Drunk snacking?

Options

Replies

• iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bring someone sober that has your back. I don't normally have more than one drink when my boyfriend and I go out with his friends. On the way home, he always wants to stop for McDonalds. We usually stop because, who am I to deny him a treat? However, while he would like to order 4 cheeseburgers, my sober self warns him that's silly and he just gets one.

We don't go out so often that one night of drinking with a greasy McDonald cheeseburger is going to ruin his progress.

ETA: fixing a double negative :O
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I like to get drunk sometimes! I only drink Friday & Saturday nights. Wasn't asking for your judgments. :drinker:

If you're only drunk 'sometimes' but good the rest of the time when you are sober, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Agreed! Plus if you hit the swimming baths the next day you can burn off the surplus calories, & cure the hangover in one swoop!
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    hahahaha.... join he club. it's super hard!

I am obsessed with quest bars. Gives me the feeling of eating a sweet :)
  • christyk36
    christyk36 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking . Period.
    This!!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Try to not snack when you've been drinking. Throughout college this was ritual, pregame at home, go to the bars, get drunk, order or stop and get food on the walk home. Everyone would stay up and hang out and eat whatever and probably drink some more. It became more of a social habit than a need to eat thing. Once I graduated, I continued to eat once I got home....not becuase I needed it but because that's what I was used to. Try to stop the habit and see how it goes. Chug some water and go to bed, sleep in and have a nice breakfast, that's what I prefer to do when I go out now.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Are you an alcoholic drinking every day? So it became your issue? Bottle of wine is 700 cal...can you keep up with your diet? Change your mind, to change your body...Good luck
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Just live, drink, eat and enjoy ... Really, just do it.

We are put in this place for a minuscule time and we ain't meant to be obsessing over macros and ****e as we are making our way to sure death.

That is absolute, no afterlife, total death by the way.

You will die.

Everyone you care about will die.

So enjoy those snacks, whatever you choose. :)

If you choose to worry about 'empty calories' and 'I just drink water, I don't need alcohol to have a good time' then that's up to you.

Make sense? No? Good. :)

lmao this dude is awesome! :)
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    All my friends get out the cheese and biscuits when we've had a drink. I started to get low cal crackers and low fat cheese so I could still feel like I was joining in.

My halo is'nt that shinny though as I still drink far to many calories.. I say I am not going to but the next thing is there's another glass of cider in your hand.
    Caravaning most weekends don't help. :-)
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's so rough because it's a double whammy. You get the empty calories from drinking and then compound it with eating things you normally wouldn't because you have more control.

My brother has a band and when I join my sister-in-law to hear them play, I'll plan ahead. First, I start drinking water at least a half hour before we leave. When we get home, I throw together a wrap on Joseph's Lavash Bread (which is a flat wrap) with albacore tuna, a bit of low cal mayo, and a boat load of veggies that I like. It's good and filling. That's usually enough for me to just crash after.

Maybe in your case, since a burrito is what you crave, have the makings for a healthy one with ground turkey, tons of veggies, and a low carb wrap.

I think the biggest tip is to try to sober up a little before you get home or go straight to bed.

P.s. Also, dance a lot to help offset the consumption. :P
  • flirtingwithforty
    flirtingwithforty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My friends and I used to get home from drinking and make scrambled eggs with salsa, black beans and shredded cheese (we're talking jarred salsa, canned beans and pre-shredded cheese - easy stuff to have on hand.) SO good and full of protein. I even make this when I'm not drunk. :)
  • Jenny_Ren1
    Jenny_Ren1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've found myself having this problem! :drinker:
    Sure, it would be better to not get drunk every Sat, but that just hasn't worked for me... My husband makes us an awesome drunk snack that I don't feel guilty about! He takes chicken breasts cut into strips ( I buy the tenderloins - skinless, boneless chicken breasts already cut in strips) and seasons them with red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and then bakes them. YUMMMMMMYYYY!!!

