Peacocking

Options

Replies

• kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have xl sized big orange glasses and I sometimes deadlift/squat with them.

Last christmas, I squatted with a triple pointed elf hat for a whole week.

I also buy the same pair of shoes in 2 colours and mix them for *kitten* and giggles. Odd socks are almost a certainty and they show when I do barefoot deadlifts.

LMFAO
  • buthoflamb6
    buthoflamb6 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    We all have seen it at the gym or in the community. That one man or woman or men and women who are over the top in the gym attire. Making sure all eyes are looking their way.

Let's hear some of the best and worst peacocking stories we have to date....

My favorite is the ladies who wear the yoga pants that become see through as they stretch. Tells you a lot about them if you see it haha hahaha.

I have a confession :s I once came home from the gym, feeling good rocking my brand new yoga pants, cooking dinner for my friend & I... I bent over & she goes "I seriously hope you didn't wear those to the gym"

I'm so sorry for those poor souls who witnessed my pale asset.
    :'(

It is not always intentional.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yet no 1 complains about superheros, wearing their underwear; over their pants! I had some that were intentional: 1 major camel toe because I gained weight & couldn't afford new shorts. 2 shorts that were more like cheeky panties because I bought them online, so I couldn't try them on 1st & I didn't feel like dealing with returning them or desiring, to pay for the return shipping. 3 I wear string bikinis because it's easier to put them on & take them off, by tying/untying them; instead of fighting to stretch the material over every roll of fat! I only cater to the blind, not the sighted. If someone has an issue with the way that I look, they can stay home & keep their blinds/curtains closed. People like that, seriously make me want to "sew" the rear of my dress; into the inside of my panties & "glue" toilet paper, to my shoe ("sew" & "glue", to prove; that it's intentional)!
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    We all have seen it at the gym or in the community. That one man or woman or men and women who are over the top in the gym attire. Making sure all eyes are looking their way.

My favorite is the ladies who wear the yoga pants that become see through as they stretch. Tells you a lot about them if you see it haha hahaha.

OP, I can tell you with near certainty that the women with see through yoga pants are not usually peacocking. It's usually more like a wardrobe malfunction. Most of the time we CANNOT tell that they are see through. I once had to discreetly tell a girl at the gym that her tights weren't opaque. She was both embarassed and grateful.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I also buy the same pair of shoes in 2 colours and mix them for *kitten* and giggles. Odd socks are almost a certainty and they show when I do barefoot deadlifts.

I've got you beat. Shoes on the left:

IMG_5359.JPG

A friend saw those on my feet and said "those are either pimp shoes, or bike shoes." I told her they're both.
  • buthoflamb6
    Options

You are going to get a lecture now and you deserve it.

Nobody buys yoga pants, tries them and asks the seller to check if it is see through and actually bootystretch and verify in the process. That would be bizarre.

Even if it is intentional, so what? Why do you have to check it out and form an opinion? The modern man has to accept that women can wear whatever the F they want and that does not tell a lot about anything. In fact, it tells a lot about you for ogling at it rather than sweating some poundage out.

I am no hermit. I do check out the girls but noone can ever guess I am checking them out and I do not ogle nor form an opinion. When my wife asks, I tell her I check nothing out. It's okay to lie because wives don't like the truth sometimes.

Wow. Upset much?
  • buthoflamb6
    Options
    I like how some getupset at what I said and others just keep the conversation moving. I see men doing off the wall stuff as well. We had a homeless walking around just touching the weights for about 20-30 minutes.

I have also seen the guys who come in and are in a pack of 3-5 and all stand around and lift a little but laugh a lot. You know the Bros of the gym.

I stay to myself except for the few other veterans I happen to say hello to. The gym for me is all about work and results. No time for the peacocks grunting louder than needed or the women jumping rope with the small tank top on in front of the mirror co stantly adjusting and pulling it down.

• toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    the worst was this one time a couple weeks ago there was a guy at the gym who had on really tight shorts and you could see the entire outline of his little friend..

just kidding, that was my bf (he lost a bet) and it was the best day at the gym, ever!

point being, I don't know why you're complaining about getting a free show while you workout...:love:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    My questions to women peacocks (peacunz, I suppose) is, 'the hell you doing hair and makeup for before your workout?
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I like how some getupset at what I said and others just keep the conversation moving. I see men doing off the wall stuff as well. We had a homeless walking around just touching the weights for about 20-30 minutes.

I have also seen the guys who come in and are in a pack of 3-5 and all stand around and lift a little but laugh a lot. You know the Bros of the gym.

I stay to myself except for the few other veterans I happen to say hello to. The gym for me is all about work and results. No time for the peacocks grunting louder than needed or the women jumping rope with the small tank top on in front of the mirror co stantly adjusting and pulling it down.

It seems to me that those whom begin a thread to complain're the 1's whom're upset!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    My questions to women peacocks (peacunz, I suppose) is, 'the hell you doing hair and makeup for before your workout?

For me looking nice as nice as possible, is just apart of my; basic hygiene. Not using cosmetics before going to a gym'd be like, wearing dirty clothes from my hamper; instead of clean clothes.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »

For me looking nice as nice as possible, is just apart of my; basic hygiene. Not using cosmetics before going to a gym'd be like, wearing dirty clothes from my hamper; instead of clean clothes.

All those extra semicolons :astonished::scream:

Sometimes I come from work, @Timshel_ sheesh. :tongue: Or my makeup is just still caked on from the night before :joy:

One time I did overhear some mean girls going on gossiping about how much makeup I was wearing from the gym. :unamused: It's not like I put it on FOR the gym O_o....I just don't wash it off :joy:

Lol yeah & I am even worse, with run on sentences!
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    lun4wub wrote: »
    I have mostly seen girls with a new face painted over their real one with a tiny sports bra and tiny short shorts. The outfit wouldn't bother me (as i don't mind checking them out ;) )if it wasn't for all the makeup running down their face by the end of their workout.

I know really.
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lun4wub wrote: »
    I have mostly seen girls with a new face painted over their real one with a tiny sports bra and tiny short shorts. The outfit wouldn't bother me (as i don't mind checking them out ;) )if it wasn't for all the makeup running down their face by the end of their workout.

LOL my workout cloths.. :P
    But I never wear makeup.. I wash it off before I go to the studio or the gym. Guess I'm a peacock.
    (well I don't powerlift in yoga shorts and a sports bra.. I wear full on clothes when lifting..everything else.. yoga shorts + sports bra :P )
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    Honestly though...mostly I just do me at the gym.

It doesn't really bother me what other people look like when they go to the gym O_o