Options

These calories are within my 1200 not additional ones, I'm really not used to calorie counting, so I'm having meals thinking they sound ok, then get to night time after diary is done from 3 meals a day & find out I have loads left

Pre log
  • lisawilkes20
    Options

What's your daily goal and how much had you eaten pre crisps?

Daily goal is 1200, I had chicken veg and fruit us two yogurts
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
  • lisawilkes20
    Options

Pre log

Before dieting/ healthy eating, is that what you mean?
    Well before that I did'nt eat properly, had breakfast, porridge or branflakes then nothing at dinner time or other way around, until tea time when I had a proper cooked meal
  • lisawilkes20
    Options
    So now I'm having to eat more food & think I am, know I am more than I did, but it's not enough calorifc value
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    When people tell you to pre-log they mean to log all your meals before you eat them and then you'll know where you stand calorie wise. If you see that what you are planning for the day isn't enough then you can add some calories dense foods to your planned meals.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. There is nothing wrong with eating breakfast and skipping lunch and then eating your main meal in the evening. I don't like to slip meals because I tend to overeat at the next meal if I do, but my mom never eats breakfast and usually eats dinner around 8 in the evening and she is very slender. Eat at whatever times work best for your schedule.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Pre log

Well before that I did'nt eat properly, had breakfast, porridge or branflakes then nothing at dinner time or other way around, until tea time when I had a proper cooked meal

No, I mean pre log on a morning what you plan to eat for the day.

To be honest though, surely you know that chicken, veg and a bit of fruit isn't enough food in a day?
  • lisawilkes20
    Options

Pre log

No, I mean pre log on a morning what you plan to eat for the day.

To be honest though, surely you know that chicken, veg and a bit of fruit isn't enough food in a day?

Ah right maybe I should start doing that.
    Chicken & veg was my last meal of 3 during the day, although where I think I went wrong today was eating what I thought was a big bowl of mixed fruit for lunch & did'nt really eat much else till I had dinner/tea
    Thankyou for all your replies
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely prelog your day. Filling out my diary is the very first thing i do when i turn on my computer in the morning. If I'm over or under, I can tweak things until they're just right :smiley:
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I keep peanut butter granola bars -I make with dates,peanut butter and honey as the base, Folded in with oats cinnamon and slivered almonds. I often go below my calories, So then i know i can just grab a nice healthy fat calorie bar XD Keep them in my freezer at all times
  • critterbug15
    critterbug15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter.

I don't eat to fill my calorie goal unless my protein is too low for the day or if I'm not hungry because I feel like crap, which usually means that I've eaten too little for too long.