Options
124»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    MissusMoon's "Pizza, Ice Cream, Steak and Wine Diet" book now available at Amazon. Credit Card only. :#

Nope. Just CICO logged faithfully here at MFP along with exercise.

You will never sell it with that attitude! You need to make it sound flashy and fancy, like you've finally discovered the magical secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Lots of exclamation points too, that's attention grabbing) :wink:
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses,

Can I ask - as I'm on Slimfast diet am I not aloud to post on here? And to see if anyone else is doing the same or similar diet? I'm just looking for support - I feel like any of my posts about Slimfast I get a lot of negativity?

I understand everyone has the own opinions on the Slimfast/ meal replacement. Just so you know I started it to loose 7lb. I do eat pretty healthy anyway but I was eating bigger portions and created a lovely little muffin top haha so I started my diet as I was a little short on time - also I have two young children I spend a lot of time in/out going to pre school, toddler groups/ collect from pre sch etc and often don't have much time to prepare a low cal meal for lunch. I'm aware I need to go on to a maintain plan as would anyone once there at there goal! I'm planning on having one meal substituted and try to have a lower cal breakfast or lunch. I used to have a massive bowl of cereal and biscuits so I'm learning that I need to portion control more and cut out high cal snacks.

I do eat a good dinner I don't just have shakes!

Thank you to the supportive posts and the friend requests it's great to have support no matter which diet you choose x

Some people think slim fast is a weight loss scam, but it's really not. I often replace breakfast or lunch with a protein bar and 8 oz of almond milk. It pretty much has the same effect as slim fast. You do what works for you.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If I remember correctly, the Slimfast diet is "a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and a sensible dinner".

So I assume that on the back of the can they tell you what a "sensible dinner" is, encouraging you to weigh it on a food scale and telling you how many calories that dinner should be so that you remain at a caloric deficit. That would be a pretty neat trick, since each person's caloric needs are different, but yeah. I'm sure the plan is great.

Haha, I remember those commercials from what seems like ages ago. I also read one of Tommy LaSorda's books several years ago where he talked about doing the Slim fast plan and being the spokesperson for it. He basically described it as being one of his most awful experiences that gave him the worst gas...but he did lose weight.
    I never had that last problem personally with the gas, but I did find that when I tried to do the shakes years ago, they didn't stay with me and I was hungry all the time. Did I lose weight? Yeah, maybe 5-10 lbs. Did it come back with a vengeance when I gave up the shakes? You betcha.
    I would agree with a previous poster that they aren't really a "scam", per se, but like anything else they are looking to sell their products. If people can do the diet plan and stick with it, as long as they get their proper nutrition from the other food they eat, then more power to them. It wasn't for me personally.
    Plus, you need to have a good plan in place to ensure the weight stays off, which is harder to learn on the shake approach, unless you see yourself drinking shakes for life.
    But, if y'all like it, great. More power to you.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    MissusMoon's "Pizza, Ice Cream, Steak and Wine Diet" book now available at Amazon. Credit Card only. :#

Nope. Just CICO logged faithfully here at MFP along with exercise.

Shhhhh. You don't say that until the end of the book!
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses,

Can I ask - as I'm on Slimfast diet am I not aloud to post on here? And to see if anyone else is doing the same or similar diet? I'm just looking for support - I feel like any of my posts about Slimfast I get a lot of negativity?

I understand everyone has the own opinions on the Slimfast/ meal replacement. Just so you know I started it to loose 7lb. I do eat pretty healthy anyway but I was eating bigger portions and created a lovely little muffin top haha so I started my diet as I was a little short on time - also I have two young children I spend a lot of time in/out going to pre school, toddler groups/ collect from pre sch etc and often don't have much time to prepare a low cal meal for lunch. I'm aware I need to go on to a maintain plan as would anyone once there at there goal! I'm planning on having one meal substituted and try to have a lower cal breakfast or lunch. I used to have a massive bowl of cereal and biscuits so I'm learning that I need to portion control more and cut out high cal snacks.

I do eat a good dinner I don't just have shakes!

Thank you to the supportive posts and the friend requests it's great to have support no matter which diet you choose x

For many of us, an important part of the process was learning how to eat in a way we can sustain in the long-term. So the period of losing is also training for maintenance.

You lose that when two of your three meals are shakes...

At the same time, you did not post because you wanted to be talked out of your plan. Do what works for you. Everyone is different.