Meals & snacks

I'm new to the whole healthy food situation. I'm trying to lose weight. Wanted to know favorites in regards to dinners and things you eat during the day. I'm also kinda a binge eater so this is a big transition. So non high calorie snacks would be nice.

Replies

• nicoleash126
    nicoleash126 Posts: 22 Member
    I love stir frys for dinner. Any meats and bunch of veggies! Always good.

My favorite breakfast is a fresh smoothie- 1 banana couple strawberries and lowest yogurt w ice. Very filling.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Breakfast is usually eggs. Lunch, a whole can (I think it's 5 oz) of tuna in water, drained and mixed with 2 tsp mayo, 1 T sugar free relish, and 1 T dried minced onions. Dinner is some form of lean protein (chicken, lean beef, tilapia, turkey etc) with veggies. I snack throughout the day depending on if I'm hungry and what's available. I just had some leftover shirataki noodles with pasta sauce and a link of turkey Italian sausage. I also like protein powder mixed into Greek yogurt. Sometimes I snack on fruit. Also, a good snack, cottage cheese mixed with fruit or veggies. It's really good with pineapple or peaches, or you could use tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Hope this gives you some ideas
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I eat normal food, no snacks, but four meals a day. I have had a difficult "relationship" with food for many years - a bit better now and then, but I always felt I wasn't eating well enough. It culminated as I postponed eating as long as I could and then overate all the wrong foods (not wrong per se, but dosage and combination and lack of nutition made the whole thing all wrong) and continued grazing for the rest of the day (also on predominantly low nutrient high calorie foods). All this has changed since I joined MFP. Getting in a nice structure and eating food I like that is still healthy, has made it so much easier to maintain my weight.

I started some kind of visual food diary, maybe it will interest you.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Some of my go-to snacks are: string cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter, fruit

My go-to breakfast is almost always Greek yogurt and coffee. But some of my other regular breakfasts have been: mini-frittatas (or egg muffins), overnight oatmeal, breakfast burritos, bagel thins with whipped cream cheese and lox, scrambled eggs on toast, avocado on toast, scrambled eggs & veggies, pancakes (I eat mine with yogurt instead of syrup to save calories)

My lunch is a sandwich (turkey & cheese, pastrami & horseradish, tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, chicken & hummus, etc) with baby carrots, string cheese, and an ounce of nuts.

Dinner is meat and as many veggies as I can pack in. Roasted sweet potatoes with shredded meat, salsa, and beans. Stir fry. Chili. A lot of soups. Tacos. Last week I premade meatloaf to warm up on busy evenings. Tonight I had extra calories to use so I made ravioli in homemade sauce.

And I keep 200+ calories aside to use for evening snacks. But you should play around and see what kind of calorie distribution is better for you.