Tom Brady Diet

Options

Replies

• determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    He doesn't eat nightshades, which means no bell peppers or tomatoes. That's about 50% of my veg intake out the window! I wouldn't be able to do it, but good on him for the discipline.

"Discipline" not to eat bell peppers or tomatoes? I'm sorry but ...no.

I would hate to quit eating peppers and tomatoes. So it would take discipline for me. It's just such misplaced effort!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Linking to that brilliant piece again, with a choice quote:

"Tom Brady is on a *kitten* diet.

"Campbell has managed to fit in every single piece of dietary insanity on the planet into one meal plan. It's borderline impressive how someone can cram so much non-scientifically based information, fear-mongering of healthy foods, and just plain old *kitten* into one neatly tied, organically wrapped package. Yes, the diet may sound healthy, given that it's loaded up on fruits and vegetables. But it also cuts out so much food that it's composed of more air than fiber."
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    He doesn't eat nightshades, which means no bell peppers or tomatoes. That's about 50% of my veg intake out the window! I wouldn't be able to do it, but good on him for the discipline.

I would hate to quit eating peppers and tomatoes. So it would take discipline for me. It's just such misplaced effort!

It sounds like absolute madness.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

It sounds like absolute madness.

+1

• queguera
    queguera Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Linking to that brilliant piece again, with a choice quote:

"Tom Brady is on a *kitten* diet.

"Campbell has managed to fit in every single piece of dietary insanity on the planet into one meal plan. It's borderline impressive how someone can cram so much non-scientifically based information, fear-mongering of healthy foods, and just plain old *kitten* into one neatly tied, organically wrapped package. Yes, the diet may sound healthy, given that it's loaded up on fruits and vegetables. But it also cuts out so much food that it's composed of more air than fiber."

That's hilarious! It's amazing how these charlatans can get serious clout with nothing more than an online-certification in nonsense.

Although I do remember that Tom Brady listed his favorite dish in Boston as the bolognese from a local Italian restaurant in his neighborhood. So I guess he does occasionally eat tomatoes, saturated fats and gluten... naughty, naughty! :D
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Frankly, as someone who believes that many diets can contribute to health and fitness, this annoys me. I don't WANT Mr. "Raw Macaroons" who thinks Coke is poison to get better results with his diet than Rodgers gets with an 80/20 approach. It perpetuates myths about what is healthy and necessary for peak health and fitness! Or maybe they aren't all myths...?
    What do others think?

I don't know anything about Tom Brady's diet, but as a healthy individual more than decade older than Mr. Deflategate, I don't think that the level (sounds like 100% "healthy foods"??) is necessary. I don't believe there is a certain percentage of healthy vs. unhealthy that works for everyone. Other lifestyle factors are just as important.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't know who that guy is, but it sounds more like he's blessed with good genes rather than it being to do with his diet alone.
  • determined_14
    Options
    You guys! The crazy continues! :|
    Aaron Rodgers: New Diet To Prolong Football Career Lacks One Main Wisconsin Asset - Inquisitr News
    https://apple.news/AuvYazXrAP52qcxBANZ4nKQ
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Aaron Rodgers: New Diet To Prolong Football Career Lacks One Main Wisconsin Asset - Inquisitr News

That's hilarious. Rodgers disses WI.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    5e5d84a43d133531a4e55cefe1520383.jpg

I know this was meant as a joke, but I really can't help pointing out that there are only 7 official wonders of the world, not 8.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I think most of WI would be okay with whatever he eats if he plays at his current level for another 8-10 years or so.
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I read this as the Wayne Brady Diet and was like "what?"
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I think most of WI would be okay with whatever he eats if he plays at his current level for another 8-10 years or so.

Probably. Not saying I'm not jealous. I still love it, though.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Any football nerds out there? And Brady haters? ;)
    Tom Brady is well known for being a nutrition nut: he and/or his trainer actually said this once: "Sometimes we have a treat. Like raw macaroons or avocado ice cream."
    NOT a treat in my book! :s
    But I don't think anyone can deny: the man gets results! To play football at his level, approaching 40 years old...! Aaron Rodgers is on record recently for saying that he is going to approach nutrition more like Brady because as he gets older, his 80/20 approach isn't working as well for him.
    Frankly, as someone who believes that many diets can contribute to health and fitness, this annoys me. I don't WANT Mr. "Raw Macaroons" who thinks Coke is poison to get better results with his diet than Rodgers gets with an 80/20 approach. It perpetuates myths about what is healthy and necessary for peak health and fitness! Or maybe they aren't all myths...?
    What do others think?

