Good guy!

Options
runner2runner
runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
Another desperate topic from poor old desperate runner, lol!

Is being a good guy really such a bad thing? Maybe I should be more creepy!! That seems to be the in thing around here!

Replies

• pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    Being a good guy is definitely a good thing. Friendly and respectful are definite plusses in my book.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    nah. there are enough creepers here. stay a good guy! you will get and keep more lady friends that way.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    i have often thought the same thing.

Its the norm in my town the pests, players and *kitten* seem to get all the girls, whereas the nice guys like myself get left to one side :-(
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I agree with Patty, friendly and respectful will always win, in my book.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Always seems to me too that *kitten* and players get the girls, and a lot of girls seem to fall for "bad boys"
    How is that?
    I was never able to get girls to like me, only got friendzoned, but that's not what you want as a 18 year old guy.
    Being nice doesn't seem to get you anywhere, not with girls, but not in life either, the people who work hard and stay friendly don't get the monye, people who like fireing other people and would do anything for themselve seem to have it all

couldnt agree more Gustaaf.

the friendzone is a rubbish place to get put.
  • NathanielUK
    NathanielUK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The whole "badboy" thing is seen as "Dangerous" and "naughty" and SOME women thrive off that.

Then some women like to be treated correctly - Depends on the type of women you go for.

Friendzoned is not a bad thing, especially if you want friendships - I mean, When you get friendzoned, you see that friend with their partners and think "Dang, I had a lucky escape" unless youre in it for 1 thing mind you ;)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Its all about personal prefference at the end of the day . Some women will like the bad boyz and some will like the good boyz .
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Its all about personal prefference at the end of the day . Some women will like the bad boyz and some will like the good boyz .

I guess that's true, although both history and personal experience seem to show the former to be more true!!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Always seems to me too that *kitten* and players get the girls, and a lot of girls seem to fall for "bad boys"
    How is that?
    I was never able to get girls to like me, only got friendzoned, but that's not what you want as a 18 year old guy.
    Being nice doesn't seem to get you anywhere, not with girls, but not in life either, the people who work hard and stay friendly don't get the monye, people who like fireing other people and would do anything for themselve seem to have it all

It often comes down to confidence and initiative. "Good" guys are often less bold and more concerned about consequences, and so take less risks and give off less of an attittude of confidence. "Bad" guys are not concerned about consequences and so go after what they want. Women often respond to attitude, and cockiness can often be mistaken for confidence. Eventually, people realize that these guys have nothing but the attittude and move on, usually to another confident guy. This is the same reason that guys in relationships are often attractive. They no longer have any risk in meeting other women, so they have no fear and ooze If you get friendzoned, it's because you didn't take the opportunity to make a move. You were passive and hoped things would fall out somehow without needing to take a risk. Go forth. Be bold. Make mistakes. I'm not arrogant, but I know my own self worth and abilities, and that has made all the difference.
  • stephx4
    stephx4 Posts: 810
    Options
    Here we go again....
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself!!!!
  • AbdicoVeritas
    Options
    It often comes down to confidence and initiative. "Good" guys are often less bold and more concerned about consequences, and so take less risks and give off less of an attittude of confidence. "Bad" guys are not concerned about consequences and so go after what they want. Women often respond to attitude, and cockiness can often be mistaken for confidence. Eventually, people realize that these guys have nothing but the attittude and move on, usually to another confident guy. This is the same reason that guys in relationships are often attractive. They no longer have any risk in meeting other women, so they have no fear and ooze If you get friendzoned, it's because you didn't take the opportunity to make a move. You were passive and hoped things would fall out somehow without needing to take a risk. Go forth. Be bold. Make mistakes. I'm not arrogant, but I know my own self worth and abilities, and that has made all the difference.

This.
    You can be confident and sexy without being a *kitten*.
    You can be a nice guy without being an androgynous grey blob.
    You get friendzoned because you behave like a friend and not like a potential partner.
    So stop whining that the girls always go for the bad boys/*kitten* and work on yourself. Take risks, be that cocky guy sometimes. Have some fun.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    How is that?
    if men's tastes were any better, i'd have still been a virgin.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Seems a whole load of the ladies on here prefer the men to be cheeky/rude for some reason.

Who knows, if someone comes up with a definitive answer, they'd make a fortune.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The friend zone doesn't exist. It's a figment of your imagination.

You're either friends with a person or your not. If you're hanging around with someone pretending to be their friend when your intent is different and you are playing a game to see if you can eventually "win" them then you are missing it out and doing yourself and the objection of your affection a disservice.

Be a friend. A good friend. Friendship brings you some of the greatest, most beautiful blessings that life has to offer. Seek out other people who are attracted to you. However, you may find that during the course of people's lives that feelings change and the girl who once wanted to be your friend then wants to be more. Or not.

Don't hold yourselves back. Live. Keep growing. Accept the highs and the lows and one day you will find someone right for you.

I promise.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Seems a whole load of the ladies on here prefer the men to be cheeky/rude for some reason.

Who knows, if someone comes up with a definitive answer, they'd make a fortune.
    i think that's an illusion, in part.

those who prefer loud/lewd guys tend to be loud/lewd in their response, so they stand out in a thread far more than the other women who just responded to the topic & moved on without getting into three pages of flirting.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Get real people.Everyone has issues.Being an adult means having some kind of baggage.So no you are not a good guy! Also,no "good" guy in the history of the world ever referred to himself as a good guy.i think everyone here would have a better shot with the ladies if they started accepting their flaws and were a man about it
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The whole "badboy" thing is seen as "Dangerous" and "naughty" and SOME women thrive off that.

Then some women like to be treated correctly - Depends on the type of women you go for.

Friendzoned is not a bad thing, especially if you want friendships - I mean, When you get friendzoned, you see that friend with their partners and think "Dang, I had a lucky escape" unless youre in it for 1 thing mind you ;)

This is just hilarious.....Such a relief to see that you're here to speak up for an entire gender (that you do not belong to) and in a way that shows you have the mentality of a nine year old.

"Friendzoned is not a bad thing, especially if you want friendships"

Genius, just absolute genius.
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    No, please don't become creepy! It's because of creeps that I'm staying away from the forums as much as possible. Nice / good guys *ARE* appreciated by many women! :)
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good to the point that you don't turn into a women!!!