Good guy!

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Another desperate topic from poor old desperate runner, lol!

Is being a good guy really such a bad thing? Maybe I should be more creepy!! That seems to be the in thing around here!

I don't know any women or girls who like creepy men. I prefer a man who is not afraid to speak his mind and isn't afraid to go after what he wants. I like my men a little rugged. I guess I like the bad boys.

Sounds to me like you want a confident man.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Here we go again....

There's a saying!! "If you got nothing to say, don't say nothing"!! Just saying!!

Atta boy! That's not how a "Good guy" would react. You're almost there.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Sounds like you are trying to make things happen when they are not ready to happen. Life is only what make of what is given to you not want you try to force out of it. Those that think they go out and take. They do not take because they force they take because the opportunity has shown for them they didn't MAKE anything happen. Same will apply to you.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Found this AWESOME article that may help you out.

http://www.askmen.com/dating/dating_advice_500/500_why-girls-like-bad-boys-more.html

Happy reading!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    "Good Guy"

embarassed-for-you.gif

I cringe when I hear that term. Its so vague and non descriptive. It is like the term "clean eating".

What makes someone a good guy is pretty subjective isn't it? I am sure we can all agree on certain behaviours that are bad or good, but does exhibiting one or more of these bad traits make someone a "bad guy"? I dunno.

Even if we can all agree on what being a good guy means (impossible imo) then is that enough? I know "good guys" that are broke, boring and awkward.

I don't want to offend, but I think when people say "Why don't women like good guys?" they should really be asking themselves "What can I do to find a good woman?" Don't project your insecurities and stereotype all of woman kind. Look within and see if there is anything you could do to "get out there" more.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Here we go again....

There's a saying!! "If you got nothing to say, don't say nothing"!! Just saying!!
    Actually she did say something. You just missed it.. Just sayin...
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    No, please don't become creepy! It's because of creeps that I'm staying away from the forums as much as possible. Nice / good guys *ARE* appreciated by many women! :)
    In my experience, the guys good at getting girls are the one that have mastered the art of being 'creepy' ;).
    The guys that scare the girls are the possibly more 'genuine' ones that aren't so practiced in manipulating emotions!

Me; sadly I generally know enough not to be the latter but not enough to be the former :(.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    I'd much rather have a good guy who knows how to treat a lady. However, keep the manners out of the bedroom, please! :devil:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    this thread is so full of emo.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Another desperate topic from poor old desperate runner, lol!

Is being a good guy really such a bad thing? Maybe I should be more creepy!! That seems to be the in thing around here!

lol. I know the feeling. I try creepy and I get, "your are too funny (or cute)." Gah.....I'm too nice, methinks.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    this thread is so full of emo.

Emodadandson.jpg
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Here we go again....

Actually she did say something. You just missed it.. Just sayin...

Don't know if that was a joke or not, but either way, it's quite funny!!:laugh:
  • Ninguneado73
    Ninguneado73 Posts: 832
    I am sorry....wasn't there a thread like this, with the same protagonists, with the same subject (creepiness) a few weeks ago?....
  • My beautiful friend are kind a strong sensitive is not a plus lol,like stress under training areas beautiful inside and i'm part of them
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    I am sorry....wasn't there a thread like this, with the same protagonists, with the same subject (creepiness) a few weeks ago?....
    are you thinking about the one where the OP was accused of pm creepiness on multiple women?
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Always a good thing. BUT if you talk about how you're such a good/nice guy, you probably aren't so much.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    The friend zone doesn't exist. It's a figment of your imagination.

You're either friends with a person or your not. If you're hanging around with someone pretending to be their friend when your intent is different and you are playing a game to see if you can eventually "win" them then you are missing it out and doing yourself and the objection of your affection a disservice.

Be a friend. A good friend. Friendship brings you some of the greatest, most beautiful blessings that life has to offer. Seek out other people who are attracted to you. However, you may find that during the course of people's lives that feelings change and the girl who once wanted to be your friend then wants to be more. Or not.

Don't hold yourselves back. Live. Keep growing. Accept the highs and the lows and one day you will find someone right for you.

I promise.

This person speaks the truth, yo.

And if you find yourself "friendzoned" and don't want to be - tell her. Be honest. Be honest. Be brave. And be willing to take care of yourself. If you find yourself giving more than you are able to, cut back.

Just don't sit there collecting resentments against her and everything else with a vagina. You're a grown man with the full capability to take care of yourself. Do so.

Well said! If being a good guy means being too passive to make a move or show interest, then yeah you're right, we generally don't want that. But you can be a good guy and still be assertive.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 862 Member
    Get real people.Everyone has issues.Being an adult means having some kind of baggage.So no you are not a good guy! Also,no "good" guy in the history of the world ever referred to himself as a good guy.i think everyone here would have a better shot with the ladies if they started accepting their flaws and were a man about it

QFT ;)

(married to a proper good guy)
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    You don't want the girls who are attracted to bad boys anyway :)

139.gif
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    My fiancr is a good, genuine, respectful guy and Im with him! Lol. Just be yourself, love will come.