what can i add to my eggs?

Options

Replies

• StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon mixed into scrambled eggs is one of my favorites. Or asparagus dipped into to a runny egg xx yummy xx
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't really like eggs but I will. What kind of low calorie food can I add, besides veggies? :)

turkey or chicken
    spinach
    onion
    a little Asiago cheese
    mushroom
    garlic
    black pepper

You are welcome. B)
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I eat them scrambled with mushrooms, bell peppers, and cheese, then when they're done I fold in some avocado and top with Sriracha
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat food you don't like.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I second the 'if you don't like it, don't eat it'. There are plenty of other foods out there.

You can try to cook them another way though. More often than not lately, the idea of an omelet makes me gag, but I love fried eggs (or sunny side. Not sure what people call them nowadays... with the yolk still runny)... with a piece of bread to pick up the yolk, or with some refried beans. Tasty!

And I use eggs in French toast, or breakfast burritos, or I add a fried egg when I make a ham and cheese pancake sandwich (I use kodiak power cakes - it turns out great!) or crepes.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm a sriracha and eggs man. Sometimes I use Valentina black, that's really hot. I'd add stuff like onions and mushrooms if I weren't so lazy.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Curry egg! There are lots of recipes and different type of curry eggs out there!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    If you don't really like eggs, why force yourself to eat them?

This. I love eggs and eat them most mornings (with vegetables, feta cheese, and either smoked salmon or cottage cheese, usually), but I absolutely would not waste a meal on them if I did not like them.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Fresh herbs chopped fine is delicious!
    A couple tablespoons ricotta cheese.
    Garlic chopped to taste.
    Tomato bruschetta mixed in is yum.
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    5 Egg whites scrambled, one package of instant grits, 1/4 cup grated cheese, sriracha sauce
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    The only non vegetable add in I can think of.. Leftover pizza and eggs are a great combo. But heavy on the calories. Great hangover food.
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    How about adding some oil, flour, vanilla, cocoa powder, and butter, and making a cake? ;o

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I posted a recipe for Crustless spinach quiche in the recipe section. It's so good. Try it out.
    A quiche without crust is like pizza without dough :'(

Or like a frittata, without starting it on the stove.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I posted a recipe for Crustless spinach quiche in the recipe section. It's so good. Try it out.
    A quiche without crust is like pizza without dough :'(

@cutaway_collar

Did you read the recipe? Don't knock it until you try it. It sort of has a cheddar cheese "crust" and in no way can you compare it to pizza without dough, hope, not even close! This quiche is amazing! Everyone who has tried it has loved it.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    Or just a beautiful, gorgeous, soft boiled egg like the Europeans do!

It's just so dang civil and tasty...

27360300145_909b9cd162_o.jpg

• hollyrayburn
    Options
    Or just a beautiful, gorgeous, soft boiled egg like the Europeans do!

It's just so dang civil and tasty...

27360300145_909b9cd162_o.jpg

Oh no! No runny egg! Lol! Even scrambled gotta be cooked so hard they bounce! :wink:
  • SingingSingleTracker
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Oh no! No runny egg! Lol! Even scrambled gotta be cooked so hard they bounce! :wink:

If you ever live in Europe, or visit for an extended time, you would adapt.

They are not "runny", they are soft boiled and of course if you cook it yourself, the time it spends in the boiling water dictates how soft or how hard the egg turns out.

That being said, I like eggs of all types, but scrambled happens to be the worst form in terms of preserving the nutrients and antioxidants of the egg. Soft boiled and poached are the best nutrition bang for the buck with eggs. http://thepaleofix.com/7-ways-how-to-cook-eggs

Maybe the Europeans have it figured out with their civil and nutritional approach to eating a soft boiled egg at breakfast. B)
  • marcikr
    marcikr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use just the egg whites (store brand) and add a 'no sodium added' seasoning. I use Victorian Epicure seasonings but there are many out there. I love italian style and wrap it in a warm tortilla!
  • clonesjer
    clonesjer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really like breakfast sandwiches, but to be healthier I've been using the "ultrathin" sliced cheese to cut that calories by a third, and I use the mini-bagels, to cut the bread by a third. Otherwise just over-easy egg, some pico, and whatever meat I have available usually ham or turkey.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I would go ahead and learn to like eggs, with the yolks, because of the nutrients in egg yolks. You can make protein powder pancakes, coconut flour pancakes (super high in fiber), or banana pancakes if you don't like them as eggs. I like my scrambled eggs with avocado or smoked salmon.

Chilaquiles are another option: scrambled eggs (or cooked any way you want) and tossed with beans, cheese, salsa, and corn tortillas. I add avocado.