My Weightloss Makes People Angry...& That Makes me Happy! :-D

Options
12346»

Replies

• makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I hear you i get this in the forums all the time when i ask for guidance. Im 146lb now 175cm tall and i want to drop another 21lbs. As if they were doctors they say to stop before i end up in the hospital or something similar. If atheletes can get there at my height i dont see why i can't. Its not like i intend 126lbs to be my weight with proper hydration and food in my system. I intend to be 135lbs with food and water in my system. People just dont get the idea that im trying to build a body that can gain weight to 135lbs before a 100k road race and come out of the hills at 129lbs and finish the race sprinting at 127lbs... smh i hate when people talk as if they are doctors.
  • akamomto4
    akamomto4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    andiegolf wrote: »
    Maybe they are not angry, maybe they are worried about your health. Losing weight can get addictive and lead some people to not realize they are losing too much.
    Maybe you should try and understand why they are saying that. Ask them... ?
    My husband lost too much weight, everyone thinks he is sick but no one dares say anything. He looks ten years older and has become very unattractive to me. He gets very angry at me when I say anything. Which makes me think he is addicted to losing weight, having this control over his body. He also thinks people are just jealous of him but we are just worried.
    Hope you find a solution, that leads you to a more peaceful set of mind.

Wow I could have wrote this! My husband lost a ton of weight without trying, everyone was truly worried but no one except me would say anything! He looked terrible and it aged him at least 10 years. People that hadn't seen him for awhile would ask him if he was ok and he wouldnt think anything of it. He has finally gained back 30lbs and looks great and NOW everyone tells him how ill he looked before and how he now looks so much better with his weight gain!
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I get the same comments from friends and family. I just ignore them and do what I want with my body.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    jswigart wrote: »
    I get the same comments from friends and family. I just ignore them and do what I want with my body.

I do the same.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!