Anyone starting C25K?

Options
I'd like to do a 5K end of July/beginning of August so I downloaded the C25K (couch to 5K) app. Was just wondering if anyone else is using it to train, so we can keep each other motivated, because after day 1 yesterday, I realized it is TOUGH!

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    im going to try to do it soon you can add me if you like
  • clairelouisenewton
    clairelouisenewton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did day one just yesterday so feel free to add me and we can do this
  • iamom507
    iamom507 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mu husband and I are starting it and have the goal of a 5K by early August - happy to cheer you on!
  • ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well done for starting. It's the first step.I finished c25k on Friday. When I started I couldn't manage all the 1 min running intevals. Got to 40 it 50 seconds and I had to walk. On Friday I managed to run 3.5k in 30 mins and today I managed 5 k in 45 mins. You can totally do it... I never thought that 9 weeks later I'd be able to run 5k.
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 and had to walk most of it, so I plan to redo it tomorrow. Feel free to add me.
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting week 5 tomorrow feel free to add me
  • fishy145
    fishy145 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one. Tougher than I expected, but it felt good afterwards!

Do you guys change speeds at all for the running portion? Or do you generally just stick with one speed?
  • HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just started a week ago. Thinking I'm going to do a couple more runs on the week one setting but really enjoying it!
  • Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Would anyone want to have a group to do check ins? I know mine is 3 days a week but it might be a fun place to check back and post progress? Everyone feel free to add me too!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I just finished the program. Don't be afraid to repeat weeks if you have to. It took me three weeks longer to finish the program than planned.
  • ponytail75
    ponytail75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 6... You can do it!! It's a great feeling to be able to do something you never imagined possible.
  • whiskey_14
    whiskey_14 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    just finished week two and my last run was great! This was also the first time I had music with me too.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back up tomorrow. C25k is a great program. If I try to do it on my own I overdue it and get sore knees.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first week and starting week two tomorrow. Like others have said, I was really surprised at how hard it was for me. I thought running for 60 seconds would be a piece of cake. I guess that's a good thing though, because it makes me actually push myself
  • goodwifey82
    goodwifey82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I want to lose another stone before I start. I am a bit excited tho. Lol. Famous last words...
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm planning on starting tomorrow (as in literally tomorrow, not 'tomorrow' as in 'never'). I took a look at my C25K app (seems to have been bought by Kellogs!) and it all looks sensible until week 5 day 3, when it jumps from 8min runs to 20mins in one fell swoop! Imagine not seeing that coming. Weirdly week 6 goes back to 8mins until day 3 when there's another 20min run.

Is this the same schedule on most C25K programmes?
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    akf2000 wrote: »
    I'm planning on starting tomorrow (as in literally tomorrow, not 'tomorrow' as in 'never'). I took a look at my C25K app (seems to have been bought by Kellogs!) and it all looks sensible until week 5 day 3, when it jumps from 8min runs to 20mins in one fell swoop! Imagine not seeing that coming. Weirdly week 6 goes back to 8mins until day 3 when there's another 20min run.

Is this the same schedule on most C25K programmes?

It is on mine. That day is very intimidating, but when you get there it's totally doable!

If you're just starting, there is absolutely no shame in running at a very, VERY slow pace (I also carefully planned my route so there aren't hills - I'll add those later). Just being able to run/jog for increasing amounts of time is really motivating!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    @afk2000 that is normal and trust me, you CAN do it. That day is a big mental hurdle. If you've been doing ok following the program, then you will be able to make it through W5D3. If you need to, slow down your pace a bit.. but mostly trust in yourself that you can do it. :)
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    hah thanks, both. It seems like 'W5D3' is a known thing!