I didn't read any of the comments. But!!! I hate Tom Brady. Not going to lie.

I've heard some vague statements about his diet. What I did hear was a bunch of woo (if I remember correctly).

However, I'm a HUGE packers fan. I didn't know Rodgers said that. I don't want him associating with Tom Brady! Ugh!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I do not believe celebrities when they say what they eat. Maybe 60% of what they say is true.
  • determined_14
    Options
    Tom Brady is well known for being a nutrition nut: he and/or his trainer actually said this once: "Sometimes we have a treat. Like raw macaroons or avocado ice cream."
    But I don't think anyone can deny: the man gets results! To play football at his level, approaching 40 years old...! Aaron Rodgers is on record recently for saying that he is going to approach nutrition more like Brady because as he gets older, his 80/20 approach isn't working as well for him.
    What do others think?

I've heard some vague statements about his diet. What I did hear was a bunch of woo (if I remember correctly).

However, I'm a HUGE packers fan. I didn't know Rodgers said that. I don't want him associating with Tom Brady! Ugh!

Brady haters are always welcome! ;) Packer fans... Eh, I guess. Since we're talking about Rodgers here. :P
    (I'm a Detroit fan, so there's that. Secretly hoping that this diet causes Rodgers to fade away to nothing so he can't throw 70-yard Hail Marys anymore. No, I'm not bitter at all.)
    I totally get the "don't copy the patriots!" fervor you feel. Detroit just hired a new GM out of New England. Part of me is like, "Yeah! Take a page from the playbook of the champs!" The rest of me is going, "Anybody but them! :s "
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Lol, Tom Brady is hardly a physical specimen as an athlete. He's lasted so long in the NFL because of his skill and QB smarts, and not because he's a physical player.
    BTW, go to any penitentiary and look that the physiques from inmates. Then look at what they eat daily. It's amazing who efficient the body is at utilizing what food it has available.
    Not saying that nutrition doesn't count, but being perfect in diet is only a small portion of having great health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What do others think?

Brady haters are always welcome! ;) Packer fans... Eh, I guess. Since we're talking about Rodgers here. :P
    (I'm a Detroit fan, so there's that. Secretly hoping that this diet causes Rodgers to fade away to nothing so he can't throw 70-yard Hail Marys anymore. No, I'm not bitter at all.)
    I totally get the "don't copy the patriots!" fervor you feel. Detroit just hired a new GM out of New England. Part of me is like, "Yeah! Take a page from the playbook of the champs!" The rest of me is going, "Anybody but them! :s "

Oh man! Detroit?! I actually feel indifferent towards them. So no worries to that!

Wait, scratch that. I hated Suh (sp?). He played dirty. But he was traded to the Dolphins, which made me SO sad! I love the Dolphins even though they are pretty terrible lately. They were my moms favorite team and I know she'd be sad to see that dude on the Dolphins!

And with Rodgers, I'm not going to lie but I feel like he's a delicate flower sometimes. He is absolutely fabulous but I'm always nervous that he'll get hurt!!

Let Tom Brady do his weird diet! Don't let his weird ideas infect Rodgers too!!!! Hahaha
  • mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Detroit fans are the most pathetic fans. :'(

From- a life long Motor City Kitties fan.
  • determined_14
    Options
    What do others think?

Oh man! Detroit?! I actually feel indifferent towards them. So no worries to that!

Wait, scratch that. I hated Suh (sp?). He played dirty. But he was traded to the Dolphins, which made me SO sad! I love the Dolphins even though they are pretty terrible lately. They were my moms favorite team and I know she'd be sad to see that dude on the Dolphins!

And with Rodgers, I'm not going to lie but I feel like he's a delicate flower sometimes. He is absolutely fabulous but I'm always nervous that he'll get hurt!!

Let Tom Brady do his weird diet! Don't let his weird ideas infect Rodgers too!!!! Hahaha

There's a bright side to the Suh trade: he gets to beat up on Brady twice a year. ;)