June 5th .........4.5 miles ...........Total 8.25
    June 11th........4.35 miles .........Total 12.60
    June 12th........4.93 miles .........Total 17.53
    June 14th........3.48 miles .........Total 21.01
    June 15th........4.35 miles .........Total 25.36
  • biscuitnow
    biscuitnow Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The thunderstorm we'd been promised never arrived yesterday and I couldn't find the motivation to get out and go running. Again. But then I thought, hey, @greenolivetree is planning to do it, so I'll just do it too, and left for a run at 6am today. 5K in 37min.

exercise.png

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Falling behind, as I'm back in Florida, and moving units (within my building) tomorrow. Got in a rest day yesterday (just doing a quick pre-lift run yesterday), but got in 4 miles tonight after spending much of the afternoon packing for a small (inside the building) move tomorrow. Stuck with the treadmill though as it was still in the mid 80s this evening once I was ready to run.

6/1 - 4 miles
    6/2 - 8 miles
    6/3 - 13.5 miles
    6/5 - 13.5 miles
    6/6 - 9 miles
    6/7 - 10 miles
    6/9 - 12 miles
    6/10 - 9 miles
    6/11 - 8 miles
    6/12 - 12 miles
    6/13 - 4 miles
    6/14 - 1 mile
    6/15 - 4 miles

Total: 108 miles
    Goal: 200 miles
    Remaining: 92 miles

2016 Race Schedule:
    Disney Marathon - Jan 6 - 3:29:09
    Gasparilla 15K - Feb 20 - 1:01:59
    Ironman 70.3 Florida - Apr 10 - 5:07:51
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 1 - 3:08:25
    Ironman 70.3 Augusta - Sep 25
    Chicago Marathon - Oct 9
    Ironman Florida - Nov 5
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna have to stock my freezer and steal the post-run popsicle idea from @kristinegift :smile:

It's worth it! After my hot run Sunday (not nearly as hot as some of y'all though!), I downed two popsicles back to back!

I can't bring myself to buy popsicles, but now I'm considering deliberately buying too many bananas to freeze the excess when they get ripe. Frozen bananas taste like popsicles, but have fiber and potassium in addition to the sugar.

That's a good idea also! And some frozen grapes, just because :)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    6/1: 5 miles
    6/2: 6.4 miles
    6/3: Rest
    6/4: Lazy
    6/5: 9 miles
    6/6: 5 miles
    6/7: 4 miles
    6/8: 6.5 miles << Wednesday group run
    6/9: 6.4 miles << Thursday PUB RUN!
    6/10: Rest day finally
    6/11: 13.1 << Halfway Half (unofficial)
    6/12: 10 miles
    6/13: 6 miles with Joe2Go crew
    6/14: 6.2 miles << Group runner send off! :'(
    6/15: 5 miles
    6/16: 7 miles
    Group run in the evening!

Met up with a running acquaintance (soon to be running buddy!) today for a tempo run. She works at the competing running store in town, and she's a crazy good runner (her marathon PR is in the 3:10-3:15 realm... a solid 30-40 mins faster than mine!). She heard that I wanted to BQ-or-bust this year, and she needs external motivation to get out the door early in the morning, so we're teaming up :) Today's run started strong after a warm-up mile with a 7:45 and a 7:54, but then we hit some hills, got to chatting, and did our last 3 miles together around an 8:20 pace. Then I got to cruise downhill back to my apartment at a sub-8 pace. Not quite as fast as I'd hoped to run today, but still a good workout -- especially when I consider I've run 6 days in a row and I normally take a break every 2-3 days! One more run tonight and then HALLELUJAH: a rest day!

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    7/4: A 4th of July race somewhere!
    9/11: Lehigh Valley Via Marathon (Allentown, PA)
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon (Philly, PA)

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    6/1- 4.17
    6/2- 5.79
    6/3-Rest
    6/4-12.25
    6/5-Rest
    6/6- Rest
    6/7-5.03
    6/8-Rest
    6/9-5.0
    6/10- Rest
    6/11-10k race
    6/12- Rest/recovery
    6/13- Rest
    6/14- 9.12
    6/15- 4.02
    6/16- 6.7

Total: 58.13/100

Notes on today's run: Today's assignment was 2x2miles at Tempo Interval pace with 4 minute recovery. I ran an easy 1 mile warm up at 10:54. For my first 2 mile interval, I ended up running it in 18:38 (9:19/mile) 4 minutes of recovery at 11:27 put me in great shape to run the second interval in 18:34 (9:17/ mile). To cool down, I had another easy 4 minute recovery period followed by an easy 1 mile jog. All in all a pretty good workout.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    pthyay wrote: »
    The thunderstorm we'd been promised never arrived yesterday and I couldn't find the motivation to get out and go running. Again. But then I thought, hey, @greenolivetree is planning to do it, so I'll just do it too, and left for a run at 6am today. 5K in 37min.

