Any 5' to 5'4 women out there trying to lose 30-50lbs?

Options

Replies

• MsNika83
    MsNika83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and wanting to lose 73 lbs. I'm ready to lose this weight I gained from having kids and emotional eating. I lost weight before but as soon as I start slipping up, all the pounds come back plus more.
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I lost weight before but as soon as I start slipping up, all the pounds come back plus more.
    I am on the same road, I lost 50lbs back in 2010, got pregnant and gained all back.
    I am trying really hard to make a change in my eating habits and hope this works for good.
    Wish you good luck!

• skylarLorenzo
    skylarLorenzo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'2'' aiming to lose 50lbs, we could help motivate each other :)
  • dilemmafied
    dilemmafied Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,5 but I still am in the same boat :) anyone is free to add me... Let's cheer each other on !
  • clairehowieson123
    clairehowieson123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5ft 4inch. Minimal 56lb weight loss needed :/ is there anyone that finds recording intake of food making them obsessive about what they're eating :/
  • schwengcat
    schwengcat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you get to the afternoon and you have around 300 calories left for the day, how do you handle that? Do you eat a reasonable dinner anyway or eat very little and go to bed hungry?
  • cphixo91
    cphixo91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm new here and in need of motivational friends. I am 5"4 and 158 lbs right now, just had my 2nd daughter 2 months ago via c section and want to get back down to 130. I'm not new to weight loss... 3 years ago after I had my first daughter I stopped looking at the scale after I hit 220. I lost around 100 lbs after I had her. I have an open diary and try to come on at least once a day.
  • melbrown22
    melbrown22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add me, please! I am 5' 1" and need to lose 60. I keep starting and stopping. Maybe I'm like you and need a new setting!
  • normalicia11
    Options
    schwengcat wrote: »
    If you get to the afternoon and you have around 300 calories left for the day, how do you handle that? Do you eat a reasonable dinner anyway or eat very little and go to bed hungry?

If I am hungry I eat a meal equal to the calories I have left but if I am not hungry I just skip it. Eventually those calories add up and reflect on weight loss
  • normalicia11
    Options
    5ft 4inch. Minimal 56lb weight loss needed :/ is there anyone that finds recording intake of food making them obsessive about what they're eating :/

I think recording your intakes makes you realize the quality of your food. A lot times we don't know how much calories we are taking in until we put them on paper
  • pandorajk
    pandorajk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    zoepipa wrote: »
    I'm around 5'6'' so I am a bit taller but I found my most successful health weight loss (around 10-15 lbs within 3 months) after going High Carb Low Fat Vegan. I eat an abundance of whole foods-- I don't restrict-- and I have kept the weight off. Also, because the carbs have given me enough energy (glucose from the fruits, veggies, and whole grained foods) I have been able to exercise more without feeling exhausted. I would definitely look into it- because you keep the weight off- and are doing amazing things for the animals and the planet (not to mention there have been movies like forks over knives, the china study, etc) that show it lowers risk of cancer and diabetes

I am a vegetarian and I found that i don't eat enough protein. I Increased my protein dramatically and limit carbs and have lost weight..finally! I have been eating mostly whole foods for over a year and didn't start losing until protein increase. I would love to hear what you are doing. Potatoes are my favorite!!
  • alihokanso13
    alihokanso13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". I've lost 6lbs and have 34 to go!
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I do! I've always struggled with feeling obsessed but now that I'm STILL overweight I've determined to keep logging.
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5'4... Feel free to add me
  • mariemattke
    mariemattke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and started out at 200 lbs and i wanted to lose 50. I lost it but in the last few months have gained 15 back & have hit a wall and can't seem to lose anymore. I also could use some support & motivation. We can do this!!
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Recording what I'm eating usually is fine. What I hate is when I go out to eat and I'm whipping out my cell phone to record each item so I don't forget anything. That's when I feel a little rude and obsessive, but it is a great tool in holding yourself accountable.
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    5ft1 right here… trying to lose a little over 50lbs though
  • bscott0114
    bscott0114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'3" weighing 184 trying to get to at least 145 after my fourth child on May 6th.only tracking right now until I'm cleared for working out but I'd like some friends to help stay motivated
  • texmex39
    texmex39 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, actually I am only 5' 2
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me too, please!