Fitbit Aria Scale - Opinions

Options
13»

Replies

• radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Love my Aria scale. I have it synced to MFP to help keep me accountable!
  • Vix0527
    Options
    I cannot stand my Aria scale. I completely regret buying it. It is impossible for me to keep it in the same place. Our bathroom isn't big enough, so it has to be pushed up against the wall. The minute you move it everything is off. Then you have to step on it six times to "recalibrate" it (and it isn't a quick reading it takes a bit since it uploads every single weigh in). I can move my $35 scale anywhere in the house and it is spot on. This scale is way too expensive for this kind of inconsistency and inconvenience. Even if it stays in the same spot I will get different readings back to back.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    cant say, but i LOOOOVE my Withings.

EDIT: I feel the trending and fat% Work fine on my Withings.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to get one but the house we are in now is an old farmhouse and the floors are so uneven it isn't funny so I won't spend the money on it right now unfortunately :sad:
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Very happy with my Aria. For one thing it syncs to my Fitbit account automatically which also syncs here.

But beyond that...

You can have 8 profiles. And anyone without a Fitbit profile shows as 'guest' under your Fitbit/devices/Aria weighins section of the Fitbit site. As a parent of 3 teens, I like this. I can tell by the weight who has stepped on the scale. (Saw no reason to set the kids up with profiles.) If someone seems to be obsessing over their weight, or changing in weight more than is 'normal' I will have an idea. I like that.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Staci- Ooh, I would like to monitor my teen's weighing/weight, just to make sure she's not dieting. Good to know.

Momto3- For a couple bucks, you can pick up a ceramic tile at Home Depot to set the scale on. Would that work?

I can't decide on the Aria or the Withings. The Withings is cheaper because I can get it without body fat %. But I've used my Fitbit account since 2009 and I might find the BF% useful. I know my other BF scale is garbage but maybe if I had really long term trends. I just can't decide. The Withings one has better reviews.
  • tjaburke8
    tjaburke8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm going to throw this out there anyway

I'm thinking of getting the Aria scale, but I'm kind of uncertain. I know that it can wirelessly log my weight into my Fitbit Charge HR, and MFP.

Of all the reviews I've read, the biggest complaint I've heard about are the fluctuations/inaccuracies in Body Fat %. I understand that this is mainly due to the fact that the method the scales use isn't and CAN'T BE 100% accurate.

I've also signed up for a TrendWeight account.

So I guess I'm curious - taking the Body Fat % out of it, and aside from the convenience of not having to log my weight, why would I want to pay $120 for a Wifi Scale when I've got a regular old (very consistent) digital scale already?
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    tjaburke8 wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm going to throw this out there anyway

I'm thinking of getting the Aria scale, but I'm kind of uncertain. I know that it can wirelessly log my weight into my Fitbit Charge HR, and MFP.

Of all the reviews I've read, the biggest complaint I've heard about are the fluctuations/inaccuracies in Body Fat %. I understand that this is mainly due to the fact that the method the scales use isn't and CAN'T BE 100% accurate.

I've also signed up for a TrendWeight account.

So I guess I'm curious - taking the Body Fat % out of it, and aside from the convenience of not having to log my weight, why would I want to pay $120 for a Wifi Scale when I've got a regular old (very consistent) digital scale already?

Before you buy - do some research, I found that it would not sync with my router because my router is too new and the Aria technology is from 2012. After 3 hours trying to get it to work I gave up and returned it. Fitbit needs to update the technology on the scale, I am not sure why they haven't.