Logging food.

Hey! Need some help.

I work night shifts so sometimes I am a wake all day and night so I eat a lot how should I logg it?
Is it OK to logg 3 brekfast or maybe it doesn't matter how I logg it?
Next question, I've been eating healthy for 8 weeks and lost 1 kg witch is really disappointing so I'm doing something wrong.
Everyone tells me to scale my food and it will help so I will try this but how should I know how much I can eat? Should I scale and just eat it or how dose it work?

Replies

• an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    When you eat, doesn't really matter. I changed all of the headings on mine anyway.

What you need to concentrate on is 1) accurately measuring/weighing your food 2) and recording it.

Most people, myself especially, don't realize how much we're really eating. A handful or two of raisins can pack quite a few calories, or a chip here and there the same.

Unlike a lot of folks I don't really plan my meals out that much. My rule of thumb is a light breakfast (10-20% of my calories), a light lunch (10-20%), a snack (5-10%), dinner (30-50%), and then a late night snack (whatever's left).

Also, keep in mind that losing weight is tougher the less you have to lose (I don't know where you're at, or what you want to get to but if you're close to your ideal weight those last 10 lbs are horrible)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Eating healthy has less to do with weight loss than eating in a calorie deficit. Purchase a food scale, log the weights of the food you eat up to the total calories MFP gives you, and you should lose.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    AngelicaSamuelsson92 Posts: 46 Member
    Okej.
    Yes I have noticed that it is very hard
    I have to loose 13 lbs before Christmas and 22 before summer at last that's my goal.
    How about the workout? Any advice
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    AngelicaSamuelsson92 Posts: 46 Member
    That post was really good.
  • rosetyler251957
    rosetyler251957 Posts: 1 Member
    i like to log my food for each meal, where do i log in at to do that
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    i like to log my food for each meal, where do i log in at to do that

click on "myfitnesspal" at the top, then "Food"
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    MFP will support recording 6 meals/day. You can name them whatever you want.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    I changed the names of my "meals" to blocks of time. That might be something that would work for you. :)
  • azcoolmom
    azcoolmom Posts: 4 Member
    I no longer think of things as being “breakfast food”. I may eat leftovers from dinner in the morning. I also find if I drop too low in calories, I stop losing. I always click “complete” at the end of each day. If my calories are too low, the app tells me. Hang in there. It’s about finding a way of eating that is sustainable, and MFP has lots of suggestions for how to make that happen.