Peacocking

Options

Replies

• teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, I've seen more crazy things just out and about than in the gym.

For a while, I would often see a middle-aged guy out power walking during my commute: tight tank over big belly and *tiny* neon shorts. His outfit was never the same from day to day, who knew there were so many bright colors to choose from with workout apparel!

I once saw a male runner stretching, leg up on a bench...super short running shorts...could not unsee! Longest stoplight ever. He was also wearing neon colored clothing and matching sweatband.

Probably not surprising that peacocking and neon clothing go together in my mind. :D
  • louandjas
    louandjas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My sister wears make up for the gym about 3 to 5 times a week! Good on her I say. If she can be bothered & it makes her feel good then she's not harming anyone just lining the pockets of Mac & Benefit
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Too tan lady with her boobs out, yeah, I've seen her.
  • buthoflamb6
    buthoflamb6 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like how some getupset at what I said and others just keep the conversation moving. I see men doing off the wall stuff as well. We had a homeless walking around just touching the weights for about 20-30 minutes.

I have also seen the guys who come in and are in a pack of 3-5 and all stand around and lift a little but laugh a lot. You know the Bros of the gym.

I stay to myself except for the few other veterans I happen to say hello to. The gym for me is all about work and results. No time for the peacocks grunting louder than needed or the women jumping rope with the small tank top on in front of the mirror co stantly adjusting and pulling it down.

It seems to me that those whom begin a thread to complain're the 1's whom're upset!

Ahh these types of people are everyone. Life is not complete without these.
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    The main culprits at my gym are the ones where they have a face full of complete make up, fake tans, fake eyelashes included, who strut around in their hotpants and bras... But don't actually use the gym equipment???

I mean, I'm all for body confidence, you go girlssss, but come on? What's the point? I think you're in the wrong place!
  • buthoflamb6
    buthoflamb6 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    _m0lly wrote: »
    The main culprits at my gym are the ones where they have a face full of complete make up, fake tans, fake eyelashes included, who strut around in their hotpants and bras... But don't actually use the gym equipment???

I mean, I'm all for body confidence, you go girlssss, but come on? What's the point? I think you're in the wrong place!

Truth
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    _m0lly wrote: »

Ever been fully clothed at a hot yoga class? Stretching in a heated room that's around 98 F?
    We have that at my gym and it's very common to see the girls walking around the gym to cool off. No one seems to care
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    I wish I could take a picture of this one dude at the gym, he dresses like he just stepped out of the 80s. Also I don't know what is up with guys that wear jeans to work out in. Seriously, is it that hard to get shorts or workout pants. At least make some jean short cutoffs. haha
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I wish I could take a picture of this one dude at the gym, he dresses like he just stepped out of the 80s. Also I don't know what is up with guys that wear jeans to work out in. Seriously, is it that hard to get shorts or workout pants. At least make some jean short cutoffs. haha

You mean like the pants Joey Buttafuoco was wearing back in the day? I forget the name of them, had Zebra Stripes I think.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i was teaching a class and mentioned i liked the polka dots....after class i told her about the squat test. it helps avoid those types of pants
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Arathels wrote: »
    lun4wub wrote: »
    I have mostly seen girls with a new face painted over their real one with a tiny sports bra and tiny short shorts. The outfit wouldn't bother me (as i don't mind checking them out ;) )if it wasn't for all the makeup running down their face by the end of their workout.

LOL my workout cloths.. :P
    But I never wear makeup.. I wash it off before I go to the studio or the gym. Guess I'm a peacock.
    (well I don't powerlift in yoga shorts and a sports bra.. I wear full on clothes when lifting..everything else.. yoga shorts + sports bra :P )

waterproof make up people.
    i'm a sweater and crier so i always wear waterproof make up. and if i come from work, i still have my make up on
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Tattoo eye liner & you don't have to worry about it or take it off! Love it
  • Mike02209
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i was teaching a class and mentioned i liked the polka dots....after class i told her about the squat test. it helps avoid those types of pants

That would be embarrassing if it happened to me, at least you were cool about it.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »

That would be embarrassing if it happened to me, at least you were cool about it.

i was doing a demonstration out in public one day and my black leggings got a run and i had neon pink runderpants on sooooooo i get it
  • Mike02209
    edited June 2016
    Options

Mike02209 wrote: »

i was doing a demonstration out in public one day and my black leggings got a run and i had neon pink runderpants on sooooooo i get it

Ahh, the dreaded panty shot, sorry about that.
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    Full blown make and hair..
    Walking around not doing much ...def not breaking a sweat
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    Arathels wrote: »
    lun4wub wrote: »
    I have mostly seen girls with a new face painted over their real one with a tiny sports bra and tiny short shorts. The outfit wouldn't bother me (as i don't mind checking them out ;) )if it wasn't for all the makeup running down their face by the end of their workout.

LOL my workout cloths.. :P
    But I never wear makeup.. I wash it off before I go to the studio or the gym. Guess I'm a peacock.
    (well I don't powerlift in yoga shorts and a sports bra.. I wear full on clothes when lifting..everything else.. yoga shorts + sports bra :P )

waterproof make up people.
    i'm a sweater and crier so i always wear waterproof make up. and if i come from work, i still have my make up on

Aerial hoops? I like you already :D

I have to try the waterproof make up, thanks for the tip :D