Any 5' to 5'4 women out there trying to lose 30-50lbs?

Options

Replies

• purpldragonfly
    purpldragonfly Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm just under 5' 5". Average height for women is about 5'3 to 5' 6". With 6 being on the high end. Anyway, started losing weight and keeping it off in 2007. All together I've lost 65 pounds. I carry my weight well and have a significant amount of muscle, but still have at least 40 pounds to go. Trust me, the fat is there. My goal is to weigh 150. The first 65 pounds was lost by eating a good diet and going through a stressful time in my life, but I was not exercising. It took me from 2007 to 2012 to lose the 65 pounds. I got one pound below my lowest number for about 2 weeks last year and have gone up and down with the same 6 or 7 pounds ever since. I've been working out 3 days a week consistently for 2 years this June and have only lost about 16 pounds during that time when I got to my lowest weight. And that 16 pounds was part of the 65 pounds I gained back from the end of 2012 to the end of 2013. I started going to a bootcamp class 3 days a week in June of 2014. In the last 3 weeks I've added a 4th day of exercise to try and increase my calorie burn. The first week I was down to 2 pounds from my lowest ever number, about 6 pounds. By the end of the following week I had gained 3 or 4 back and I'm currently back up to the same number I keep gaining back to every week. The regular pattern before adding the 4th day was going back and forth between 3 and 4 pounds. My 4th day of exercise is either Zumba or mowing the lawn or both on Saturday. Of course I burn more calories on that day and get more steps in. I have a Fitbit, I track my food and calories and usually stay under 1500 a day. I try to eat any carbs and good carbs mostly for breakfast and lunch. I meal prep every Sunday. I drink water throughout the day. I have treated hypo-thyroidism. I was diagnosed in 1996. I get that and everything else tested every year. My dosage has not changed yet. My cholesterol is good, blood pressure is good, which used to be an issue and was what caused me to get serious about losing weight for good. I was about 34 and my ankles and feet were swelling and I wanted to keep from taking blood pressure meds if I could by losing weight and that has worked to lower my blood pressure. I do have a desk job and my feet and ankles can still swell during the day, especially if I do not keep my feet elevated. Once I exercise the swelling goes away. I exercise in the evenings after work, so 3 nights a week I eat late. Usually 9 or 9:30 pm. I'm pear shape, so most of my body mass and muscles are from the butt down. I'm 43, my female cycle goes from irregular to regular and back again. I do not have children. Any feedback or tips would be considered and appreciated.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Meeeee! I'm 5'3" and 170. Ugh. Want to drop at least 35
  • nurseytess
    nurseytess Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Me! 5'3.5" (yes, that half inch is important!) my goal is 35-40 pounds off
  • cynthiaflutterby
    cynthiaflutterby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love to be a friend I need support too. I'm 5'0" and I need to loose 50 lbs...
  • Msamples0211
    Msamples0211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me! I am 5'3 and wanting to lose 50lbs
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 so far. Have about 30-40 left to go. Feel free to add :)
  • sosiobhan
    sosiobhan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5.3 and looking at losing 30 lbs Some days it doesn't even seem possible... Add me!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    "It's not just about losing weight, it's about adopting a healthier lifestyle "
  • AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft for years I yo-yoed between 15st 7lb and 13st 7lb, since joining mfp Ive managed to smash through the 13stone 7lb and my current weight is 12st 11lb, my goal is 10st for my 40th birthday in September.
  • HealthyMe530
    HealthyMe530 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'1" and need to lose 50-60 pounds. I was told if you join a community group it will help you lose 3x the weight. I saw your post and thought this might be a good group to join. Any check dates to motivate ourselves and have someone to check in with? Looking forward to joining the group! :)
  • belledusahel92
    belledusahel92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'2 and I started at 185. On April 1rst, as of today I lost exactly 20 pounds and have 40 more pounds to go. Please add me so we can support each other :)
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'2 and I started at 185. On April 1rst, as of today I lost exactly 20 pounds and have 40 more pounds to go. Please add me so we can support each other :)

Great job! Keep it up!
  • Cysso
    Cysso Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would love some new motivational friends! I'm 5'4" and looking to lose 40-45 lbs. Add me!
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Me :) 5'3"... lost 21 so far, 20-30 to go!
  • koochhill
    koochhill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would like to loose 22 more lbs. I have been on LCHF since February and it is the only thing ever to give me relief from constant cravings. I could use the fresh motivation and discussion.

I am 48 years old, 5' and 162 lbs.
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Meeeee!!!! I just started my fitness pal on June 1st and I need friends so we can each get motivated .. I also have Nike Running incase someone wants to add me ..

Find me on Nike Running : akg713

(I'm not sure if we add ourselves with the nickname)

By the way I'm 5'1 and goal to lose is 35pounds
  • laurel_hicks
    laurel_hicks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am! I'd love some motivation.
  • fitgalin22
    fitgalin22 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am definitely a woman who is trying to lose between 30-50 lbs more. :) So far I have lost about 15 lbs and can't wait to continue loosing the rest of those lbs that have accumulated in the past 10 years. Feel free to add me. :D
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and trying to get back on track!!! vertically challenged and a food lover - terrible combination. In need of support!!!
  • bevkeller81
    bevkeller81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 3/4" on a good day. I have lost 20 lbs since my high (which I'd be embarrassed to share) but am now stuck. I need to lose 40 more but am trying in very small increments. Smaller goals are more motivating especially for me. Add me to the group