Options

Replies

• Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    jgkoutr wrote: »
    Full blown make and hair..
    Walking around not doing much ...def not breaking a sweat

This irritates me because I don't like people taking up gym space and not using it. The gym is crowded enough as it is.

That said, I wear waterproof makeup everywhere I go. Usually with a running hat for convenience. I wear short shorts on squat days because I can go ATG without having to constantly readjust my capri leggings. I don't give a dang what anyone else looks like at the gym as long as they're not actually peacocking while pretending to use equipment.
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    jgkoutr wrote: »
    Full blown make and hair..
    Walking around not doing much ...def not breaking a sweat

This irritates me because I don't like people taking up gym space and not using it. The gym is crowded enough as it is.

That said, I wear waterproof makeup everywhere I go. Usually with a running hat for convenience. I wear short shorts on squat days because I can go ATG without having to constantly readjust my capri leggings. I don't give a dang what anyone else looks like at the gym as long as they're not actually peacocking while pretending to use equipment.

Yes . especially if I go right after work I have make up on..
    But there's a difference lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Intentional or not it is not the best look. Part of me wants to ask if they are aware of it, however that could back fire horribly.

they'd probably be embarrassed I'd suspect. I know when my bathing suit gets a little worn once someone points it out i'm mortified

It wouldn't be to be mean though. I would compliment the view but ask if they were aware just how clear the view is.... I dunno ... I would hope someone could tell me my attire is a little revealing ....

Please, please do not do that.
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not peacocking so much as something that I remembered that was awesome ... there was a guy at the gym that I called "Blade guy" because he had the full-on Wesley Snipes blade fauxhawk with big tribal tattoos and dude was ripped AF. He was amazing.

One thing I don't get that I think I've seen once or twice is someone drinking out of a hot Starbucks cup. I feel like that hot beverage can't be good for you while you're working out.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    This isn't really the point of the thread, but I love it when I see old folks in jeans or slacks at the gym working out just to keep fit and not concerned about looking cool. I'd much rather work our with them than the loud grunters. Haven't noticed any peacocking... But then nobody probably wants to spread their feathers for ole peppermint pudge.

There is an old guy at the gym I go to who works out wearing blue jeans and a flannel shirt. I often wonder if he doesn't overheat, but he wears the same thing every time I see him so it must be comfy.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    In general, while I may notice what people are wearing, I generally do not care. What does bother me is the dude who VERY loudly grunts ...very very very loudly ....almost screaming sometimes...with every.move.he.makes. Whether he is doing squats w/ weights or working on the ab machine or seated leg press....he makes these agonizing sounds that are very loud and annoying as heck..and then he drops the weights or lets the weights of the machine slam down really hard.

He can wear whatever he wants, but I wish he'd shut UP.
  • steve5269
    steve5269 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like the guys that are lifting a decent amount, but when people don't notice them, they drop the weights and let out a big grunt. It's like really guy. Want me to shine a damn spot light on you too. Straight douches
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The grunters. I get it if you're lifting heavy weights, those sounds just sorta come out. One guy at my old gym who used to come in quite late like I did would be running at a tidy clip and he would start grunting as if he were getting it on. He would also talk to himself a lot, too. Not like a nice little motivational whisper, but like, "GO! GO, YOU NEED THIS! GO FASTER, YOU PIECE OF FAT!" No lie. Bless him, I hope he has moved past calling himself a piece of fat.
  • buthoflamb6
    buthoflamb6 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why anyone cares what anyone else is doing in the gym. They paid their membership fee, if they wanna put on a pink tutu and sit in the middle of the floor and read a comic, that's their prerogative, as long as they're not getting in my way.

Funny you say they can do what they want. Yet you state they better not be in your way. So it is OK until they get in your way?

Did it cross your mind maybe the stories you hear are from when they got in the way? If a woman wears see through clothes to a gym wth is she thinking?
  • buthoflamb6
    Options
    The grunters. I get it if you're lifting heavy weights, those sounds just sorta come out. One guy at my old gym who used to come in quite late like I did would be running at a tidy clip and he would start grunting as if he were getting it on. He would also talk to himself a lot, too. Not like a nice little motivational whisper, but like, "GO! GO, YOU NEED THIS! GO FASTER, YOU PIECE OF FAT!" No lie. Bless him, I hope he has moved past calling himself a piece of fat.

Lol @ bless him

Great story
  • buthoflamb6
    Options
    Not peacocking so much as something that I remembered that was awesome ... there was a guy at the gym that I called "Blade guy" because he had the full-on Wesley Snipes blade fauxhawk with big tribal tattoos and dude was ripped AF. He was amazing.

One thing I don't get that I think I've seen once or twice is someone drinking out of a hot Starbucks cup. I feel like that hot beverage can't be good for you while you're working out.

Some guys I know use coffee for the energy instead of all the lab made energy stuff. Me personally, I use water and a healthy(not always) food intake.

Ugh hot coffee
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

Some guys I know use coffee for the energy instead of all the lab made energy stuff. Me personally, I use water and a healthy(not always) food intake.

Ugh hot coffee

I drink coffee before I workout. Often if I'm competing or partnering tests I'll have beer or wine or jello shots. Sometimes you want an edge other times you don't
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    wait so are you saying i cant go to the gym in my big goth boots and makeup without you judging me?

shocked
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    wait so are you saying i cant go to the gym in my big goth boots and makeup without you judging me?

shocked

clearly you want attention. duh
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I prefer the phrase greenbeanvagining to peacocking personally.