what can i add to my eggs?

Options
I don't really like eggs but I will. What kind of low calorie food can I add, besides veggies? :)

Replies

• kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Salsa!! And/or skim milk cheese.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    try scrambling them with some cottage cheese-- makes them creamier and delish!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Salsa or hot sauce.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    If you don't really like eggs, why force yourself to eat them? Two eggs is 140-160 calories, 10g fat, and 12-14g of protein. Are you low on fat or protein for the day? You can think of other things to eat that will keep you full and meet those macronutrient goals.

But if you do end up liking eggs, you can add literally anything. I've even made SWEET egg white omelets before with a protein powder frosting and peanut butter. For savory eggs I do love vegetables but you can get creative.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    2 egg whites
    3 oz zero fat Greek yogurt
    1 scoop of your favorite protein

This will cook like pancakes and very edible. Next time I do these I'm going to add a hair of vanilla.
  • MrOtto2016
    MrOtto2016 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Frank's hot sauce is great. No calories but heavy on the sodium...
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I use the egg whites (All whites or Eggbeaters in a box) and use 1/3 cup for 50 calories (which is equivalent to 2 large eggs). I scramble them (no milk) with green onions, 1/8 cup diced ham chunks (I use Kroger brand), and 1/8 cup of fat free shredded mozzarella cheese. This only comes to 92 calories!! I will typically add a Thomas High fiber 100 calorie english muffin and some fresh fruit to it.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    If I didn't like eggs, I wouldn't eat them.
  • jcamr
    jcamr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning. Good on other things as well. https://www.tonychachere.com
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I posted a recipe for Crustless spinach quiche in the recipe section. It's so good. Try it out.
  • cdarned
    cdarned Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes and topped with salsa. Yum
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    1 squished banana 2 eggs and a little cinnamon, Banana "pancakes" Its like french toast sort of, You know the middle bite of the bread? yumm
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    cdarned wrote: »
    Bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes and topped with salsa. Yum

I do the same, plus cheddar cheese and shredded or diced carrots.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hi...I think it's a matter of how you cook them. First of all, being a New Yorker, I think there is nothing on God's great Earth so exalted as the NY Deli Bacon (or Sausage) Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll...truly one of the Crown Princes of Food! OK, maybe not such great weight loss food!

The thing about cooking eggs is 1) not to overcook them, 2) not to undercook them, and 3) to use enough fat to make them creamy. Adding milk or yogurt will make your eggs tough; add a Tbsp. of water per 3 eggs to get a smoother scramble or omelet, and always cook them in butter.

If you want scrambled eggs to die for, try this:

Take a Tbsp. (cube) of butter and put in the freezer. When it's hard enough to cut easily, cut it in tiny cubes, maybe 1/8 inch.

Beat the eggs until smooth, then fold in the cubed butter. Melt a second Tbsp. of butter in a hot pan. When the butter 'blooms', or foams, cook the eggs, stirring constantly, until firm but still glossy.

Serve with bacon and grits, and maybe you will live to 116, like Susannah Mushatt Jones!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i refuse to eat anything i dont like regardless of the macro or micro.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Crack an egg Into the center of half an Avacado with the seed removed. Add whatever spiced you like and bake until the egg reaches whatever level of done -ness you like!!!
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Just don't.
    I was pushing myself to eat egg whites for the low cal protein even though didn't like them. Now they positively make me nauseous. Was not worth it :s
  • PhilP0wer
    PhilP0wer Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I add diced habaneros and cheese to mine. The hot peppers totally change the experience of eating them :) Much more interesting
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    Crack an egg Into the center of half an Avacado with the seed removed. Add whatever spiced you like and bake until the egg reaches whatever level of done -ness you like!!!

This. Sounds. AWESOME!!! What temperature, and about how long do you recommend? Also, do you cook it in the skin? I want this for breakfast ASAP!
  • ImWithHer
    ImWithHer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I add green onion to scrambled eggs. Yum! If I'm just eating egg whites, I cook them up flat like a tortilla then roll it up an eat it as fast as possible.