How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
How often do you weigh yourself?

I have a love-hate relationship with my scale... And I'm afraid if I do it every day and I'm not seeing the progress I want, it'll be more hate than love.

Also, any other advice on learning to recognize NSV's is much appreciated. Feel free to add me-- 'm new and need friends!

Xo, Ashley

Replies

• 120goalzz
    120goalzz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Almost every day! But I try to do it once a week. It's not good cause I get so upset when the number isn't what I had hoped.
  • sunnysn2015
    sunnysn2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best to weight yourself everyday in the morning before a meal but it won’t be a straight line trend it will go up and down everyday (this is not a bad thing its water weight), measure your waist line. Over weeks I can gain a pound of muscle and lose a pound of fat id still weight the same but the measuring tape will speak the truth.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Every day
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Every morning, and track my weight in Trendweight.com
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

Why Trendweight instead of MFP? Just curious.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »

Why Trendweight instead of MFP? Just curious.

My weight gets added here too.

Trendweight is a weight tracking app, it smooths out the fluctuations and tells you exactly how much you're losing every week. It eliminates the water retention noise.

• MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How?
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Every hour on the hour. No, I hit it first thing every morning, although I probably should make that every 3 days or so, cause I think too much about it. And hell, I weigh what I weigh, me observing it doesn't change it. Like the physics thing!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    when i'm doing well, i weigh myself about every time i pass the scale. not so well? every week or two...
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Too often. Probably 3-5x a week... I have been the same weight for the past 5 days. I weigh myself morning and night.. and I finally am 2lbs lower tonight than I was this morning. Curious if it will stick for tomorrow. I was really in a rut for the past 5 days about my weight not changing but now I am really excited to think the scale has moved.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a day - first in the morning & after dinner.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    3-4x a week with no really set schedule. I weighed daily when I was losing, but have backed off that a bit in maintenance
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you weigh in every day, track it on a weigh app so you can see the overall trend and that it is going downward.

If you can't handle fluctuations which are normal then daily weigh ins are not for you, stick to once a week/fortnight.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a week, but my scales broke, so won't be buying any for a couple of weeks, see how my weight loss goes and I'll just go by how I feel and how my clothes fit. As long as I have a deficit there's no reason why I shouldn't lose.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I weigh Once a week. Daily weigh in's can be frustrating due to weight fluctuations depending on if I had foods with sodium the night before.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Twice a week (Wed / Sun).
    But I am comparing only values that are at least a week apart. This way flattening out "normal" disturbances.