Looking for low carb friends

Options
meowmisu
meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
Hi!

I'm very new to MFP, and would love to make some friends who are also following a lower carb way of eating. I'd love to creep your diaries to get an idea of how others are eating....

Any takers?

My diary is open for your perusal :)

A little about me: I am a busy full time working mom of a 2.5 year old girl. I love to cook and eat and am trying to figure out how to do that and not be a chunker. :)

Replies

• happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, I have an open diary :)
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends and my carbs come from fruits and veggies.
  • meowmisu
    Options
    Thanks gals.
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Me too, my carbs are generally only from fruits and veg :)

Edited to add, my diary is open to friends
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :bigsmile:
    I am on a low carb diet plan! And I have an open diary! :D
    Anyone feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
    I believe having friends to motivate you and a shoulder to lean on when it gets tough is always great to have!
    Good luck to everyone in reaching their goals! :drinker:
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi just had a peak at your diary OP - did you k now you can re-set your goals so your macros (carbs/fat/protein) are whatever % you like? I have mine set to 20/40/40 :)
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My food dairy won't reflect it this week but I generally stay under 50g of carbs per day. All carbs generally come from fruits and vegetables. Feel free to add me!
  • thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me :) I'm 60f/30p/10c roughly with my macros for insulin resistance and PCOS. My carbs come from veggies mainly. Open diary, and while I'm not a 100% clean eater, I don't think I do that badly ;) I'm just a normal working mom of 5 who slowly got fat through pregnancies and not understanding how fat works really. I know better now :)
  • meowmisu
    Options
    Thank you so much all! I too get my carbs from veggies, some fruit and beans. I love healthy food but had fallen into the fast food trap with my current job keeping me on the road all of the time. Trying to pack a cooler each morning to keep myself on track with healthy lunches, eat breakfast at home and no more sugary coffee drinks. I've also cut out diet soda, which is tough because I adore my Coke Zero. I just have to commit to waking up earlier to work out, get myself ready and food packed before the little one wakes. 5AM, ugh!
  • ContentedBeauty
    ContentedBeauty Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing a plan that's not drastically low carb, but does require limited carbs. I have pcos and insulin resistance so I am trying to follow the Insulin Resistance Diet which is generally 45% carbs / 25% fat / 30% protein and requires pairing proteins with carbs. I'd love to find more friends that are limiting carbs.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I follow LCHF and get the majority of my carbs from vegetables, nuts and some dairy. Very limited fruits and legumes. No grains. My diary is open.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Diary open! Would love some new low carb friends :)
  • meowmisu
    Options
    Hi just had a peak at your diary OP - did you k now you can re-set your goals so your macros (carbs/fat/protein) are whatever % you like? I have mine set to 20/40/40 :)

Awesome tip!! Thank you so much!
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've had some success with low carb, feel free to add.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm low carbin' it! My carbs come mostly from veggies. Well I'm not really low carb, I'm more "appropriate portions"...but trust me, I'm the carb queen, so if I can make under 100g of carbs a day, that's amazing :) I'll add ya!

Edit to add, I have absolutely no dairy (casein intolerance)...i get my calcium, vitamin D and magnesium from soy cheese and a women's one a day multivitamin.
  • kaceyannk
    kaceyannk Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I just joined and am doing a low carb diet. Would love some low carb friends to share ideas and help me stay on track.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Im a low carb eater! All of you that do, please add me!
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. I agree, support is key............. love to share and swap recipes too! Open diary as well.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am also following a LC way of life. My diary is public.