Just make sure you're going to be awake long enough to get them out of the oven.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    OK I disagree ENTIRELY with anyone saying that this will just happen because you're drunk and you need to accept it. You can change it.

I don't have a gall bladder but am very social. I find alcohol tough to process and need to eat to make sure I don't wake up spewing. I USED to have crisps, chinese, a burger, regular late night carby fatty foods. Then I realised what I was doing. You have to KNOW what you're doing to stop it. I decided to start stocking my fridge with filling but non carby options.

I now eat one of the following when I get home:
    - Chopped up tomatoes, cucumber and cheese
    - Ready cooked chicken slices
    - Indian takeway option of mixed vegetable curry.

Any one of those will help. Try the cooked meat pieces. You suddenly realise how easy it is once you start.

Mixed vegetable curry is the best thing since sliced bread. I am awaiting the day when Whole Foods teams up with Costco and starts selling it in bulk.
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for these suggestions—you're the only one who didn't tell me to stop drinking.

Jeez people! What happened to the whole "support" thing? I like to get drunk sometimes! I only drink Friday & Saturday nights. Wasn't asking for your judgments. :drinker:

So you only want advice that coincides with what you've already decided to do and you only want to hear opinions that you approve of.

OK, since you've already consumed copious amounts of calories via the alcohol, dehydrated yourself, and significantly damaged your liver by binge drinking 104 days per year, I say what the hell does it matter if you eat half a pizza and an entire cheesecake? Eating some grilled chicken and green beans isn't going to matter at that point. Seriously.

Did you actually read OP's actual post? Did anybody? I can see where the incessant "STOP DRINKING SMH WTF" posts would have some validity if she came on here and said "hey, I need support because I drink TOO MUCH." She said what do you people who do drink do when you get the munchies. PERIOD. She didn't ask for a forum full of self-righteous a-holes to read into her post and give her feedback on her lifestyle. She asked for snack ideas. The rest of you high-and-mighty take-your-shirt-off-at-the-gym-and-snap-a-selfie d-bags are the ones who took it upon yourselves to ignore the question and use your couch/internet learned psychobabble to belittle the OP. So, unless you have an answer to her original question, I suggest STFU and get back to your own life. ****.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Eating combined with drinking is a bad combo. I would never eat while drinking.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    So, unless you have an answer to her original question, I suggest STFU and get back to your own life. ****.

Whoa, we got ourselves a bada55 in here...

*ducks behind table*
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    What happened to the whole "support" thing? I like to get drunk sometimes! I only drink Friday & Saturday nights. Wasn't asking for your judgments. :drinker:

Support is telling someone whose drinking is affecting their life TO STOP DRINKING. No judgment was going on, just helpful suggestions like what was asked for.

Personally, I don't know you and don't give two dog piles about you. Get wasted and get fat for all I care.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Eating combined with drinking is a bad combo. I would never eat while drinking.

Absolutely, just like breathing while thinking is a no-no ... It can only lead to pain ;)
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Mixed vegetable curry is the best thing since sliced bread. I am awaiting the day when Whole Foods teams up with Costco and starts selling it in bulk.

Ha! It's literally the easiest curry in the world to cook too. You can make a massive batch and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. I often do!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Ha! It's literally the easiest curry in the world to cook too. You can make a massive batch and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. I often do!

what are your recipees?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    quesadillas is my snack of choice.

Three ingredients: tortillas, grated cheese and chopped spring onions.

Heat a frying pan and place one tortilla in the bottom (no oil or anything). Sprinkle on your cheese (I would pre-grate it when you're sober to save your fingers and pre-measure the quanity) and the spring onions. Place the second tortilla on top.

Allow to melt and when the bottom tortilla is toasted, flip it over to toast the other side. I've heard you can nuke these as well, but I prefer them toasted.

One quesadilla should feed two people. If it's just you, then cut the tortilla in half before toasting.

Calories depending on tortillas and brand/quantity of cheese used.

Sounds good...but should most drunk people be working with an open flame?