Negativity...

Options

Replies

• EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You and your body know if you're eating enough or not. You know if you're healthy or not. She might be a bit jealous and maybe needs some encouragement of her own. Or, like with most negativity, you should just ignore her and move on. It's nice to see everyone here come to support you and that's what it should be about.

On some level it's jealousy. Maybe on some level she is being kind and worrying about people developing eating disorders. Or maybe (although I have no idea why) she is one of those people who doesn't find a hardbody sexy.

Good luck and press on! Hopefully it doesn't get to you too much!
  • mamillien1
    Options
    I think for sure you should be honest with her and explain that you are doing this for health reasons and that its a personal choice. Maybe even ask her why she feels like you shouldnt eat better, listening to see if maybe she is talking out of her own insecurities. Bring snacks for her as well have her taste good stuff instead of chips and whatever nonsense she bring to tempt you! Good luck my dear! Theres so much negativity out there .
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I agree with being polite and professional.
    You're there to work not eat.
    Are you telling anyone else how to eat or exercise?
  • ohnstadk
    ohnstadk Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You should find an untraceable way to murder her!!!

thank you for this! you showed me how to bold things :) but now I wonder if i write the following with the same concept yet italic will it be?

People like her totally need to shove off!!!!

does underlined work the same way

^^^^ EDITED to say this makes me extremely happy :)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I could refrain from punching her in the face, but sounds like you're not there, so - yeah. Kindness.

Or just play the why game with her - you know how kids do it? After ever statement she says about your weight, just ask her why.

"Why do you want me to unhealthy food?"
    "Why do you think I'm too skinny?"

Don't let a single statement she makes about your health go unchallenged. Just play dumb and act like you're trying to understand.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

OMG I laughed so hard!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Stop sharing so much with your co worker.....Your seeking the attention by sharing information with her about your eating and exercising habits...you now know her response method so avoid the topic.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Tell her the food she wants you to eat gives you really stinky gas and you won't eat it out of consideration for your coworkers.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I agree with being polite and professional.
    You're there to work not eat.
    Are you telling anyone else how to eat or exercise?

Agree with Susie here. Are you running around the office flaunting your diet/exercise? I assume not. Since you arent, she shouldn't tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing. Its called common courtesy and no one has anymore these days.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

This guy.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    internet_memes_seor_gif_sports_suck-s499x300-342399-580.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

This guy.

Yah this guy or you can start commenting on her lack of healthy eating habits and comment her blood pressure should get checked or her sodium levels...or her cholesterol...and if that doesn't drop the "skinny fat" bomb on her.

Or offer her healthy choices...

Sorry my B*tch switch got flipped there for a minute
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Why do people assume the OP is "flaunting" her diet and exercise success? She has lost a LOT of weight, and looks great. It doesn't take a genius to realize she is dieting and/or exercising, even if she doesn't share it in conversation. If the jealousy bug is there, it's there, no matter what OP "flaunts" when asked. All she can do is smile, and kill it with kindness...

...BTW, kindness is an untraceable way to murder someone.
  • xXK1LL3RxCH1CXx
    Options
    Tell her "Keep calm and commence BEAST MODE!" :drinker:
  • annettaevans
    Options
    Firstly, it sounds as if she is jealous of your accomplishments and trying to sabotage your success! So, thank her for the offer and politely decline, reminding her you are "eating clean"...if she persists, let her know how much better you feel by NOT eating "junk food", tell her that you have made a life change and don't feel as though you are depriving yourself - that you choose to eat better for health. If she still persists, invite her to walk/exercise with you...bring her exercise clothes and do the same thing she does to you...eventually, she should take the hint. If not and it continues to bother you, confront her politely letting her know that you feel she is purposely sabotaging your decision to eat clean and just come right out and ask her why. Keep it nice, say it with a smile...you do have to continue to work with her...good luck!:smile:
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Kill her with kindness. I deal with it every day. "eeeewwww abs are for men" "you're too toned"... blah blah.

Smile and say "thanks for your opinion but I am happy and healthy and that's really none of anyone business.

Abs are for men? Nothing better than a girl with abs!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    see I would tell you the exact wrong thing because I would tell you to tell HER to mind her own damn business... buts that's just me :flowerforyou:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I don't really have to deal with it to this level but I constantly get the "You're getting too skinny" crowd. I get "You don't need to lose any more weight.. The thing is, I am 6'3" and weigh 223-225... This relates to a bmi of about 28... Not only am I not "skinny"... I am actually overweight and only a couple of points from being obese. Peoples' perceptions are based on a false sense of what is normal...
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree, sounds like maybe she's jealous and trying to sabotage your hard work a little. It is so frustrating when people decide your body is their business! I recently started eating a lot cleaner and a consistent workout routine and my friends make fun of me for it and pull the whole "oh one drink/piece of pizza/cake/junk isn't going to kill you" and they are kind of pushy about it. Also my best female friend makes fun of me for lifting heavy and tells me I'm going to look manly... Time for new friends???
  • xXK1LL3RxCH1CXx
    Options
    You cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life. Whenever you feel down and discouraged, just tell yourself that things will get better. Keep believing in yourself! :wink: