Boiled eggs

2»

Replies

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    I like my boiled eggs warm. I originally boil them on the stovetop of course, 6 at a time. To reheat them 2 at a time, I microwave a cup of water 50 seconds and then submerge the 2 eggs. Makes them so much easier to peel, and they taste better to me warm somehow. Keep those cold eggs away from me!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Terrie724 wrote: »
    Ok so how do you heat up hard boiled eggs in the microwave??? I made two boiled eggs yesterday to egg for breakfast today. I heated them up in the microwave and when I cut them open...BOOOOM.....egg went flying everywhere. NOW after you stop laughing what the hell did I do wrong.

Well let's start with the microwave haha
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I steam my eggs on the stove (instead of boiling) and then if I want them warm I peel and slice them before sticking in the microwave. Steaming them makes them easier to peel I found.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I didn't know people ate them warm either. Like...sometimes right after I boil them it's a little warm still. But I don't really like them that way.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Warm hard boiled eggs are so good. That's why I stopped eating hard boiled eggs period.

I'd rather just cut them out them than eat them cold.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    I had the same thing happen to me. Twice! You can only cook scrambled eggs in the microwave. 5 seconds at a time unless you have some device made for that purpose. I'd stick to boiling water.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Shell it then cut it or slice it. Heat on 50-80% power for a few seconds at a time to see what works for your micro.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Just cut them before reheating and only put them in for maybe 20 seconds. I heat up boiled eggs all the time and don't ever have issues.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Put a little Sriracha on those boiled eggs too, after you reheat them. I like 4 drops on each half.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2016
    I prefer mine warm too. I peel & keep boiled eggs in fridge. When I want one, I wrap it in a papertowel & 10 SECONDS in microwave warms it up enough for me.

I've never had any explode btw. OP, did you peel the shells first?

I microwave mine shell on. The shell won't prevent them from exploding if overheated, however.

Ten seconds doesn't warm them enough for me but yes paper towel used here as well.
    Out of curiosity why do you want to eat a hard-boiled egg warm? I eat them cold cut in half with a little bit of salt.

By the way, for the perfect hard-boiled egg, put eggs in a pot and cover with cold water, bring to a boil, put a cover on and shut the heat off. Leave it for 17 minutes.

I like my eggs warm but don't have the facilities at work to make them there. I'd much rather have fried eggs but If it must be boiled i still like them warm.

Cold eggs. Yuck.

I follow the 3 minute boil rule. Perfect for me every time with the yolk still slightly soft.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    I was assuming the shell might cause them to explode, excess moisture being held in by the shell & then expanding w/ the heat.

Ten seconds is a starting point (the mic @ work is scortching hot @ 10 sec, home takes a little longer), I'd recommend only a few seconds at a time after that point until it's favorable for you.

agreed, cold eggs=yuck