Disappearing calories remaining?

Options
kenziedriscoll
kenziedriscoll Posts: 32 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Can someone explain this to me? I think I know why but I want to be sure. Today when I got home I had around 730+ calories remaining. I went for a jog around my neighborhood, and after I had around 1000+. I then walked to pick my son up and when I got back it was at 890ish. What happened? I'm set for sedentary if that matters

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fitness tracker linked to your account? If so that's the issue. It assumes you'll keep jogging for the rest of the day and gives you calories accordingly. When you stop moving it goes oh shoot and starts subtracting...
  • kenziedriscoll
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No, actually i Don't have anything besides my iPhone tracking my steps/exercise that I wear on me throughout the day
  • major_barb
    major_barb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen just using my iPhone too. I read the details and like ready2rock was saying MFP estimates your total days calories burned based on current at any given time of day, so if you are really active earlier in the day and then sedentary- that sometimes messes with it. btw my setting is sedentary.
  • kenziedriscoll
    Options
    major_barb wrote: »
    I've had this happen just using my iPhone too. I read the details and like ready2rock was saying MFP estimates your total days calories burned based on current at any given time of day, so if you are really active earlier in the day and then sedentary- that sometimes messes with it. btw my setting is sedentary.

Thank you. Am I supposed to "enable negative calorie adjustments"? I saw that it's disabled. Or is that only to be enabled if you have another tracking device?