What was the final straw for you?

Options
124»

Replies

• Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Kylie - I had reflux for years to the point where I often slept sitting up in a chair because lying down was to painful. Haven not had reflux in the past year+ since losing some weight. Best of luck to you!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I had been doing awesome for a while, and dropped around 20lbs. Life started to get rough, however, and my breaking point was realizing I gained back all the weight I lost. I'm not where I was, in regards to my dedication - but I am trying so hard to get back to that point.
  • crazycats2
    crazycats2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My weight has been a source of insecurity for me since middle school, I had dealt with an eating disorder for years and after recovering & not caring about counting calories anymore I found myself at the highest weight of my life, I don't fit in any of my clothes anymore, I feel lazy, depressed, unattractive. Trying to do it the healthy way this time, but I'm still learning to have a normal relationship with food and get motivated to exercise
  • mrtex_2
    mrtex_2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The little aches and pains. My body telling me that it wasn't going to support the weight for much longer, at least not the way that I want to live. I have 7 year old and when he's in high school I will be in my 50's. I want to be active and able to keep up with him and his interests. A change had to be made.
  • rebeccanow16
    rebeccanow16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Watching as I spent over $1000. to lose only 10 pounds on a popular program and the gain half of it back with junk food and mindless snacking! Its possible to retrain your mind, it just takes focus! Thats what I have to work on...focus on what goes into my mouth!
  • virginislander2
    virginislander2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Looking at myself in pictures. I am tired of cropping to hide my fat arms and big stomach.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Old episodes of The Biggest Loser

I know there are talks about it being fake, and that the trainers forced them to eat less etc etc, but hey, it motivated me to lose weight, so for me it works
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Pictures can be the worst!
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    For me it was me spending three nights in ICU with a blood pressure of 220/190, beats per minute 120, multiple organ failure, difficulty breathing.

I realized that week that being fat and proud was a myth. A coffin was a much more realistic expectation.

I've never looked back
  • Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Mine was a break up and I'm proud to say all 50lb I lost he gained!! ha ha
  • lolosensan2
    lolosensan2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pictures of me in my bathing suit from Memorial Day weekend :/ Mostly I am on this journey to look better but I want to feel better too. I want to be able to be SUPER active.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Couldn't fit on a roller coaster.
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    None of my pants fit (I've alway been more bottom heavy) and I was always uncomfortable bc I couldn't afford new clothes. I started getting back into exercising slowly, then found out I had breast cancer. My doctor said exercising could help reduce the fatigue from radiation, and it actually did, amazingly. My doctor also thinks that my exercising has helped keep side effects from my medication at bay, so I'm all for staying active and not having hot flashes and other "fun" side effects. Sad that it had to take something drastic for me to want to take care of myself.
  • Bostoncoffee
    Bostoncoffee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me - trying to find outfits to wear in my closet that actually fit correctly, took a backside shot of myself and wow was all I could say, finally hitting 199 on the scale. That's it, I'm done. LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!!
  • ofcsfoster36
    ofcsfoster36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Final straw was sitting in the hospital with my lover failing and my sugars skyrocketing. When doctor said I would be dead in 5 years of I didn't change it finally set in.
  • dbashby
    dbashby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just saw a number (297) that was dangerously close to a number I just wasn't willing to accept. I was fortunate I could carry my weight very well, when I tell my friends that number they looked at me with disbelief. I said I was fortunate for being able to carry the weight well but some things really aren't a blessing. I don't know this for sure but vanity might have motivated me sooner if I didn't carry it so well. I think we all know that when you're overweight your discriminated against overtly and covertly. You'll never know all the covert ways but think of employment both not getting hired and not getting potential promotions and you dating/sex life not be asked out. You will never know how many opportunities pass by because of that.
  • Tatummfp
    Tatummfp Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had a son. We watch what we feed him, only healthy beneficial foods. Why was it okay for me to eat crap food and huge portions? Bottom line is that I didn't want to teach him all my bad eating habits.
  • goodmane23
    goodmane23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Seeing the scale tip 170 and knowing I'm setting a horrible example for my son.