Nutella...

Options

Replies

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Nutella is awesome! I would have a chocolate gram cracker with a layer of peanut butter..then a layer of nutella and eat. I have to have milk to drink with this yummy snack. You know...the last time I had this snack was in October 2015! This was when I started MFP and losing weight.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    It just tastes like cake frosting to me, way too sweet.

And that might be partially why I can limit myself to one or two pieces of toast. It is really sweet!

Years ago, I discovered that I could no longer eat peanut butter because of an intolerance or allergy to them. Someone suggested nutella, and so I tried it ... and did not like it. It was a weird combination of too sweet and too dry with an odd flavour.

Years passed, and I moved to Australia and for some reason we had some in the cupboard, so I decided to give it another try. Blech. Same thing ... was not impressed.

But because we had a jar of it, and I don't like just throwing food out, I thought I would try it with honey ... and that made all the difference! Now I like it, with honey ... not on its own. And not too much of it. Two slices of toast is almost too much.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with nutella, then I suggest you do NOT try reeces chocolate peanut butter spread. I love Nutella, but the reeces is a hundred times better. So much so that I cant bring it in the house, as 1 jar lasts me all of one day..

I second this!

As a kid I grew up on nutella/pb/banana sandwiches...dangerous
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I spoon out weighed portions of nutella onto waxed paper and freeze.

Oooh this is a good idea... like a frozen little chocolate package of goodness to tingle my tastebuds, I might have to try it. However, it will be a "one for you, two for me" kinda thing while I dish it out on the wax paper LOL
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I hate Nutella and peanut butter :#
  • lienko
    lienko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but avocado + hazelnuts + cocoa powder in a food processor is a good alternative. It's a bit creamier and you can obviously tell the difference, but it's something worth considering if you like finding healthier alternatives!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    lienko wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but avocado + hazelnuts + cocoa powder in a food processor is a good alternative. It's a bit creamier and you can obviously tell the difference, but it's something worth considering if you like finding healthier alternatives!

While this is appreciated, the actual issue here is Nutella being a calorie hog that is hard to moderate. Avocado + hazelnuts + cocoa powder would still be a calorie hog.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

I hate Nutella, but love coconut almond butter and peanut butter. These are super foods and give me superhuman powers.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

How dare you :tongue:
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the devil FOOD!!!!! Especially if there are leftover buttermilk waffles in the freezer.
    I cannot be trusted with it. :(
  • harperlm1976
    harperlm1976 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My secret? I don't buy it cuz I have no self control!
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I can't even handle peanut butter. I will eat it out of the jar. I have the powdered peanut butter and can't even premix it. Whoever mentioned cookie butter--don't tell me there is such a thing. I have had to end it with all 'butters.'
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Buying the natural peanut butter definitely helps me not to binge out on the stuff. It's just not as nice as regular PB.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    "Leatherwood honey"? :o Sounds like a country-western group.

It's delicious ... my favourite honey ...

http://www.beebeauty.com.au/leatherwood-story/

Available here in the States on Amazon -- I've put it on my Wish List.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I love putting nutella on toast with bacon. Salty. Sweet. Delicious.

And, I'm short, so I put the Nutella on the top shelf of the cabinet. Usually my laziness keeps me away from it for a while... usually.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    aub6689 wrote: »
    I can't even handle peanut butter. I will eat it out of the jar. I have the powdered peanut butter and can't even premix it. Whoever mentioned cookie butter--don't tell me there is such a thing. I have had to end it with all 'butters.'

You butter believe it.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Sorry you're broken.

=)
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I used to love it sooo much! Knew it's a danger and stayed away from it for few years. Tried it recently. Where did the magic go? It became way too sweet for my taste now.... :(
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Buying the natural peanut butter definitely helps me not to binge out on the stuff. It's just not as nice as regular PB.
    Try some natural almond butter! ;)

• Aine8046
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Yeah, Nutella's so nice. I first had it in Italy. They served it with cookies/bisquits for breakfast. Everyone was spreading the nutella on the bisquits and eating those. No one even looked like they ever gained an inch from it either. LOL. :)

Yeah. The key word is "spreading", not eating it with a spoon... :)