FORGET ABOUT UR BF%

Options
I just watched this video posted by Jaco De Bruyn a very popular muscle model .. he went to get his BF% measured by Dexa Scan and guess what a elite Athlete like him got a result of 12.5 %!!! and in the video he said according to calipers it was around 6 or 7 % ! that's a freaking 5 to 6 % difference..this video made me really forget about my bf % and go with the mirror coz this guy has visible hard abs year round and he just got a 12.5 % and according to all the BF% and abs science out there u have to be below 10 % to look lean

here is the vid :

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJacoDeBruyn/videos/vb.244056162351108/1071876736235709/?type=2&theater&__mref=message_bubble

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    abs science? What is that?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    wat?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I didn't watch the video (because LOLfacebook),
    but could the disconnect be (relatively) high visceral fat?
    17.5%

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Ok bubba.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    17.5%

The video says it's brain fat. Seriously, they assume he has 23% brain fat.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    17.5%

You're making that up.

I mean, the dexa would break out the parts, so they should know the BF% of each component. But if he has 23% brain fat, and his head is 25% of his total body weight, then...

LOLOLOLOL. :laugh: Sorry, I just pictured what this would look like. Guess I need to watch this video to understand better the claim...because my BSometer is maxed right now.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    17.5%

You're making that up.

I mean, the dexa would break out the parts, so they should know the BF% of each component. But if he has 23% brain fat, and his head is 25% of his total body weight, then...

LOLOLOLOL. :laugh: Sorry, I just pictured what this would look like. Guess I need to watch this video to understand better the claim...because my BSometer is maxed right now.

Listen at 4:25 and then look at the stop frame at 4:41 23.9% brain fat. I. Kid. You. Not.

lololol.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Wait. Wut? Brain fat? oy.

out.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    17.5%

You're making that up.

Listen at 4:25 and then look at the stop frame at 4:41 23.9% brain fat. I. Kid. You. Not.

lololol.

But...

I mean...

I just...

Wouldn't the...

Uh...

I'm looking forward to watching this now...which I will do when I'm not sitting between two guys on a train...because video of inevitably shirtless guy.
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    so u missed the bf% before abs science . i mean what every athlete , fitness mag , website etc is saying about abs ..
  • HungryasFuark
    edited May 2016
    Options
    my point here is that this guy was depending on calipers and the calipers gave him a result of 6 to 7 % and by the actual BF% test he got 12 .5 % ..btw guys check other videos of people on youtube getting the same results when they do dexa theirs numbers are very different from calipers and they look pretty lean with visible abs and above 10 % bf ... in my pic im around 12 by calipers and my abs are visible .
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    so u missed the bf% before abs science . i mean what every athlete , fitness mag , website etc is saying about abs ..

So not science.
  • HungryasFuark
    Options

So not science.

whatever works for u
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

So not science.

whatever works for u

Know what works for everyone? Science.
  • HungryasFuark
    Options

So not science.

whatever works for u

Know what works for everyone? Science.

wow