Recomposition

Options
Thanks for your explanation of recomposition. I lost 50 pounds. I want to maintain this weight. But I do not understood the concept of recomposition. You clarify it very good. More muscle mass and less fat. Can I get recomposition without visit a Gym? Please be kind with my english. I am not very fluent.

Replies

• tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am new to maintenance and (somewhat sporadically) working on a recomposition. From what I understand from other users recomposition is possible outside of the gym. I'm currently using bodyweight exercises (squats, pushups, situps etc) to work on this. I have seen results doing this. From what I understand it can be difficult to progress doing these sorts of exercises simply because you can't add weight (from bodyweight alone) when your weight isn't changing. I plan to add dumbell/kettlebell weight to what I can as time goes on and then maybe work towards a pullup. This all seems sufficient to me since I'm not trying to be a body builder.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    ludylourdes, If you go to this thread and start at the beginning you will find most of your questions answered: Recomposition: Maintaining weight while losing fat, Good luck on your journey, you'll make it! B)