Why?

Options
13»

Replies

• Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    OODone wrote: »
    This isn't fun. We just eat taco and before I was even close to finishing to scale everything my boyfriend was done with eating.
    How do you guys do it? :|
    Dump that guy. A real man would wait for you to sit down with him.

He sits down with me but he dosent scale food like I do.
    And that was pretty mean to say.

Clearly there is a cultural barrier between us. Nothing about what I said was mean.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Your #1 mistake - not having patience. You haven't even logged a full week yet! You did go significantly over your calorie goal one day, but you probably did not exceed maintenance. If you're close to your period or on it right now, the weight gain you see is very likely from that.

Stick with it. Give it a month. (Not kidding, it takes me a MONTH to see the scale shift any time I start trying to lose weight. Then I lose 3 lbs in one night and it stays off.) Just keep practicing good habits by weighing and logging, you'll get there.

One question - most of the weights listed are in even grams. 100g, 200g, 50g... When I'm logging things, it usually looks like 57g, 72g, etc. Are you putting all your packaged food on the scale to verify it weighs what the package says it should weigh?

Well it depends on what I drink or eat.
    If I'm drinking smoothies I weight everything
    Like 200 ml milk and 100 g Strawberrys
    In sweden we have a different scale then
    you guys maybe?
    It's like a little coup. And 1 cuop is 100 g.

You can't use a volume measure to get a weight measure. Cups are volume. Grams are weight. The density of the particular food, how large the pieces are (did you cut the strawberries?), how much you pack down the contents of the cup, whether you let the food round up over the edge of the container -- all these things effect the weight of what you're putting in the cup, and it's the weight that matters.