exercise.png

Woohoo!
  • DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    6/4 -- 1.71miles -- jog/ walk with Pandora the puppy
    6/5-- rest
    6/6-- 1.5 miles -- jog/ walk on the treadmill (asthma flared up - suck)
    6/7--rest--sick with a cold
    6/8--1.71 miles--jog/ walk with Pan (mostly jogging -yay! a bit wheezy but managed to keep going through it)
    6/9--weights & elliptical
    6/10--2 miles--jog/ walk on treadmill
    6/11--rest day/ dog walking (not counting miles)
    6/13--2 miles--jog/ walk on treadmill
    6/15--1.71 miles--jog/walk with Pan (mostly jogging alternated with Pan stopping to sniff/ play/ roll in the grass :smile: Was very hot & humid at 7pm)

Total: 10.63 miles done, 9.37 miles to go
  • DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    tacosticks wrote: »
    Got surgery on my wisdom teeth yesterday(Tuesday), so I'm not allowed to do any exercise until the follow-up next week. HOWEVER, I broke 10k on Monday! Yay!!!
    Only figured out the math this afternoon, now back to marathoning(lol) Bob Ross and icing my face :)

exercise.png

Good for you on completing 10k! Feel better soon!

@Elise4270 Very interesting re: your career & background
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    01-Jun: 3.28 miles
    02-Jun: 6.88 miles
    03-Jun: 6.89 miles
    04-Jun: 7.75 miles
    05-Jun: <Life Day>
    06-Jun: 9.44 miles
    07-Jun: 5.31 miles
    08-Jun: 3.52 miles
    09-Jun: 5.60 miles plus 1.01 miles (walk)
    10-Jun:
    11-Jun: 6.56 miles
    12-Jun: <Life Day>
    13-Jun: 6.00 miles (including 2.4 dreadmill)
    14-Jun: 7.37 miles (including 3.83 dreadmill)
    15-Jun: 3.10 miles
    16-Jun: 3.46 miles
    17-Jun:
    18-Jun:
    19-Jun: <Life Day>
    20-Jun:
    21-Jun:
    22-Jun:
    23-Jun:
    24-Jun:
    25-Jun:
    26-Jun: <Life Day>
    27-Jun:
    28-Jun:
    29-Jun:
    30-Jun:

Upcoming Races:
    25-Jun: Cornerstone 5K, Byron *OR*
    Xtra K for the Kids 6K, ACE, Macon
    04-Jul: Peachtree Road Race 10K, Atlanta, GA
    13-Aug: Apple-a-Day 5K, Macon
    05-Sep: Labor Day Road Race 10K
    17-Sep: Joshua's Wish 5K
    24-Sep: Georgia Golden Olympics 5K
    22-Oct: S.C.A.R.E. 5K, Macon

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 5.11 miles on National / Global Running Day! Woot!
    6/2 - 4.55 miles. Gorgeous morning!
    6/3 - Pre-HM rest day. Too bad, it is a beautiful morning! So, I am drinking extra water and I ate donuts!
    6/4 - 13.3 miles at Dam to Dam Half. It was sunny and hot. Sun was brutal. Running was pretty good, but my splits went up gradually over the final 4 miles. Atmosphere was good pre and post-race. Had fun!
    6/5 - Rest day + lots of kids' sports.
    6/6 - 4.01 mile "recovery" run. I am not good at intentionally keeping my pace slow. I intended 9-9.5 minute miles.
    6/7 - 5.35 miles. Longer than intended, because I didn't plan my route and had to get back home. Oh well, bonus 0.85 mile.
    6/8 - 3.3 miles on treadmill, then upper body weights and abs.
    6/9 - 4.5 miles on treadmill (Trek class). Cut it a bit short as a pain in my "hip" was causing me to alter my stride. Not sure where it came from, hoping it was just sore.
    6/10 - 3.78 miles in the hot, humid weather. It was 73° at 5 a.m.! Again, shortened due to hip pain. Dr. Google says it might be greater trochanteric bursitis. Anti-inflammatories, extra ITB and hammy stretches and a reduction in mileage are in order.
    6/11 - Rest day, plus stretches and anti-inflammatory med. Lots of housework though.
    6/12 - Ditto.
    6/13 - 3.5 miles, still hot and humid. Again, hip pain started. This time, I stopped immediately.
    6/14 - Decided I am going to take a break for a week or two, try to start July fresh. So, today I went to a Bodypump class and then rode a stationary bike. Gonna be sore.
    6/15 - Sore! Went light with the weights in Bodypump, still shuffling like an old man. I used to do it 2-3 days a week, but kinda dropped off about 18 months ago.
    6/16 - Still sore, but went back to Bodypump and the stationary bike. I miss running :-(
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Was able to put in two miles yesterday. Knees felt okay. I think giving them a few days rest did them some good. Gonna keep going easy for a while, just a slow pace.

exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I think waking up at 5:15 the past 2 mornings has me tired. Gonna have to go to bed earlier. I was barely going through the motions this morning for a 45 min cardio workout and in fact quit after 30 mins. I'm not usually a quitter :blush:

@karllundy Running misses you too :(

@Stoshew71 I'll pretend I didn't read that you are trying to hit a weekly mileage that is my monthly high.

@RespectTheKitty Good to hear your knees are feeling better.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 3 miles
    6/2 - zip
    6/3 - 5 miles
    6/4 - 5 miles (I did 2 miles of intervals with my friend then walked 2 miles with her) after that I ran 3 miles with Skip so I'm going to count 5 miles
    6/5 - 5 miles
    6/6 - rest
    6/7 - 7 miles
    6/8 - 5 miles another perfect morning to run!
    6/9 - 4 miles loving the weather woohoo!!!
    6/10 - rest day rest day I hate rest days but I need to do a long(est) run tomorrow so it's rest day rest day
    6/11 - 6 miles 80F at start of run almost 90F when we were done...hot hot hot
    6/12 - 5 miles by myself and then 5 miles of intervals with my friend so I'm going to call it 8 miles - another way hot one :cold_sweat:
    6/13 - rest day after running and working over the weekend for 10 hours scrubbing the liner of my pool and shop vac'ing all the water out of the bottom, my body said *kitten* no we are not moving when the alarm went off. :smile:
    6/14 - 5 miles with Skip this morning :heart:
    6/15 - 3 miles with the girl
    6/16 - 5 miles

61 of 100 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna have to stock my freezer and steal the post-run popsicle idea from @kristinegift :smile:

It's worth it! After my hot run Sunday (not nearly as hot as some of y'all though!), I downed two popsicles back to back!

I can't bring myself to buy popsicles, but now I'm considering deliberately buying too many bananas to freeze the excess when they get ripe. Frozen bananas taste like popsicles, but have fiber and potassium in addition to the sugar.

@mobycarp Skip freezes bananas too and eats them after she runs, sometimes she'll drizzle chocolate syrup on them too.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Frozen bananas are yum!

I have also heard that frozen grapes are yummy too, but I still have yet to try them.

As for popsicles, they were a true savior for my friend in our May marathon. Temps were well above the forecast and a local running store had a tent set up at mile 18 with a cooler full of popsicles and bottles of coke for anyone to take. That is literally what got my friend through to the end.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @greenolivetree waking up early takes a lot of getting used to. I wake up between 0400 and 0430 for my weekday runs and somewhere around 0500 for my Saturday long runs. It took a long time for me to get comfortable doing, it, but I really enjoy it now. Nobody is on the road, so I can run in the road, instead of on the shoulder.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @greenolivetree

It took some persistent training and patience to build up to where I am. That, some luck with the injuring bug not biting, and a crazy fascination to run a bunch of miles against the editorial comments I get from my fellow irl runners who think I am crazy for consistently running this many miles. Everyone always asks me, what marathon is comng up that you are training so heavily for. When I tell them the one in December, I get crazy looks.

It takes a lot of my free time tho, I have to admit. And I have to get up super early and use my lunch hour at work to fit it all in. Which means I go to bed early too. I now have an evening ritual of making my lunch the night before, and pack my bag the night before for everything I need that day. Change of work clothes. A second pair of running gear if I am doing a daily double. A clean dry towel for the shower after my run(s).

And I wasn't always a morning person either. Running changed all of that over time.
  • DrLauraDVM16
    DrLauraDVM16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Got up before the sun to plug out another 4 miles. I was blaming the wind for my sluggishness (I HATE running in wind) until later in the morning when I realised the air was thick with smoke blowing in from New Mexico and Arizona. The next few days won't be fun, especially with temps in the mid to high 90s. Ugh...I hate summer.

So here's a question for the collective brain trust: what IS the difference between a runner and a jogger?!