Options
124»

Replies

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I always tell clients:

"If you look the way you want to look, wear the clothes you want to wear because they fit, and people compliment you on your figure............................does it really matter what the scale says?"

We don't go around in the day with our weight stamped on our foreheads. It's only an issue with what we see and not what others see.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Great advice! Thanks. Very true!

• KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Haven't read any other replies, so I very well may be repeating what others have said. I'm also 5'6" and my goal weight is 140. (I used to be that size) With you at 144, you are probably looking pretty good for your height. Keep in mind that the smaller you get, the harder it is to keep losing.

That said, you can definitely go on vacation & maintain. My husband and I just moved from So Cal to Maryland. We took almost a month to roadtrip across the country visiting family & friends & even attended a wedding in New Orleans. I didn't log calories or work out the whole time. I gained 2lbs & after 4 days of counting & exercising again, I'm under the weight I was when we left CA.

To accomplish this, I focused on fruits, veggies & protien. I bought apples, carrots, protien bars & other portable things that I could eat on the go instead of fast food. I would usually keep something in my purse so that if I got hungry while we were out having fun, I'd have something to tide me over until I could make a healthy choice. When we ate out, I would order something that was a main dish of protien (steak, chicken, etc) with not much sauce & sides of veggies or fruit (again, things that didn't come drenched in sauce or butter if possible). Yes, a huge burger or pasta dishes sounded amazing (and sometimes I ate them) but I knew I would be much happier if I stuck to my plan most of the time.

Also, you don't have to eat ALL of the huge restaurant portion. Just eat half. Ask for a box at the very beginning & box up half if you need to. Then you also have some yummy left overs for the next day! Or share a meal with someone.

Listen to your body. It will tell you when it's full & when it's have enough of processed, calorie dense food. Especially after you've been counting & eating healthier for a while. Good luck! You can do this!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    KiyaK wrote: »
    Haven't read any other replies, so I very well may be repeating what others have said. I'm also 5'6" and my goal weight is 140. (I used to be that size) With you at 144, you are probably looking pretty good for your height. Keep in mind that the smaller you get, the harder it is to keep losing.

That said, you can definitely go on vacation & maintain. My husband and I just moved from So Cal to Maryland. We took almost a month to roadtrip across the country visiting family & friends & even attended a wedding in New Orleans. I didn't log calories or work out the whole time. I gained 2lbs & after 4 days of counting & exercising again, I'm under the weight I was when we left CA.

To accomplish this, I focused on fruits, veggies & protien. I bought apples, carrots, protien bars & other portable things that I could eat on the go instead of fast food. I would usually keep something in my purse so that if I got hungry while we were out having fun, I'd have something to tide me over until I could make a healthy choice. When we ate out, I would order something that was a main dish of protien (steak, chicken, etc) with not much sauce & sides of veggies or fruit (again, things that didn't come drenched in sauce or butter if possible). Yes, a huge burger or pasta dishes sounded amazing (and sometimes I ate them) but I knew I would be much happier if I stuck to my plan most of the time.

Also, you don't have to eat ALL of the huge restaurant portion. Just eat half. Ask for a box at the very beginning & box up half if you need to. Then you also have some yummy left overs for the next day! Or share a meal with someone.

Listen to your body. It will tell you when it's full & when it's have enough of processed, calorie dense food. Especially after you've been counting & eating healthier for a while. Good luck! You can do this!

Thanks so much and really wise advice. It's encouraging to me to know you traveled that much and were able to keep off the weight except for 2 lbs! That's fabulous!!! If I can do the same, I'll be happy. It's all in the mindset I think. Last year I just went a bit overboard and gained so much weight on all of my vacations with Krispy Kreme donuts. My hubby would say, "We might as well get a dozen...it's cheaper" yeah...but at whose expense, lol! He isn't a donut lover as my daughter and I am. I think my mindset is different now and I will make healthier choices I hope. It's easy to be starved at dinner and sometimes want to go for that burger and fries which have a day's worth of calories...yikes. So as you said, I can box it up if that's what I want or I could get a bean burger or something too. I want to live and let live, haha but as you said, you knew you would be much happier not totally giving in. I like your idea also of keeping healthy snacks too. This will be mandatory for me!! Thanks again and great job to you!!