Desperately Seeking UK friends....

Options
CatsSayMew
CatsSayMew Posts: 6 Member
Well not desperate....I'm not weird or anything :p but I am starting today (was here once before, ending up quitting and deleting my account to try and hide the evidence of ever starting!) and I am SO determined to make changes.

I have 3.5 stone to lose to get back close to my old weight. So, any UK folks want to pal up to encourage and motivate?

Anyone feel free to friend me by the way, only mentioning UK as time zones mean we're on around the same time more often :)

Replies

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am UK-based, and happy to help, but not the most "diplomatic" of people :( ... I can encourage, but the motivation to do this needs to be yours ... it is the difference of state of mind between "I think I want to do this" with "I have to do this" which makes this successful I think. Also what helps is to see it as a change of lifestyle rather than as a diet
  • CatsSayMew
    Options
    Absolutely....I even paused as I wrote motivation as that can imply 'I need people motivate me' but I think linking with likeminded people on a similar journey can be motivating in itself. I don't do diets. Most of my life I have been fit and healthy and that's all I want to get back to. I'll send a friend request and look forward to seeing your lack of diplomacy :wink:
  • cyclingbev
    cyclingbev Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In a similar situation, usually active and food aware but due to illness a year ago and family illness which is ongoing, I seem to have added food as a comforter!!

UK born and bred also like a bit of straight talk when its helpful
  • GordonDance
    GordonDance Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    in the same boat myself , usually very knowledgeable about fitess and nutrition however having fallen into a bit of a rough patch and now getting back on the wagon to shift the weight and get back to my old weight .
    I'm always around for support and help
  • CatsSayMew
    Options
    Friend requests on their way!
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in UK! I love seeing other UK diaries to steal food ideas from!!!! :)
  • CatsSayMew
    Options
    Me too! Friend request sent :)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm from the uk if you want to add me to your friends list.
  • GeorgiaM2015
    GeorgiaM2015 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Also in the UK. Feel free to add :)
  • FionaPlum
    FionaPlum Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want guys. I'm on day 12 of a 1300 calorie diet. Started at 13st 3 lbs and had just tipped onto the obese BMI so am wanting to get that more squarely in the overweight range and then hopefully in the healthy range. Healthy range for my height is 7st 13 to 10 St 11. I might not be able to help so much with the calorie counting at the moment as I've started off on the Slim Fast route but I'm full of encouragement! I intend to switch to the 5 2 to lose the last chunk of weight and to maintain when I've lost a bit on Slim Fast first.
  • CatsSayMew
    Options
    Hi! Friend request on its way to each of you :)
  • YRUBDARB
    YRUBDARB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in the same boat, London based and starting afresh after a long break - and currently my feed is looking pretty sparse, feel free to add me
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    CatsSayMew wrote: »
    Well not desperate....I'm not weird or anything :p

And what's wrong with being weird?
    iofred wrote: »
    I am UK-based, and happy to help, but not the most "diplomatic" of people :( ... I can encourage, but the motivation to do this needs to be yours ... it is the difference of state of mind between "I think I want to do this" with "I have to do this" which makes this successful I think. Also what helps is to see it as a change of lifestyle rather than as a diet

I've always turned down offers of "I'll motivate you/you motivate me" from people. I've got myself covered, it's not so much motivation as much as it is being able to push yourself and get into a routine. Nobody is ever going to say something that makes you do something you don't want to do. Besides, if someone is so convinced they can motivate someone else, why can't they do that to themselves? Lead by example.
  • Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm from Scotland, anyone is welcome to add me. I know the feeling I disappeared from here for way too long haha I thought about making a new fresh account but I guess its all part of the journey, right? I'm back on track now, going to stick it out this time!
  • Shellie1001
    Shellie1001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Based in Poole, Dorset - feel free to add and I'll do my best to help :) lots to lose myself so always happy to receive tips etc.
  • geordielou232511
    geordielou232511 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK just started back up after a bit of a blip. Previously lost 5 stone but put a little back on due to unhealthy choices. I'm back on it and have started doing some home exercise dvd's. I've also just bought a Fit Bit HR (waiting for it to arrive). I would love to loose around 1.5-2 stone xx it would be lovely to share with a few pals to help along the journey xx :)
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and looking to lose about 2 stone - I also lost the weight and put it back on, so trying again. On a bit of a plateau at the moment, so always nice to see diary entry ideas from other UK friends :)
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm also looking for uk friends. I'm in South Yorkshire. Previously very active but two injuries in the last year had a massive impact on me. Back on it now and loving the app. Feel free to add
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK too!!!!! From Newcastle